What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
why not ?
No character should just be able to jail for free. Stamina is a very cheap resource in this game when used for offense.

And f44 jailing is a greater evil than f213. It's just kind of stupid imo that his gdlk low starter hit confirms into a good meterless combo and on block confirms into a true block string follow up from the same input.

No character should just be able to jail for free. Stamina is a very cheap resource in this game when used for offense.

And f44 jailing is a greater evil than f213. It's just kind of stupid imo that his gdlk low starter hit confirms into a good meterless combo and on block confirms into a true block string follow up from the same input.
say this in the dvorah thread too then lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
he has no staggers... if you are letting him stagger you, then it's you that needs to lvl up. he's negative after every string except for the useless 111.

calm down 10% chip / or throw is better then a 5050 you cant react too
f21 works on occasion, as does f2 on it's own to buy a bit more time for stamina.

If Scorpion's gets nerfed then this should too. Yeah it's better but it's still dumb that in the corner you literally have no option but to block, and then wait to get throw into a repeat of the situation. Stupid.

Have you ever thought that the meter gain Thunder God gets off of his strings? Liu Kang gets this too except he's so plus he can jail you into another string, and another, then into a throw or b2. Then he's got his mb bicycle kick to get in when ever he wants to keep doing it to you. The opponent needs to have options other than 'just block'.

It's a stupid mentality to have 'lol it's not as bad as this other stuff'. That stuff is stupid, but so is this.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
f21 works on occasion, as does f2 on it's own to buy a bit more time for stamina.

If Scorpion's gets nerfed then this should too. Yeah it's better but it's still dumb that in the corner you literally have no option but to block, and then wait to get throw into a repeat of the situation. Stupid.

Have you ever thought that the meter gain Thunder God gets off of his strings? Liu Kang gets this too except he's so plus he can jail you into another string, and another, then into a throw or b2. Then he's got his mb bicycle kick to get in when ever he wants to keep doing it to you. The opponent needs to have options other than 'just block'.

It's a stupid mentality to have 'lol it's not as bad as this other stuff'. That stuff is stupid, but so is this.
It's part of the game so get over it

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
ok now if it is so broken how comes i havent seen any liu kang winning a tournament? And how comes he is not top tier? Scorpion had too many tools. A great vortex + great pressure that led into vortex setups. What does liu kang have other than his block string. This is not downplaying it is basically fact. Take liu kangs FBRC and he gets useless and totally no fun. Just because people cant deal with it they start crying. People who say "its boring to block" simply lack patience. It is what it is. I have played many liu players and i beat em even though they used is block string. Its a matter of patience.

what happened to players these days once you have troubel with a char you cry for a nerf.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
ok now if it is so broken how comes i havent seen any liu kang winning a tournament? And how comes he is not top tier? Scorpion had too many tools. A great vortex + great pressure that led into vortex setups. What does liu kang have other than his block string. This is not downplaying it is basically fact. Take liu kangs FBRC and he gets useless and totally no fun. Just because people cant deal with it they start crying. People who say "its boring to block" simply lack patience. It is what it is. I have played many liu players and i beat em even though they used is block string. Its a matter of patience.

what happened to players these days once you have troubel with a char you cry for a nerf.
Amen! Not to mention it actually takes practice and good technique to pull off one fbc let alone more than one fbc on block. They nerf this and you are literally taking away LK's pressure tech and thus render him almost useless.

Liu doesn't have tools like an OH starter, advancing normal, gdlk pokes, or a great AA game. I just listed tools that all top 5 tier characters own and then some. He has f44 (amazing low starter agreed), 113 (easily poked), and b2 (Doesn't allow you to continue combo so basically just an OH to keep players honest).

I just can't see them removing fbc's, especially when LK's is so integral to DF. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course I just don't see a reason to nerf. LK is a consensus mid tier character right now that takes a good player to make him compete. Which is why I main him in the first place.

RyuKazuya

Amen! Not to mention it actually takes practice and good technique to pull off one fbc let alone more than one fbc on block. They nerf this and you are literally taking away LK's pressure tech and thus render him almost useless.

Liu doesn't have tools like an OH starter, advancing normal, gdlk pokes, or a great AA game. I just listed tools that all top 5 tier characters own and then some. He has f44 (amazing low starter agreed), 113 (easily poked), and b2 (Doesn't allow you to continue combo so basically just an OH to keep players honest).

I just can't see them removing fbc's, especially when LK's is so integral to DF. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course I just don't see a reason to nerf. LK is a consensus mid tier character right now that takes a good player to make him compete. Which is why I main him in the first place.
Exactly bro!
i mean people complain about that even though they dont play him and therefore dont understand why FBRC is so essential to liu kang. Thanks to crybabies they nerfed FF kang which is ok so far but at least they should learn to adapt. as you mentioned it takes skill and is therefore something you cannot mash out brainlessly. So its redicolous that people are arguing about a MID FN TIER char.
So sad.
I remember people playing umk3 which had some redicolous stuff in it and still mastered it.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Plays A-List johnny cage.

Says Run cancels are cheap.

lmao.
As usual, you completely miss the point. I also think that his cancels that completely jail you need to be nerfed. I also play Liu Kang and am saying his plus frames should be nerfed imo, what is your point?
OK you get rid of it, what will Liu Kang have other than his zoning?
Is it so hard to comprehend a tool getting nerfed but still remaining good? I've already said that they should keep the plus frames but lessen them so that the opponent actually has an option.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Classic MKX mindset that a plus frame isn't good unless your opponent doesn't have any other option but to block.

RyuKazuya

As usual, you completely miss the point. I also think that his cancels that completely jail you need to be nerfed.

Is it so hard to comprehend a tool getting nerfed but still remaining good? I've already said that they should keep the plus frames but lessen them so that the opponent actually has an option.
bro once you have the option to armour out it gets too dangerous for kang and way too easy for the opponent to get out.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
bro once you have the option to armour out it gets too dangerous for kang and way too easy for the opponent to get out.
This is the exact MKX mindset that I'm talking about, it is absolutely bollocks. Considering that b12 fb rc is still plus, breaks armour, and confirms into a combo, and the fact that it and f44 catch a lot of backdashes AND the fact that you can punish the vast majority of launching armour moves in this game, what you have just said is a ridiculous way to think.