What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So has anyone found any good use for jo push? Is it a dead move? I'm trying to make a custom out of it for fun and to explore but I'm wondering if it's pointless...??
If you're using it for fun then there's no reason to worry about viability. It's a launcher that frees up the DB2 input for summon lightning and frees up the DB4 input for rod, at the cost of conflicting with BF3 superman. It's also plagued by whiffing issues and is the lowest damaging launcher in Raiden's entire arsenal. It's not a good move by any means but again if you're just messing around then just do it lol

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
So has anyone found any good use for jo push? Is it a dead move? I'm trying to make a custom out of it for fun and to explore but I'm wondering if it's pointless...??
Jo Push is pointless from a competitive standpoint. It's his least damaging launcher, it costs two slots, it doesn't really add any safety or any bonus utility other than side switch (Which he can already do in Thunder Wave), and it takes away Electric Fly.

The only way I see picking Jo Push is if you really want Summon Lightning, Rolling Thunder, and a Launcher all in the same build. Ending a combo in Summon Lightning would let you safely put out the cloud. Also you could catch people trying to jump over the cloud with Summon Lightning.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
So I've noticed that Raidens f3 stuffs some characters wake ups in the corner specifically not sure about midscreen. Has this been discussed and tested before??

Also I'm looking for the new Raiden brutality requirements.

Mandolore1123

So I've noticed that Raidens f3 stuffs some characters wake ups in the corner specifically not sure about midscreen. Has this been discussed and tested before??

Also I'm looking for the new Raiden brutality requirements.
You can stuff U2s with any button by performing a meaty attack because they aren’t invincible. You can’t stuff U3s because they are invincible on startup (nothing hits them until the active frames of the attack come into play).

The only new Raiden brutal currently out is the forward throw brutal. You hold D to get it

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What's the good anti-stomp method with Raiden, I got used to using Shang's F4 as a "fuck that" tool and I can't quite get my movement down with the Lord

VS SHEEVA STOMP

You can teleport (wait a bit after she has left the screen), but you need to walk in a direction after teleport to avoid the max-delay stomp (and teleporting further does nothing but spend your meter, since she auto-tracks).

You can also Electric Fly (do it a breath after she has left the screen, and hold its backward-stepping charge for a second) vs the non-delay timing, and punish it while avoiding everything but tiny delay timings. Directional stomp catches the Fly backstep if you delay, but just doing a pause-less Fly can still be used to escape.

Backdashing after she has left the screen + walk back / double dash forwards avoids the non-delay and max-delay timings with most characters, but gets caught by the between-delays... but gives you the biggest punish opportunity.

Storm Cell kind of works. You need to delay it to cover the whole length of Sheeva's delay options, and it often doesn't grab her into the amp for a combo. You very often trade (both take 50 dmg) and sometimes she punches through a gap anyway.

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Thanks ppl, I don't use any of those moves in my variation but I'll just have to get good at reacting and dashing. Got to have quick fingers

But you all overlooked this easy and most viable punish! If his first name is Lord then the Sheeva player best beware

Person got punished twice and still tried air drop for a third time lol that hit confirm determination was real

Yeah, (close) Lightning Strike is the coolest way to handle her. Call Lightning can grab her when you're certain she'll be jumping. Neither is terribly effective in the traditional sense, because you need to hit a specific 7-8f window in order to deal low dmg, but when you're styling, you're styling.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Superman punch can high profile and punish Cassie's low but mid gunshot. Right as Raiden releases it he'll go over it. It's not something you could do on demand(maybe when you are charging it and react) but it's evasive enough to make it more worthwhile to do.

Mandolore1123

Oh dear, I've had the lightning storm AMP bug happen to me twice in a set. Even cost me a game :( Has anyone had it happen to them a lot?

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
Oh yeah. I haven't messed around with Float enough for that to happen. Does it happen anywhere on screen? And does it happen with both the regular float and the DUB version of the float?

Mandolore1123

Oh yeah. I haven't messed around with Float enough for that to happen. Does it happen anywhere on screen? And does it happen with both the regular float and the DUB version of the float?
I haven't tested it thoroughly because that was the first time it happened to me and I don't really do the Back version of float to know. (I actually forgot that move existed .-.)

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
It might not make a difference. When I've tried to do it I haven't noticed much of a discernable difference. Hopefully the error doesn't crop up too much.

Mandolore1123

It might not make a difference. When I've tried to do it I haven't noticed much of a discernable difference. Hopefully the error doesn't crop up too much.
So this is the bug I was talking about. However it doesn't just happen in the corner, not just off that string, and not just on the first lightning AMP lol. I saved the footage. Maybe I'll make a video with the inputs on and we can see the inputs too but idk if I still have the recording saved in the game :(

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
So this is the bug I was talking about. However it doesn't just happen in the corner, not just off that string, and not just on the first lightning AMP lol. I saved the footage. Maybe I'll make a video with the inputs on and we can see the inputs too but idk if I still have the recording saved in the game :(
If you allow his lightning storm to recover on its own as in not pressing anything after amplifying the move it triggers the bug. Nice find by the way.

Last edited: