What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Well credit where credit is due if b12 is technically ++ but in game if you do b12 RBC, 9.9/10 you get poked and punished. Just from my experience and I'm sure those like Atk can attest to that as well

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
the cancel into another rep should still be allowed on ex. its no different than any other character burning 1 bar to extend there 30% combo to 36-38%

AssassiN

Noob
Fix the hitbox issues and input bug with B12. So annoying to get flying kick after B1 when my inputs say something else.

Alakai

Noob
You can also press b first, so the full input is b12 bfbf4. I hate this more than just waiting but it is an option

STK

wasn't this one of the old commands left over from the golden age of mk or something close to it? Lets get a note to NRS to make the command bd like JC's nut punch lol. that command is dumb.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I sooo want to play flame fist. But it just feels incomplete still. They were on the right track with the 2 in 1 cancels. But I don't think they've completely fleshed out what this character is meant to play like. He seems like a character who should specialize in chip dmg, safe non-mixup pressure strings, and zoning. I just don't think he's at the level yet. I've never played him before so I don't really know. What would you guys suggest to buff him or is he fine how he is?

My suggestion would be to make windmill punch semi-safe on block only when he has his fire aura active. Haha, this might be way too overpowered, but I just want a way to make windmill punch more useful.

RM_Gamer

Noob
I sooo want to play flame fist. But it just feels incomplete still. They were on the right track with the 2 in 1 cancels. But I don't think they've completely fleshed out what this character is meant to play like. He seems like a character who should specialize in chip dmg, safe non-mixup pressure strings, and zoning. I just don't think he's at the level yet. I've never played him before so I don't really know. What would you guys suggest to buff him or is he fine how he is?

My suggestion would be to make windmill punch semi-safe on block only when he has his fire aura active. Haha, this might be way too overpowered, but I just want a way to make windmill punch more useful.
He's fine the way he is. They just need to fix the hitbox on 111 and windmill punch. U can make ex windmill punch safe by canceling into db2. He still does good chip. Ex windmill punch~dd1~ex wp~bd2 does about 16% chip and waste 1 bar of meter. But canceling dd1 into wp is inconsistent, window to special cancel dd1 should be bigger or at least let me buffer it

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Ex windmill punch~dd1~ex wp~bd2 does about 16% chip and waste 1 bar of meter. But canceling dd1 into wp is inconsistent, window to special cancel dd1 should be bigger or at least let me buffer it
Isn't that 2 bars of meter?

edit: HOLY freaking crap. Regular dd1 cancel has to be like a 1 frame window or something. I get it 1/10 times. Definitely needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

STK

He's fine the way he is. They just need to fix the hitbox on 111 and windmill punch. U can make ex windmill punch safe by canceling into db2. He still does good chip. Ex windmill punch~dd1~ex wp~bd2 does about 16% chip and waste 1 bar of meter. But canceling dd1 into wp is inconsistent, window to special cancel dd1 should be bigger or at least let me buffer it
i guess i have to mess with that more. i never get dd1 2n1/ i was starting to think it was a lie :(

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Fix the hitbox issues and input bug with B12. So annoying to get flying kick after B1 when my inputs say something else.
Might be the truest thing I ever read. I can't stand trying to put bicycle kicks after b12

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
OK we give you the option to do something everytime we fbrc, you can armor though my next move or backdash, but if I make the right reads you will get punish everytime, if you backdash I can hit you with db2 or run after the cancel and get 30%+ or if you try to armor through I can just b12 for the same amount. So would rather have the option to do something even though its possible for you to get punish or take the 10% chip
this is totally off-topic but why the hell don't you have a madmax chrome painted avatar?

Waste of an oportunity