What's new

Guide Low Gun Shot Safety Chart

o__o? I'm pretty sure when you start the match you're one dash away.
Great work by the way. o.o Not a Deathstroke player anymore but nice to see you guys staying strong.
When he lists 1 dash away, he means 1 dash further away than a fresh round start.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
o__o? I'm pretty sure when you start the match you're one dash away.
Great work by the way. o.o Not a Deathstroke player anymore but nice to see you guys staying strong.
That's true, but I'm referring to from the start of the round, to dashing back after it. It made more sense to me in my nerfed head...;p xD :joker:

Coddfish

Noob
Sorry, I snapped a little bit :(

I don't think posts like that are constructive either, that's why I try and avoid them. Sorry to godlessmode also, that wasn't fair of me.

I don't really think a point blank list would be helpful, I think it's safe to assume that the whole cast would have at least one normal that comes out quick enough to punish. Hawkgirl definitely does, and as it is, she's the only one who can't punish from neutral.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Coddfish
godlessmode

Thank you, and to prevent further derailing, I would kindly ask if you two would kindly stop there. Tension's running high in the DS forums and we all understand that. Let's just be adults and forget it ever happened eh? If you guys find more things that I didn't find, make sure you post it here!! I'll probably get the new list up tomorrow, unless I stop being lazy ;p
We can forgive, but we cannot forget >:I

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Sorry, I snapped a little bit :(

I don't think posts like that are constructive either, that's why I try and avoid them. Sorry to godlessmode also, that wasn't fair of me.

I don't really think a point blank list would be helpful, I think it's safe to assume that the whole cast would have at least one normal that comes out quick enough to punish. Hawkgirl definitely does, and as it is, she's the only one who can't punish from neutral.
See here's the thing...I thought about that 5 minutes after putting that there, then I realized it's too late to go back, and I just stuck with it ever since, it actually surprised me that Hawkgirl wasn't able to punish.

ONmedz

Noob
That's true, but I'm referring to from the start of the round, to dashing back after it. It made more sense to me in my nerfed head...;p xD :joker:
Yeah. I'm just curious too, because I play Hawkgirl and it just seems weird that she wouldn't be able to punish it up close. o.o I guess none of her specials would be fast enough...but she could still poke with d1! D:
x.x You Deathstrokes and Doomsday are annoying counterpicks for me.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I also found out something peculiar about near anyone who can punish with a special from a dash away (Doomsday, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Joker, Sinestro, and Wonder Woman's b+2 in whip. If they miss their input by just a few frames, they actually miss the punish completely.

OH and another thing about Wonder Woman's b+2 punish, they can actually fuck up the input going from blocking low to b+2 so a special move that wouldn't even come close to punishing gets thrown out instead. This happens as well with Sinestro's b13 punish from neutral.

Coddfish

Noob
Also with Hawkgirl: most of her specials are airborne and can't be set as reversals, which makes it hard to test what she can punish with. That said, she can become airborne pretty quickly with her trait, so she may be able to punish at neutral with a quick air special or far reaching air normal, but I don't play her so I don't know what's likely to work here. I'll have a bit of a play around later tonight, and see what her options are like.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
EDIT:I made an error with Sinestro's neutral punish, it should be b13, not 23

So after the nerfs, a bunch of Deathstroke players were wondering just how safe can we be at certain ranges? Being curious myself, I wanted to find the answer, and I have! :D

The way the chart is set up is how the characters are distanced at the start at the round (hence Neutral), so if Deathstroke dashes back 4 times, he will be full screen.
Im gonna sue your ass for copyright due to not mentioning this was my idea... nah im kidding this is some seriously awesome shit and made my day

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Also with Hawkgirl: most of her specials are airborne and can't be set as reversals, which makes it hard to test what she can punish with. That said, she can become airborne pretty quickly with her trait, so she may be able to punish at neutral with a quick air special or far reaching air normal, but I don't play her so I don't know what's likely to work here. I'll have a bit of a play around later tonight, and see what her options are like.
I tried reversals with myself picking Hawkgirl, no dice.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Question: Isn't Catwoman's punish distance a little further away due to the distance on her MB Cat Dash?

Justice

Noob
Question: Isn't Catwoman's punish distance a little further away due to the distance on her MB Cat Dash?
Catwoman has to play smart here since the first half of Cat Dash isn't armored and Low Guns has enough hits to beat the armor on the second half. Catwoman's best option from this distance is to play patient and block > n. dash her way in.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
This is brilliant. Nice work Daihuu, Deathstroke community it's very lucky to have you

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Catwoman has to play smart here since the first half of Cat Dash isn't armored and Low Guns has enough hits to beat the armor on the second half. Catwoman's best option from this distance is to play patient and block > n. dash her way in.
The first half of MB cat dash from midscreen isn't armored?