What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Trustful_White: wow. Thank God you're not a mod because clearly you're not objective so you have no issues with the other dude taking pot shots at me? How about you tell him to stop because honestly since you don't already know you will now I don't let anyone belittle me, get that through your head. If he stops, I'll stop. Deal? I noticed you're ok with him taking jabs at me but when I say something back you have a problem? Yeah no. Not how it works. Maybe you should tell your boy to calm down and cut it out with the elitist mentality.

I only bring it up because it's hard to do with a weaker version of Raiden(not Rajin) So yeah it does mean what I think. Because most do it using Rajin, yeah but do you actually have proof? I do. Now what? I only bring it up because your boy Mandolore1123 seems to think he knows everything about me when he doesn't know shit about my experience.
I guess your parents never taught you guys to respect your elders eh? That kind of applies to all scenarios in life, I mean I was not attacking anyone but I'm not the one that's going all "please, stop wah wah" everytime I disagree with someone.

Yes they do, not the rules of the game sure anyone can know that. But if someone is making a claim then they better damn well be able to back it up, if they can't then I already have my answer. This is like saying "well oh this guy should hit a HR, I could have hit that ball" yet that guy never played a day in his life so til he can prove so his view is moot. I never said you have to be "ultra Godlike or even good" but decent enough to know what you're talking about regarding the game itself, he even admitted earlier that he's not good enough to make his own vids or whatever so I am honestly not surprised but if you think I'm going to sit here and take petty potshots due to difference in opinion without biting back you have another thing coming, here's my advice. How about you tell your boy to be more like @Marlow and less like Tom Brady in terms of mentality.

No, you stop then. Because again read above if someone is challenging my knowledge and can't back it up via direct combat or a video they should simply shut up, simply put.

Actually, no I haven't you have though. You just can't accept a difference in view and that's on you not me. Pretty sure the topic is "Raiden general discussion" not "if you don't agree with us cool kids you can't post" don't believe me? IM a mod on here, as long as we're discussion Raiden it's all good. I'm doing just that, but as you can probably tell by now I don't have to agree with everyone or certain users. I mean hell, if we did TYM would be dull.

Not bizarre nor strawman, I just see you posting bad or little posts to actually improve the character being discussed. And instead bashing others views you disagree with(this case mine) let me save you time dude, that don't work with me so if my views bug you that much, I suggest ignoring me.

I'm not misunderstanding anything, you're misunderstanding me because you're seeing the glass half full. Again, tons of characters can D1 cancel into specials....

No but it makes his moves safer and buffs his damage none the less without SC....not to mention actually yeah the EB last hit does launch F4, DB4 AMP launches so you're wrong, a launch is a launch, sorry buddy. Can't have it both ways...

Again, if someone is challenging my knowledge they're more than welcome to prove me wrong via a video I ask to disprove me or play me and show me. If they fail to do either then I've already won the argument and proved my case. But if you'd rather go with "this don't prove anything blah, blah, blah" and pretend to be einsteins with Raiden while ignoring all outside perspectives, be my guest but that don't work with me. Fair warning ;)

lol I have a better analogy for you, more like using a nail that can hold a picture frame instead of a tiny one that keeps falling off.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I only bring it up because it's hard to do with a weaker version of Raiden(not Rajin) So yeah it does mean what I think. Because most do it using Rajin, yeah but do you actually have proof? I do. Now what? I only bring it up because your boy Mandolore1123 seems to think he knows everything about me when he doesn't know shit about my experience.
I guess your parents never taught you guys to respect your elders eh? That kind of applies to all scenarios in life, I mean I was not attacking anyone but I'm not the one that's going all "please, stop wah wah" everytime I disagree with someone.
Respect is earned, not given. You certainly haven’t earned mine. You misinterpret everything I say and try to argue with me when I’ve already clearly pointed out what you’re wrong about. Every single time you try to list out examples I break them down and tell you why you’re wrong. You keep asking me to bring proof in the form of video but I have already provided it in the form of numbers and frame data. Not everything needs to be done in video format. I‘ve already said it before, if you disagree with what I’m saying you can take it to the lab and test it yourself. If the results come back differently you can tell me and I’ll go test and verify. You don’t have to make a video about it. That’s the beauty of text.
Yes they do, not the rules of the game sure anyone can know that. But if someone is making a claim then they better damn well be able to back it up, if they can't then I already have my answer. This is like saying "well oh this guy should hit a HR, I could have hit that ball" yet that guy never played a day in his life so til he can prove so his view is moot. I never said you have to be "ultra Godlike or even good" but decent enough to know what you're talking about regarding the game itself, he even admitted earlier that he's not good enough to make his own vids or whatever so I am honestly not surprised but if you think I'm going to sit here and take petty potshots due to difference in opinion without biting back you have another thing coming, here's my advice. How about you tell your boy to be more like @Marlow and less like Tom Brady in terms of mentality.
I can back up my claims with actual frame data that everyone can access online. You back up your claims based on your own online experience with bad connections which warp Your perception of the game. Whenever someone talks to you about something that you state wrongly, you hide behind the online netcode saying that what should be working doesn’t Work because of lag or wifi. This is hardly a valid argument because you should know that even though the connection may Cause you issues with the game experience, an online environment is hardly the yak stick for game balance because of precisely this reason. Whenever people talk about balance in a fighting game it is always assumed this is an offline competitive tournament environment, since this is the environment where professional players play for big money. Therefore balance only matters in the highest level of play. The online environment only serves to simulate an offline environment as close as possible. A commentator of the game doesn’t need to be very skilled in the game. You can take a look at the gameplay of multiple professional commentators on YT. Not all of them exhibit the same level of gameplay as current professional players. They might not be able to flawless block reversal jumpins or whiff punish jumps by dashing underneath, but they know the option exists and thus are able to effectively commentate when the professionals who do have the execution showcase these moves.
I never said I wasn’t good enough to make videos. I said I‘m not going to waste my time making videos to explain why Kabal cannot infinitely pressure you after his safe strings because he is minus. I’m not going to waste my time making a video explaining why you can duck Jade’s nitro kick on a read after her running stance. I’m not going to waste my time making a video telling you that Jacqui‘s dash punch is -7 on block with no pushback because you can go into training mode and lab it yourself. That‘s why I keep telling you to lab stuff, because you’re clearly aren’t familiar with the properties of certain moves.
Not bizarre nor strawman, I just see you posting bad or little posts to actually improve the character being discussed. And instead bashing others views you disagree with(this case mine) let me save you time dude, that don't work with me so if my views bug you that much, I suggest ignoring me.
No one here hates Raiden. We are simply telling you why your suggestions to buff him do nothing to solve his problems at all. I’ve already made my buff suggestions clear in the past which address Raiden’s primary problems. Yours don’t, and only serve to break his already strong moves but leave other problematic aspects of him untouched which turns him into a character with only one string and one special move that matters.
No but it makes his moves safer and buffs his damage none the less without SC....not to mention actually yeah the EB last hit does launch F4, DB4 AMP launches so you're wrong, a launch is a launch, sorry buddy. Can't have it both ways...
Electric burst is the special move that only Raijin has and has the input DF2. When buffed with quick charge if makes his moves safer. It does NOT launch and the input is NOT DB4. Please refresh yourself with the names of the moves that your main has. The last hit of electric burst is the only hit of electric burst and does NOT launch. DB4 is called electric current.
I'm not misunderstanding anything, you're misunderstanding me because you're seeing the glass half full. Again, tons of characters can D1 cancel into specials....
True to a certain extent, however not many characters can jail specials from pokes. There are significant gaps between the moves that you can poke out of. Raijin cannot jail a poke into DF2, he can only do so with discharge. Therefore Raijin cannot constantly enforce his counterpoke because his counter poke is only active after QC and blocking 3 hits. TW on the other hand can enforce this mix-up constantly and with the threat of a full combo, making his counterpoke very scary for lots of characters. This is one of the many reasons why storm cell is by design unsafe, to reward characters for guessing correctly in the mix-up. Giving Raiden a way to make storm cell safe in any way adds an extra layer to the mixup where Raiden has the favourable outcome 2/3 times instead of 1/2 times.

