What's new

Losing

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
I know and their games you buy are usually cheaper. I know pc is good. I'm a realest and know the consoles and the pc both have their own benefits and cons.. If you act like console or pc is superior in everyway then you end up just looking like a delusional fan boy. In the perfect world I'd own all consoles and a gaming pc.

D4G

Win At All Cost
It is Normal to get angry when losing, especially if you have a Type A, Alpha male, Competitive personality like myself. I've been playing fighting games for over 5 years and I've thrown my controller twice and just recently broke my headset another time after losing extremely close sets. Overall the anger helps me get better because I'll be damned If I lose another game. A big part of the rage for me comes from fighting online douchebags, kids/manchilds that think they're hot shit for winning with mind numbing online tactics followed by a GOML teabag. MKX has been the biggest challenge for me because the game actually promotes dumb stuff like this to happen.

Anyway your not a complete psycopatch but raging like that after every game is going a bit too far, especially when you like to throw things.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
The worst rage induced salt thing I did playing a video game, came from playing Madden 2006. I lost a close game to my brother, we were playing with a friend and he had next. I ejected the disc and whipped it out my bedroom window off the house next to ours. Shattered to pieces. Regret instantly started filling my body, lol. Now the most Ill do squeeze my fist real tight, maybe punch my leg. I won't break my stuff though cause Fuck that, I brought it and I know the regret will be real.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
To become better, you have to learn how to immediately channel a loss into your next win. This requires that you actually think about what happened, so that you can quickly assess exactly why you lost, instead of just getting mad about it.

We all get salty sometimes, but keep your controller in your hand and focus on what not to do the next time.

Also, don't watch Slips.

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
@ZyroHQ try to understand why you lost the match. Breakdown your opponent's moves in your head, after every round. And if the fury still flows get mad to yourself because YOU lost. Make this to be your doing, not his. It may push you to try more... or punch yourself, but at least the pad and other "equipment" won't be damaged.

And this
I find alcohol helps.
this helps

Hello tym community. Id like some advice on a certain issue. I really love mk10 and think its a really epic game. However there is one thing preventing me from making advancements in the game,and that is when i lose whether i lose to the ai or to an actual player i always throw my controller and try to smash it and i stay angry for about 30 minutes. I know this is not normal,i uninstalled and reinstalled later multiple times but playing like that is just wrong and stalls my progress. How is it possible that i make myself accept loss and have fun even when losing? I should respect my superior not dehumanise him. Im currently almost 19 years old and id like some advice. I should probably note that i cant play multiplayer yet since i havent bought the game. Thanks
haha i love this post. such bad attidude, yet so honest and reflected. i think you can overcame this by a thing that will also help you improving: always keep your eyes on your opponent and analyze what he is doing. dont focus on yourself too much, if you need to do that, you should better hit the training room again to develope tactics or get more things into muscle memory. once you behave like that, you will also see what your opponent does good and learn to respect him as a good player. that way you get less salty.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
When I lose and I know that I was not good enough then it's fine. Every loss can make you stronger.

but.......

When I lose because of lags where:

- I know my opponent use some lag advantage (unsafe moves become safe),
- my opponent can hit me even when I'm on advantage,
- my opponent escape from frame traps,
- I'm dropping 50% of combos,
- speed of animation reminds me football game replay.

then.....I'm mad as fuck.

ZyroHQ

Noob
haha i love this post. such bad attidude, yet so honest and reflected. i think you can overcame this by a thing that will also help you improving: always keep your eyes on your opponent and analyze what he is doing. dont focus on yourself too much, if you need to do that, you should better hit the training room again to develope tactics or get more things into muscle memory. once you behave like that, you will also see what your opponent does good and learn to respect him as a good player. that way you get less salty.
Thats what im trying to do right now. Putting the ai on very hard on training room and just seeing what i can do. Does help

ZyroHQ

Noob
The worst rage induced salt thing I did playing a video game, came from playing Madden 2006. I lost a close game to my brother, we were playing with a friend and he had next. I ejected the disc and whipped it out my bedroom window off the house next to ours. Shattered to pieces. Regret instantly started filling my body, lol. Now the most Ill do squeeze my fist real tight, maybe punch my leg. I won't break my stuff though cause Fuck that, I brought it and I know the regret will be real.
Worst thing i did is broke my battlefield 4 disc in half...though that didnt matter since the game doesnt need to be installed via the disc :p

WATCHD0G

Noob
Take every loss as a learning experience and don't beat yourself up.....always remember that at the end of the day it is still just a video game..........

and for the love of god mute anyone with a mic that you don't know

D

Deleted member 9158

Take every loss as a learning experience and don't beat yourself up.....always remember that at the end of the day it is still just a video game..........

and for the love of god mute anyone with a mic that you don't know

This. Although sometimes it's fun to hear the amount of salt you're producing for your opponent. I've been called horrible things by people, win or lose.

Anonymiz

who want it!
i learn more from my losses than my wins. So every time I am on a loosing streak with a certain online foe, i keep in mind he\she must have a weakness there is something I am doing wrong or not capitalizing on. Its just a game winning and talking all that shit online doesn't mean shit in real life. Its just for fun yeah, we all want to be the best at MKX but in reality no one gives 2 shits if u are or are not. Just play to make yourself better.
on to the next opponent

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Everyone handles shit differently, dude.

You have no place to tell him to grow up, especially when he's SEEKING ADVICE on how to stop doing it.

Fucking-A, man. Read, comprehend and then reply. If you fail to do the first two steps, skip the third and start back at step 1.
Hes 19, its a video game, he needs to grow up.

E

Eldriken

Hes 19, its a video game, he needs to grow up.
You just proved my point, dude.

He's here seeking advice on how to stop himself from getting mad over it, yet he still needs to grow up?

I reiterate: Learn to comprehend after reading and then respond.

Solignac

Noob
I had a friend that had a real issue with raging so I'll give you the same advice I gave him. The it helps to play a "game within the game" and by that I mean play with the intention of losing. For example, start a game against the medium or hard AI and your entire goal for the match is to see how many times you can block a string and counter. It doesn't matter if you win, you are only doing this to see how many times you successfully block a full string and do some form of a counter (reversal special, low poke, throw, etc.). Once you do your counter, back off and wait for them to come in and start over. Your measurement of success is not if you win/lose but rather how many times you completed your objective.

By doing this, you can trick your brain into not caring about the loss because they don't matter. You are playing your game and it's a competition against yourself. The feeling of not being in control was a big reason for my friend's rage ("There's nothing I can do!" "I always lose!") and this is one way he was able to calm down and enjoy the game. Hope this helps.
I would like this a second time if I could. I think this is great advice. I was always too aggressive and eager to punish strings I blocked. After exercising with this for a bit, I go into matches and all I hear is "DUD AL U DOO IS FECKING BLOK"

Never had a rage problem, just a "pressing buttons when I wasn't supposed to" problem.