What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

samiorfali

Raiden Player since the 90s
He’s stating how the character is designed and how he is meant to play according to the tools NRS has given him. Stop this lynch mob mentality. He hasn’t said anything wrong. Frame data alone doesn’t determine how good a character is. You need to look at all the tools he has in conjunction with the game mechanics in context.
ofcourse u r a liu knag player and dont want a better raiden frame data. yeah yeah ur right

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
The frost Dive bomb is really kind of mind blowing. They should know better by now and they put this fecal stain of a move in here anyway.

Say what you want about injustice 2 but we never had to have these kinds of conversations. Sg teleport was dumb and so was pre patch dead shot, but a -7 low diviekick??? What?!

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
what if i play Thunderwave?
Besides i have to be charged first and not let her outzone me as Raijin.
She’s -7. You take your turn. Stagger F3, F32, B1,B12 fly cancel, B12 teleport, throw. If she’s blocking low then even throw in a B2. If she makes the right read then good on her. You wait another opportunity to start your offense.

JeffX

Punish with discharge.
Hey guys, if you were ever wondering when is it an appropriate opportunity to tell someone to shut the F up, this would be it.

This man is now defending frost’s dive bomb safety. It’s better than Kung lao’s and should be universally punished with a s1.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
You are right just first time played against this variation and this move is just dumb af it disables footsies she can jump for free its even much better than Lao divekick. You teleport or press a button or whatever? Divekick. Low Blocked? Ok im safe your turn try your luck.

And MK11 is a footsie game with strong neutral? Not with moves like this.

Mandolore1123

Hey guys, if you were ever wondering when is it an appropriate opportunity to tell someone to shut the F up, this would be it.

This man is now defending frost’s dive bomb safety. It’s better than Kung lao’s and should be universally punished with a s1.
Or maybe you can play the match up and not complain about moves and variations put into the game just a few days ago like a pathetic scrub. Go into the lab and look at your options. Give the match up time to breath. We have a MU thread in this character forum. Use it.

JeffX

Or maybe you can play the match up and not complain about moves and variations put into the game just a few days ago like a pathetic scrub. Go into the lab and look at your options. Give the match up time to breath. We have a MU thread in this character forum. Use it.
In my experience, when know it alls like you start calling people scrubs, it becomes painfully obvious you’re a better keyboard warrior than you are a player. I main kabal and feel 100% confident that I would beat your Raiden clean, because there’s no tech you have up your sleeve that remotely concerns me. This isn’t trash talking. I don’t lose to Raiden because he’s all gimmicks right now and he needs more help than you’re suggesting.

There’s a reason dive kicks are universally punishable across most fighting games.

If scorpions teleport were safe on block or KL’s dive kick was safe on block I wouldn’t need a few weeks for the variation to breathe. Some things are obvious.

Mandolore1123

In my experience, when know it alls like you start calling people scrubs, it becomes painfully obvious you’re a better keyboard warrior than you are a player. I main kabal and feel 100% confident that I would beat your Raiden clean, because there’s no tech you have up your sleeve that remotely concerns me. This isn’t trash talking. I don’t lose to Raiden because he’s all gimmicks right now and he needs more help than you’re suggesting.

There’s a reason dive kicks are universally punishable across most fighting games.

If scorpions teleport were safe on block or KL’s dive kick was safe on block I wouldn’t need a few weeks for the variation to breathe. Some things are obvious.
If you’re so good then why are you complaining so much? It’s a divekick where the first part is overhead and unsafe and the second part is a low and semi safe. You learn the MU and counter both options accordingly. Either you stay in the range where she can’t do the dive kick without worrying about being punished hard, or you enforce your offense after you block the low and she’s -7.

You’re right though. You being such a good player means you obviously knew how to do these obvious things that every character can do. Yet you choose to complain with that guy instead of giving constructive advice and how they can potentially counter a move they thought was OP.

JeffX

If you’re so good then why are you complaining so much? It’s a divekick where the first part is overhead and unsafe and the second part is a low and semi safe. You learn the MU and counter both options accordingly. Either you stay in the range where she can’t do the dive kick without worrying about being punished hard, or you enforce your offense after you block the low and she’s -7.

You’re right though. You being such a good player means you obviously knew how to do these obvious things that every character can do. Yet you choose to complain with that guy instead of giving constructive advice and how they can potentially counter a move they thought was OP.
It is OP. Bye.

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
I'm not sure why we need to take a "if you're not with us you're against us" tone all of a sudden. It's not about choosing sides, it's about having a reasonable discussion about the character.

He needs buffs. But in the meantime I don't see the downside in trying to make the best things and to try and use the tools he does have.

Mandolore1123

I'm not sure why we need to take a "if you're not with us you're against us" tone all of a sudden. It's not about choosing sides, it's about having a reasonable discussion about the character.

He needs buffs. But in the meantime I don't see the downside in trying to make the best things and to try and use the tools he does have.
People act like the character is unplayable and has no options when that is clearly not the case. They refuse to play or learn the match up and instead come on TYM to cry and whine, they suggest outlandish buffs that don't solve his problems whatsoever, then lynch anyone that doesn't agree with them. It's sad considering I want nothing but Raiden and the community to be better, just not in a braindead or stupid way.

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
Most underrated game from them. My favorite by far.
The thing that makes me sad about that game is how quickly people seemed to give up on it. Feels like it had a lot of characters with untapped potential, but people spent so much time worrying about teirs and buffs/nerfs and zoning that a lot of that potential went unfulfilled.

That's why as much as I want to see Raiden get some much needed buffs, I think it's still important to try and look into and maximize the tools he does have, and take the time to figure out matchups and counter play options.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Premium Supporter
For the dude who said it posts back. Match ups are practically irrelevant at this point since mostly everyone agrees that raidens lowtier... meaning he matches up not so well vs majority of the roster as to why he needs buffs. Thinks of that sign any of raiden saying "I want you to fight for earthrealm" change it to "I want you to buff me" lok