If you think I hate you or something I really don’t. I’ll admit my attitude was a bit heavy and I apologise for that. I simply dislike it when people misrepresent the character that I like and do not understand how their tools work.

MKF30

I was taught to treat everyone with respect by default when speaking to them(most I get along with fine on here honestly), lest they treat me with disrespect. But my personal motto is simple, I'll be nice to you, you be nice to me and respect is mutual. "earned" it's a gaming forum, lol who gives a shit about "earned respect" we're all here for the same reason, this isn't the MLB or professional sports or something. It's a video game guy.

You haven't pointed out anything other than you think your view is above mine, thus I don't care nor want your respect. I have the respect of those on here who matter anyway. I never even heard of you prior to this thread so it's no skin off my back kid. And I've explained myself a few times now but not going to repeat myself since you choose to ignore it.

I back up my claims from experience actually playing the game, matches and vids you just got by what others tell you riding the trending train. Talking about fancy numbers means dick if you can't back it up gameplay wise. And I only asked a video from you regarding certain elements, but you event admitted to me earlier that you don't feel like making a video a few minutes long so I can't force you.

Not at all, because for one what you say or consider "wrong" is in fact a mere opinion most of the time and everyone knows this game plays bad at times online. The fact that you don't seem to be aware of this tells me a lot honestly. Do you not see the many people griping about the netplay with wifi, pings and statuses with people(besides just me mind you) complaining or pointing out the flaws in KL?

That's because you can't back it up because you know you're wrong about Kabal, he is not minus on everything. You're literally the only person on here to say that whenever I made posts about Kabal in the past. That includes actual Kabal players admitting to me that he's safe on everything and has no gaps. Yet you claim I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about lol. Ok....

Yeah of course you can duck Jade's kick IF you read it correctly, there's this thing called cancelling people do and mix it up so you have to guess correctly. You act as if all these things are so easy that's why I wanted to see YOU do it yourself instead of just talk about it which anyone can do. You're not going to always guess right all the time no matter how good you are online or off.

It wouldn't be just one move that matters, and it's not every everyone it's literally the 2 of you and Trust. That doesn't rep the entire Raiden community last time I checked. And like I said there are 2 other guys on here who disappeared who felt he same way I did. That's no reason to attack someone though for difference in view, if you can't tolerate that is your problem because nothing you say will convince me otherwise. The point is to think of ways to improve him, not keep him stale so I'm doing just that. I've also made other suggestions for months but honestly we don't know unless it actually happens. Theorizing and actually doing/seeing is believing are two entirely different things. There have been things you've posted I may not agree with but it's your opinion so you're entitled to post your own ideas as I am among everyone else here who plays Raiden.

DF4, DF2 whichever launches I don't really care since I used the Variation a few times, it's a rushdown variation which is not my style. Point is he has a launcher in that variation, just like TW. Yet most feel Rajin is better, yes?

And that's why I keep telling you I don't need to hit the lab when I've done so already, and commentating is not the same as analyzing frames, gameplay elements, critiquing etc. Commentating is literally just that commentating, anyone can do that if you have the voice and eye for it.

That's what I'm talking about discharge is his buff is it not? So it launches, does more damage etc.

Ok, but just because I happen to disagree with you doesn't mean I dont know how to use the character because you use the same character. Most players don't even use every Variation with their fav character, especially Raiden. You use his 3rd variation? I don't, I don't know anyone who uses it tbh. I have no issue with you disagreeing with me but please don't tell me "lab this, do that" when I've played this game since day one, everyone at some point has a gripe with this game or something regardless if new or not or tourney player or not etc. Yours just may be different than mine.

