What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
not gonna lie, I'm getting a little nervous seeing these "40+% restand combo in customs!" videos flying around YT for other characters.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really hope that stays. Raiden's never going to be that crazy combo rushdown yolo character, but if he can have a tool like that? That's what could keep him from slipping too far down the tier lists.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I love float so much. I just tried it out in some matches. I just need to shake the Raijin muscle memory of doing everything into DF2, and learn how to cancel F4 into the float because I can’t do it to save my ass

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The timing seems hard, although I think with enough practice it should get better. Personally I've found it's a lot easier to do off of hitting one button than ending a string with it. I can do B1 into float ok, but B12 into float is hard.

Mandolore1123

The timing seems hard, although I think with enough practice it should get better. Personally I've found it's a lot easier to do off of hitting one button than ending a string with it. I can do B1 into float ok, but B12 into float is hard.
I’m the exact opposite. To use it after strings you just time it later than you would for normal specials, but I can’t do it off single normals :(

Mandolore1123

I think for some MUs Raijin might still be useful because lightning strike DF2 is still so so so slow :(, and unsafe. Then again, can always just use TW :>

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I'm at the rank where I do F32 5 times in a row because my opponent doesn't know how to wakeup or block an overhead, and then accuses me of spamming the same combo.
I was already cursed for 5 minutes after punishing a wakeup FB, killing the opponent, and not having done Mercy when he asked. Funniest rage ever, dude was wild af

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Mustard doing a recap on all the custom moves for MK11:

Raiden starts at about 7:38 into the video. Always nice to get multiple opinions on moves. He does all the other characters too, so a good channel/series to check out to get a preview of what we might be seeing from other characters.
What even the point of doing that a week before the patch that will rebalance half of them?

Mandolore1123

So apparently S3 is unlocked now. We get to jail into is easily from D1, which means free +3/4/5 depending on how they block and the size of the hurt box

Mandolore1123

Updates upon my own preliminary labbing:
  • S3 stiff whiffs on crouch block, but jails reliably off D1
  • Summon Lightning (DB2) knockdown nerfed, now only +47 on hit instead of +51. AMP is only 29 instead of +33
  • Lightning bolt (BF1) AMP hit advantage reduced to +28 if delayed and +30 if not delayed instead of +35
  • Lightning strike (DF2) slightly less unsafe, with far version being -22 instead of -29, AMP is -17
  • Electric fly (BF3) knockdown nerfed to +30 and AMP is +14
  • Lightning storm (DU)
- Concentrated strike (1) nerfed to be -29 on block instead of -25, and is -4 on hit, the most plus I could get it is to be 0 if the bolt lands on their feet
- AMP is negative 3 digits on hit AND on block​
- Stomp (3) is -4, but can still be made -1/0 if you cross up, and the hit advantage is +38 instead of +43​

• F32 knockdown nerfed to +41 instead of +44
  • B14 is +1 but we are too far to use D1/D3 unless in the corner, if they FB the gap it becomes -9 with no pushback.
  • D1 is +13 on hit, -6 on block, increased recovery (Raijin corner optimal combos considerable harder to do now)
  • D3 is +16 on hit, -5 on block, increased recovery
  • D4 +19 on hit
More to come as things progress

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

I think quick charge might have gotten nerfed. Before it was 1f startup with 33 recovery. Now it’s 34f startup and 33f recovery