If anyone is interested, it's on page 60.
d1 s1 only don't jail on Jacqui.Ok my bad everyone. I just hopped on to test and I tested on 2 characters, Jacqui (Smallest hurt box in the game) and Johnny (one of if not the smallest male hurt box). With Johnny it works fine, but S1 does indeed whiff on Jacqui regardless of when you do D1/3. So I guess it only jails on males (so sorry for the misleading information). However, Raiden has 2 11f mids that jail off his pokes so there’s not much need to jail 12 either (At least off pokes)
So sorry for the confusion
Raijin is definitely the go-to for most MUs because it patched the holes on Raiden’s kit the best. Maybe switch to TW for heavy zoning MUs. Idk what T&L doesI dunno guys. Played Raiden Raijin a lot these days. He seems really good now, but also a lot of fun. The mind games are great with his new stuff. I really think his staggers are awesome. It is like every single button gives him +20 on hit. Ok I know more like +17 or +18 but anyway. The stuff you can do with it is crazy good.
I really enjoy him more than Kano currently.
I already tested this one, its was a glitch. Nightwolf tried to break at the same time the Superman hit him so the requirements glithed.
I saw this in another thread. Can someone test and confirm?
But both options are super unsafe. Can’t you just neutral duck and D2 punish when you see Raiden on the other side? It would probably be better to use far teleport because then if you bait punishes you can use F4 to whiff punish.I watched patient impulse vs grr in the raiden shao matchup and PI was cancelling b12 into regular tp and it was amazing how difficult it was to read whether it was gonna end in 1+3 or regular tp. Ended up getting so many throws in due to the animation similarities I’m assuming.
Universal Changes:I'm sorry to ask, but would someone mind summarizing for me (or at least pointing me to) the info on the state of Raijin and TW post-patch? Like what are the important changes and the game plans now? I tried to sift through the stuff, but it's so much and it's all swirling in my head. Thanks much!
Thank you sooo much! This was great! So Raijin's still the go to? I'm thrilled Raiden seems to be in a legitimately competitive spot, but I sure do miss playing a teleporting Raiden that's actually really good.Universal Changes:
Implications for Raijin
- Hit box fix to F1 (hits at match start distance now)
- B12 now -8 from -9
- F32 now mid --> overhead from mid --> mid with increased pushback on block (pushes you back to tip of D1 range)
- B12 1+3 now a true high grab that hits crouch blocking opponents but can be neutral ducked and punished
- B31 2+4 now comes out on block at -16 but push back leaves opponents unable to punish (2+4 does NOT come out if second hit of B31 is flawless blocked)
- Increased push back on block on B2 (meaningless because it's still unsafe and many characters can easily punish)
- BF1 projectile starts up at 27f from 28f, also -7 on block up from -11
- BF1 AMP can be slightly delayed have has better recovery, and more importantly better advantage on block (can be plus in certain distances) and when used after strings and normals can allow Raiden to gain space for whiff punishing (link to thread: https://testyourmight.com/threads/using-raiden’s-bf1-after-strings-and-normals-and-some-s3-stuff.73163/), hit advantage increased to +35 from +31
Implications for TW
- Strike/throw mix after B12 (either DF2 which is safe or 1+3 9% unsafe grab ender) but may be OS'd by flawless block (not tested)
- New flawless block gap between B12 and DF2 (previously only B12, F4 and F2 had NO flawless block gaps when cancelling into DF2)
- Better anti-zoning with BF1 (slightly because startup is still quite bad)
- More options to Mix up off F3 (DB4, BF1, DF2, F32, stagger)
- Summon lightning breaks armour and does increased damage --> each touch Raijin does can lead to unbreakable damage of around 25% for 1 bar (but summon lightning does NOT connect off B2 KB)
- Summon lightning now starts up at 11f from 14f and has better hit box allowing for slightly better damage off certain routes and easier connecting from combos, certain strings (B31, 243) and D2 KB
This should be all but if I've missed something the others should be able to fill you in
- New potential mix ups off various teleports and the 1+3 grab ender. (not fully tested, since all options except far teleport are unsafe)
- Storm cell now cannot be breakaway'd during the move, but does NOT break armour, and strings that launch opponents like B31 and 243 are still susceptible to breakaway when cancelled into storm cell
- More mix ups from F3 (BF1, F32, stagger, teleports)
- B12~storm cell now connects correctly on female characters (needs further testing)
Raijin is the go-to. TW is the counter pick for MUs where the opponent is very projectile heavy but you sacrifice a lot in exchange for the teleport.Thank you sooo much! This was great! So Raijin's still the go to? I'm thrilled Raiden seems to be in a legitimately competitive spot, but I sure do miss playing a teleporting Raiden that's actually really good.
I think T&L is clearly improved by the changes, although I still don't see a reason to play it competitively other than simply going with a style choice. Jo Push is an arguably worse launcher than Storm Cell or Electric Current, and it's definitely not worth giving up Electric Fly. I find Lightening Rod to have extremely limited utility. There just doesn't seem to be any reliable setups at the moment.anyone checked out truth and light since the patch? B12 Lightning Rod is now a 50/50 because of the grab.
Watch every mediocre youtuber make a "RAIDEN IS NOW GODLIKE" video after the patch, even if the changes will MAYBE push him to mid tier
I can't stand his assView attachment 17064
Btw. I've been playing Raiden extensively and can safely say that I was wrong. The buffs really did help, especially F2 frames, F1 hitbox and B31 2+4. V3 still cries in the corner. IMO they should have made comboing of BF3 more consistent but I guess they don't give a crap about this variation