Mandolore1123

That's because you can't back it up because you know you're wrong about Kabal, he is not minus on everything. You're literally the only person on here to say that whenever I made posts about Kabal in the past. That includes actual Kabal players admitting to me that he's safe on everything and has no gaps. Yet you claim I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about lol. Ok....
https://www.kombatakademy.com/mortal-kombat-11/kabal/?category=Kombo Attacks#1.2

Here. Tell me which string is Kabal not minus in the place labelled “block advantage”
I’ve given you the link. Go prove me wrong. Tell me Kabal isn’t negative on his strings.

MKF30

Since that's just a link with Kabal tactics, frames etc stuff I already know here's a video with Shujinkydink a known former tourney player from Canada and guy I've had the pleasure of playing a lot in past MK games. He says Kabal is safe on everything except 2 strings literally, and safe on everything else and to check him by D1ing him. hmmm. Also I quote Shunjinky "He's not really punishable if you block the strings, he can be punishable if he whiffs the strings at unsafe distances" Yeah he sounds SUPER negative I have to tell ya lol. Not to mention you're forgetting one big element, the fact that he can also ZONE you. And as a zoner, I know this for a fact. Ask anyone here who's played me I'm literally known for it. The fact that he's not even a core zoner but CAN still zone you on top of being safe af makes him extremely dangerous and hard to play, you have to be patient against Kabal's.

This video, this guy goes over every string and I was right. Not only does he mention with his regular attacks only 2 of like his 10+ normals are unsafe.
His regular strings, only his B1,2 is unsafe but can be made safe by simply finishing the whole string with B1, 2, D2 and it's safe. Total of 10 strings, 9 out of 10 are safe. He is not negative on his strings, I don't consider 1 string relevant because no smart Kabal player will use it.

Two guys one very known who broke down Kabal's strings, and tons of people who use him in the comments have also said he's safe on pretty much everything. But sure he's "negative"

Feel free to try to prove that's wrong now.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Since that's just a link with Kabal tactics, frames etc stuff I already know here's a video with Shujinkydink a known former tourney player from Canada and guy I've had the pleasure of playing a lot in past MK games. He says Kabal is safe on everything except 2 strings literally, and safe on everything else and to check him by D1ing him. hmmm. Also I quote Shunjinky "He's not really punishable if you block the strings, he can be punishable if he whiffs the strings at unsafe distances" Yeah he sounds SUPER negative I have to tell ya lol. Not to mention you're forgetting one big element, the fact that he can also ZONE you. And as a zoner, I know this for a fact. Ask anyone here who's played me I'm literally known for it. The fact that he's not even a core zoner but CAN still zone you on top of being safe af makes him extremely dangerous and hard to play, you have to be patient against Kabal's.

This video, this guy goes over every string and I was right. Not only does he mention with his regular attacks only 2 of like his 10+ normals are unsafe.
His regular strings, only his B1,2 is unsafe but can be made safe by simply finishing the whole string with B1, 2, D2 and it's safe. Total of 10 strings, 9 out of 10 are safe. He is not negative on his strings, I don't consider 1 string relevant because no smart Kabal player will use it.

Feel free to try to prove that's wrong now.
How many times do I have to tell you that safety doesn’t mean you are plus. As long as you can’t punish then he is safe. You can still press buttons when Kabal is negative. Look at the frames. He’s minus on every single string. You don’t have to punish in order to take your turn. Your lack of understanding of basic fighting game terminology pain me and is frankly pathetic

Mandolore1123

The fact that he's not even a core zoner but CAN still zone you on top of being safe af makes him extremely dangerous and hard to play, you have to be patient against Kabal's.
I don’t care about playing against Kabal. I care about your clear inability to understand the concept of safety in fighting games. That even though you cannot punish a move does NOT mean you aren’t guaranteed buttons to take your turn.

