What's new

Lupe Fiasco Vs Daigo Umehara [Footage]

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Did you guys see the damage in that combo Daigo did? I don't know how hard it is to pull off that stuff in a real match, but damn, it makes Ferra/Torr jelly.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You're right. Next time there's a discussion about a character's specific stagger strings, or footsie gameplan, or whatever I'm gonna ask in the thread "What is a stagger string" so I can contribute nothing and interrupt the meaningful conversation that was occurring so I can be lectured, like a child, about what the adults were discussing.
Or someone that isn't pretentious will explain it to you and suggest moving the conversation to a pm. Talking about stagger strings would require multiple posts. Asking who Lupe is only requires 1 response.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i checked 2 songs and he is not terrible unlike most rappers with a similar style. he has flow, even though its not very elaborate, and his lyrics surpass the level of "shake your butt butt butt". but apparently thats enough to become "one of the biggest artists of the mid-2000s", which were a terrible era in popular music, featuring, among others, the degeneration of rap to an expression of violence and sexism.

i just normally asked who this guy is before i got attacked.
i just wanted to point out that 2 songs from lupe says absolutely nothing about his catalog as a whole. thats sort of like reading the back cover of a book to judge it... now , that being said.. lupes def not for everyone.

Even i as a lupe fan cant listen to him every day ..

King Cash

Next Level
Go listen to Tetsuo & Youth, end to end.. and Food & Liquor II.. Then get back to us.. hell just go listen to everything.. the songs on their own are great, but if you study the lyrics and look into the context, & get the double and triple entendres.. Hes def the greatest Lyricist ive heard to date..

also grammy nominated ( dont know if hes won b4) and has atleast 1 platinum album outta 5. id say thats pretty popular..

O/T.. The match was great for me, i enjoy both Lupe an FG.. i was surprised he even knew how to play as well as he did..

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its always nice to see famous people be good at video games.
Honestly I wanna be famous one day so I can show up at tournaments and collude wins with autographs.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Lupe was ok back in the day. He definitely started his career at a time when rap was hitting a dry patch of great content, and that helped him along. I actually like Japanese Cartoon more than a lot of his albums, but he's cool for sure.

ITT: rap plebs :DOGE

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Or someone that isn't pretentious will explain it to you and suggest moving the conversation to a pm. Talking about stagger strings would require multiple posts. Asking who Lupe is only requires 1 response.
Yet earlier you said:

Lets stop asking questions that could lead to conversation/learning and use google instead?
Which is it? Is it an easy question that nonprententious people can answer in one post or is it some interesting question that can lead to a conversation? Better yet, don't answer that question cause I don't need another bullshit response. Next time inform yourself instead of writing several posts to justify why people in a forum should be holding your hand.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yet earlier you said:

Which is it? Is it an easy question that nonprententious people can answer in one post or is it some interesting question that can lead to a conversation? Better yet, don't answer that question cause I don't need another bullshit response. Next time inform yourself instead of writing several posts to justify why people in a forum should be holding your hand.
Clearly, I do not care if someone asks a question on a forum. I thought I made myself pretty clear on that? The only reason why I responded to this thread is because someone was called, "uncultured swine" because they did not know who a rapper is, but I digress corzz. It's totally ok to be unnecessarily harsh to another human being for asking a question on a forum. I'm done.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
i checked 2 songs and he is not terrible unlike most rappers with a similar style. he has flow, even though its not very elaborate, and his lyrics surpass the level of "shake your butt butt butt". but apparently thats enough to become "one of the biggest artists of the mid-2000s", which were a terrible era in popular music, featuring, among others, the degeneration of rap to an expression of violence and sexism.

i just normally asked who this guy is before i got attacked.

Listen to American Terrorist.. Or He say She Say.. Sunshine, hell the whole Food and Liquor album.

I'm not offended that ppl don't know who Lupe is, but to find out and call him subpar is mind boggling. You must've listened to his more recent stuff, which admittingly isn't the greatest.

If you are a fan of rap, or lyricism as a whole, do yourself a favor and check out food and liquor. I promise you will not be disappointed.

You're right. Next time there's a discussion about a character's specific stagger strings, or footsie gameplan, or whatever I'm gonna ask in the thread "What is a stagger string" so I can contribute nothing and interrupt the meaningful conversation that was occurring so I can be lectured, like a child, about what the adults were discussing.
The fact that you think explaining concepts to newer players is an "interruption" of a meaningful conversation is ridiculous. If someone honestly is curious and doesn't know it's not a bad thing to ask, and I much prefer curious noobs to elitists.

Last edited:

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Listen to American Terrorist.. Or He say She Say.. Sunshine, hell the whole Food and Liquor album.

I'm not offended that ppl don't know who Lupe is, but to find out and call him subpar is mind boggling. You must've listened to his more recent stuff, which admittingly isn't the greatest.

If you are a fan of rap, or lyricism as a whole, do yourself a favor and check out food and liquor. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Don't get me wrong. Dude knows how to spit. But if Food and Liquor is the only album people want to refer to when talking about Lupe. That's pretty sub par to me.

When you speak on an artist and want to prove that he isn't sub par (which you shouldn't have to do in the first place). There should be multiple bodies of work, freestyles, feature verses, etc etc. that should be taken to account.

That being said, yes, Food and Liquor is a really good album. The Cool is also decent. Everything else is meh.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
The fact that you think explaining concepts to newer players is an "interruption" of a meaningful conversation is ridiculous. If someone honestly is curious and doesn't know it's not a bad thing to ask, and I much prefer curious noobs to elitists.
You're conflating two different types of questions here. Asking "what is a stagger string" is something that can literally be answered by google. If this hypothetical thread is discussing certain kombos or buttons that are considered stagger strings then asking "why are these things considered stagger strings" or "how do I utilize these as stagger strings to better realize X character's ideal gameplan" would be the correct way to try to inform yourself. You're asking questions that a search engine can't answer (easily) and, surprise surprise, those type of questions contribute to the discussion at large. It's showing the forum the basic amount of respect by choosing to inform yourself of the basics instead of expecting users to be your personal search engine.

I mean we're all, or most of us, are here to get smarter and better at the game so I'll never fault someone for not knowing any given subject. But choosing to be disrespectful about the role you expect the users here to play in helping you to become informed about said subject or even flaunting your ignorance isn't something that should be reinforced.

Last edited:
i just wanted to point out that 2 songs from lupe says absolutely nothing about his catalog as a whole. thats sort of like reading the back cover of a book to judge it... now , that being said.. lupes def not for everyone.

Even i as a lupe fan cant listen to him every day ..
im a musician myself so i get into stuff quite quickly, but sure i dont know his whole portfolio

did that, didnt change my opinion. if you wanna know what i think is good flow and lyrics check this guy:

The cool was a pretty amazing album the story was compelling and the lyrics were amazing between that food and liquor, some of his mixtape and a couple of songs on tensuo and youth you got enough lyrical content to analyze for years

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
The cool was a pretty amazing album the story was compelling and the lyrics were amazing between that food and liquor, some of his mixtape and a couple of songs on tensuo and youth you got enough lyrical content to analyze for years
Bruh, it's not over 25 years old so it's shit.