What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

kaseyk

Noob
Any tips on forward 4,4 fbrc into 113?
really it is just practice till all fbrc are natural . it feels like doing fbrc + follow up is 1 long special input if that makes sense .

best way to get really good at them is set ai to block and get f213-fbrc-f213-fbrc-f213-fkmb without running out of stamina , once you can do that everytime the rest seem easy it really comes down to getting the fbrc to use minimal stamina always .

don't be discouraged when it doesn't work online always , like people poking out of f213-fbrc-f12 when they should be jailed its just the online boning you more often then not .

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
This is a niche matchup but Flame Fist vs Blood god seems like an atrocious matchup for FF. FF zoning is pretty useless (from 2/3 screen or further, Kotal can easily parry fireballs on reaction, and also heal with sun ray). In footsie range it's probably a tie in terms of opportunities (LK's got better walk speed but Kotal has better buttons). But Kotal does WAY more damage. FF is forced to go in and his only mixups are his overhead (not a hard knockdown, does less damage than a throw) or mediocre stagger strings. Due to his limited offense, he can't take advantage of blood god's one big weakness - lack of armor. With blood god's damage reduction and healing FF has to guess right like 10 times on mixups with pretty bad risk/reward for FF. This seems like a 3-7 for FF.

(I know Dragon fire does fine/great against Blood God, talking specifically about Flame Fist here)

Last edited:

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
This is a niche matchup but Flame Fist vs Blood god seems like an atrocious matchup for FF. FF zoning is pretty useless (from 2/3 screen or further, Kotal can easily parry fireballs on reaction, and also heal with sun ray). In footsie range it's probably a tie (LK's got better walk speed but Kotal has better buttons). FF is forced to go in and his only mixups are his overhead (not a hard knockdown, does less damage than a throw) or mediocre stagger strings. Due to his limited offense, he can't take advantage of blood god's one big weakness - lack of armor. With blood god's damage reduction and healing FF has to guess right like 10 times on mixups with pretty bad risk/reward for FF. This seems like a 3-7 for FF.

(I know Dragon fire does fine/great against Blood God, talking specifically about Flame Fist here)

well....he has the Dragon Parry

Ok so how do you guys feel about this...???

Dragons fire-
Making mb bicycle kick overhead (after first mb bicycle kick) plus 2 on block

I say this because there is already a gap in between the first/second mb and it requires 2 bars of meter in which something liu relies on heavily in the majority of his meta...

Just a harmless suggestion.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Ok so how do you guys feel about this...???

Dragons fire-
Making mb bicycle kick overhead (after first mb bicycle kick) plus 2 on block

I say this because there is already a gap in between the first/second mb and it requires 2 bars of meter in which something liu relies on heavily in the majority of his meta...

Just a harmless suggestion.
imo they should nerf everyones Adv bs to no more then +6 or so ..
then give Liu a real d3 / d4 / d1 startup and make d3 negative ofc

then give him hitbox adjustments / make him not jump like an astronaut?
-bring back b34 / f21 Neutral on block and game set point

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
imo they should nerf everyones Adv bs to no more then +6 or so ..
then give Liu a real d3 / d4 / d1 startup and make d3 negative ofc

then give him hitbox adjustments / make him not jump like an astronaut?
-bring back b34 / f21 Neutral on block and game set point
I don't want every character to b the same with the same style.

Why change Liu from beta status?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I don't want every character to b the same with the same style.

Why change Liu from beta status?
iono i see what you're saying but i dont think it'll be same style.. like remember with mk9 most ppl were neutral on block strings they didn't feel similar though. i just fee like all this guaranteed pressure is crazy lol.

just my opinion though i respect it if you don't agree

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Flame Fist got nerfed people...

His normal meter building on wps

His nerfed meter buidling on wps

WHY?
Chip damage universally got nerfed. A move on block used to do 1/4th of what it does on hit, now does 1/5th. So for example, all D1s do 2% on hit and 0.5% on block in current MKX, but now does 2% on hit and 0.4% on block.

Some moves may not be correctly following this change and bugging out though I guess, and will probably be adjusted later.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Chip damage universally got nerfed. A move on block used to do 1/4th of what it does on hit, now does 1/5th. So for example, all D1s do 2% on hit and 0.5% on block in current MKX, but now does 2% on hit and 0.4% on block.
I didn't know, that explains why he builds meter when Shaolin Flame is active. Good to know I guess..