MKF30

How many times do I have to tell you that safety doesn’t mean you are plus. As long as you can’t punish then he is safe. You can still press buttons when Kabal is negative. Look at the frames. He’s minus on every single string. You don’t have to punish in order to take your turn. Your lack of understanding of basic fighting game terminology pain me and is frankly pathetic
Plus means you're at an advantage, some moves that are safe are also plus sometimes.... Press buttons? What buttons exactly? Because from the vids I've just watched( I watched others and experimented myself in the lab for about a half hour) the only thing you can do is poke. But by all means if you find something better, please post it and show us. You're the one that lacks intelligence and fighting slang, you have no argument.

https://www.gameskinny.com/64mo1/fighting-game-terms-a-glossary-for-new-players

Safe
An attack that doesn't leave you at a potential disadvantage, such as a quick jab. You can throw safe attacks out all day and your character will recover in plenty of time to block or avoid an incoming counter.

This is literally what I just said lol.

I don’t care about playing against Kabal. I care about your clear inability to understand the concept of safety in fighting games. That even though you cannot punish a move does NOT mean you aren’t guaranteed buttons to take your turn.
Then if you don't care why do you keep talking about it? You're the one with the inability to understand what's safe not me. But by all means live in denial. Has nothing to do with pressing buttons genius, safe means when you do a string or move and you ARE SAFE FROM COUNTER ATTACK! You HAVE TIME TO BLOCK AFTER THE SAFE STRING! Understand or is that too much to comprehend? Or better yet, if you have Xbox or PS4 let's meet in a room online and you can show me yourself I'll be Kabal then we can play a few for fun. Then I'll show you how much I "don't know"

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Plus means you're at an advantage, some moves that are safe are also plus sometimes.... Press buttons? What buttons exactly? Because from the vids I've just watched( I watched others and experimented myself in the lab for about a half hour) the only thing you can do is poke. But by all means if you find something better, please post it and show us. You're the one that lacks intelligence and fighting slang, you have no argument.
He is minus after every string. You can’t punish him but your moves come out faster than his next move.

Let’s use Kabal’s F224 string as an example. He is -2 on block. Let’s say he does his fastest move which is D1. His D1 starts up in 7 frames. By the laws of the game and arithmetic, due to the fact that he is -2 on block from F224, his D1 now starts up in 9 frames if he is frame perfect. You should be doing your own 7f D1, which will start up in 5f due to the Kabal being -2. Since 9>5, therefore if you are on point your D1 will ALWAYS beat out his D1.

Well let’s say he’s mashing and you for some reason can’t do your D1 before he does his. Well you keep blocking because you don’t want to give him his hit advantage off D1. Now he’s minus -4, even more minus than before. Now if you do your D1, it starts up in 3 frames, and his next D1 starts up in 11f. You have an 8 Frame window to contest him. This is how you take your turn. If he blocks your D1, boohoo, welcome to fighting games, try again.

This is how you take your turn. Safe doesn’t mean he can press whatever he wants afterwards. LAB IT
I precisely tell you to use your fastest button to poke. Learn to read. My argument has been posted here too for easy reference.
Then if you don't care why do you keep talking about it? You're the one with the inability to understand what's safe not me. But by all means live in denial. Has nothing to do with pressing buttons genius, safe means when you do a string or move and you ARE SAFE FROM COUNTER ATTACK! You HAVE TIME TO BLOCK AFTER THE SAFE STRING! Understand or is that too much to comprehend? Or better yet, if you have Xbox or PS4 let's meet in a room online and you can show me yourself I'll be Kabal then we can play a few for fun. Then I'll show you how much I "don't know"
Because the argument is not about fighting against Kabal. It’s about you saying that Kabal‘s safety enables him to keep pressing after every string when this is blatantly false. I’m proving to you with reference to concrete frame data that this isn’t the case. You are refusing to accept it and bring in zoning to the discussion when it has never been an issue.

MKF30

I precisely tell you to use your fastest button to poke. Learn to read. My argument has been posted here too for easy reference.

Because the argument is not about fighting against Kabal. It’s about you saying that Kabal‘s safety enables him to keep pressing after every string when this is blatantly false. I’m proving to you with reference to concrete frame data that this isn’t the case. You are refusing to accept it and bring in zoning to the discussion when it has never been an issue.
I think you're the one who needs to learn to read, I know what a poke is. You need to learn what SAFE means I just posted the definition for you, re-read. How is pressing buttons a good way to punish Kabal? You know who pushes buttons? Noobs and scrubs lol. No smart player will just mash buttons to try to a punish an extremely safe character.

lmao good lord dude.I posted the video not to show you how to fight against him to prove that his moves are safe kid. So not blatantly false. ONE string is unsafe and again no smart or good Kabal player will use it. You proved nothing, you're the one refusing to accept it you don't want to admit you're wrong. I just literally proved you wrong. You just gave me a Kabal sheet of which that I already know. At least I'm posting vids backing my claim including a known tourney player who literally just told you from his vid that Kabal is a super safe character.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Down pokes into specials are pain in the ass but on top of that, some are even gapless and safe. And now you want this for Raiden's SC which is also a launcher?

I love TW Raiden, he's actually my sub main and I'd really love some buffs but this is just crazy. It's not like it should be because Rising star is the same. Rising star shouldn't be because Raiden's is not either. Raiden needs it a lot more though but that's completely wrong way of buffing him. It would actually make him broken. There's too much guessing in this game already, I want less of that, not more that's safe as well. I shouldn't eat 30-50% for guessing wrong and that's exactly what this game is. A guessing simulator.

Mandolore1123

You learn to read, I know what a poke is. You need to learn what SAFE means I just posted the definition for you, re-read.

OMG...I posted the video not to show you how to fight against him to prove that his moves are safe kid. So not blatantly false. ONE string is unsafe and again no smart or good Kabal player will use it. You proved nothing, you're the one refusing to accept it you don't want to admit you're wrong. I just literally proved you wrong.
So you agree that you can poke after Kabal’s strings. Very good. I’ll now proceed to explain to you why this is important. After you have established that you are going to press buttons after a character Does something safe, the opponent should know this and start to expect it. Then he will be blocking immediately after his string (ie he stops pressuring you). Then you will be able to do a mid/throw/jump over him. He can counter this by poking you but this will be the next level of mind games. This is why even though Kabal’s strings are safe he cannot keep on pressing against you. You aren’t without options. So stop saying that He can keep pressing because he is safe. He cannot.

MKF30

Down pokes into specials are pain in the ass but on top of that, some are even gapless and safe. And now you want this for Raiden's SC which is also a launcher?

I love TW Raiden, he's actually my sub main and I'd really love some buffs but this is just crazy. It's not like it should be because Rising star is the same. Rising star shouldn't be because Raiden's is not either. Raiden needs it a lot more though but that's completely wrong way of buffing him. It would actually make him broken. There's too much guessing in this game already, I want less of that, not more that's safe as well. I shouldn't eat 30-50% for guessing wrong and that's exactly what this game is. A guessing simulator.
True but just a suggestion, I doubt they're going to listen to anyone in here honestly anyway however there are a few characters now who do that much damage if you guess wrong. Maybe they'll tone down the damage in the future for those characters.

Mandolore1123

Hot damn, look at this! Someone agrees with me :D

MKF30

So you agree that you can poke after Kabal’s strings. Very good. I’ll now proceed to explain to you why this is important. After you have established that you are going to press buttons after a character Does something safe, the opponent should know this and start to expect it. Then he will be blocking immediately after his string (ie he stops pressuring you). Then you will be able to do a mid/throw/jump over him. He can counter this by poking you but this will be the next level of mind games. This is why even though Kabal’s strings are safe he cannot keep on pressing against you. You aren’t without options. So stop saying that He can keep pressing because he is safe. He cannot.
I already said this a few posts ago, but you said "pressing buttons" that's not the same as poking. I'm already aware you just repeated what I said. I never said you're without options I said he's safe on nearly everything is still true as in his normals and strings. I never once said "you are without options" vs Kabal. That's why I pointed out that even Shujinky pointed out that pokes are your best bet OR if he whiffs punish him.

Mandolore1123

I already said this a few posts ago, but you said "pressing buttons" that's not the same as poking. I'm already aware you just repeated what I said. I never said you're without options I said he's safe on nearly everything is still true. I never once said "you are without options" vs Kabal.
I was unaware you didn’t need to press buttons in order to poke.

Mandolore1123

Ok...usually when people say "pressing buttons" from my experience with people telling me anyway they mean mashing random buttons.

Mind if I ask are you bilingual?
Even if you’re mashing Then you can mash D1 and beat out his fastest button.
Yes I speak 2 languages and one dialect

MKF30

Even if you’re mashing Then you can mash D1 and beat out his fastest button.
Yes I speak 2 languages and one dialect
I've noticed that works well vs LKs in between his f43 and u2. Kabal little bit tougher but works as well.

I had a feeling.

Zviko

Noob
True but just a suggestion, I doubt they're going to listen to anyone in here honestly anyway however there are a few characters now who do that much damage if you guess wrong. Maybe they'll tone down the damage in the future for those characters.
Damage wise, I only have a problem with throw KBs. I wish they just removed them. I'd rather if they toned down the guessing game. Make it more fuzzyable, more unsafe and yeah, maybe less damaging too. Maybe that would make people throw less, rely on mix ups less and play footsies more.

I think this is what Raiden has to do. TW that is. Unless you go yolo with down pokes into Storm Cell all the time, you kinda have to play more neutral than anyone else on the roster. So I'd actually not buff Raiden as much, maybe a little bit but nerf all the others by a lot.

MKF30

Do D3 for LK. You don’t have to worry about parry.
Yeah d1 and d3 works well for me.

Damage wise, I only have a problem with throw KBs. I wish they just removed them. I'd rather if they toned down the guessing game. Make it more fuzzyable, more unsafe and yeah, maybe less damaging too. Maybe that would make people throw less, rely on mix ups less and play footsies more.

I think this is what Raiden has to do. TW that is. Unless you go yolo with down pokes into Storm Cell all the time, you kinda have to play more neutral than anyone else on the roster. So I'd actually not buff Raiden as much, maybe a little bit but nerf all the others by a lot.
Yeah or they can buff his superman and teleport make them faster or strings better etc they could do a few things but I do agree KBs and FBs are stupid in this game

I think I see the confusion:

You guys are arguing past each other about semantics. MKF30, you're saying that Kabal is safe after his strings, which is true. Mando is saying that he is minus, or negative, after his strings, which is also true.
The original point was that you can poke back after Kabal's strings. "Press buttons" has always been a literal phrase that can also refer to using basic normals. In the context of "he's pressing buttons!" as one might hear during commentary it could be interpreted as mashing, but otherwise I think the example was pretty clearly about pokes.

You both need to cool it, though, for real.

Talking about fancy numbers means dick if you can't back it up gameplay wise.
This isn't true at all. Those numbers are factual data that tells us exactly when we're allowed to press a button. It's a pretty big deal and the data speaks for itself.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Ok...usually when people say "pressing buttons" from my experience with people telling me anyway they mean mashing random buttons.

Mind if I ask are you bilingual?
oh boy. Bro in the FGC this is what pressing buttons means: johnny ryu player gets KD by billy rush down man. Johnny assumes Mr Rushdown will press buttons so he wake up shoryukens and eats his lunch. Pressing buttons just means u hit a button so ur character is unable to defend (usually during a frame/tech trap).