What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
After F33333333, why do most people go for 212 then f43/cancel?
I am used to go for f2, 12, f43/cancel and I think it does more damage.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
• Liu Kang - Double Dragon Kick (Towards + Front Kick) has reduced pushback on the second hit

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Breath (Towards + Front Kick, Front Kick, Front Kick) has 10 less frames of blockstun on the first hit with reduced pushback

• Liu Kang - Low Fireball recovers 3 frames slower and has more frames of hitstun

• Liu Kang - The projectile created from a successful Energy Parry while Dragon Fire is active will now cause a true stun

• Liu Kang - All Dragon's Gift attacks each do 20 more damage

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Gift High Attack now causes increased pushback

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Gift Overhead Attack had its hit region adjusted

So a little nerf in making F333 less staggerable and more easily punished as well as a hit to low fireball as a zoning tool. And then some buffs to Wu Shi Legend.

So I had no idea that his Energy Parry shot a fireball when you had the buff up, but now you can get combos from the fireball! If the fireball hits, you can do a full screen teleport or dash up flying kick for considerable damage. And if you were a god and reflected a close range projectile then you could get a full combo.

His teleports do more damage and the high one has significant pushback and leaves him at -8, which is seemingly safe, assuming they block it of course.

As for the overhead teleport, I think they might have actually nerfed it as you can just jump straight up to avoid it. Doesn't seem very good as before but the variation as a whole is looking a lot better.

Frenzy

Noob
• Liu Kang - Double Dragon Kick (Towards + Front Kick) has reduced pushback on the second hit

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Breath (Towards + Front Kick, Front Kick, Front Kick) has 10 less frames of blockstun on the first hit with reduced pushback

• Liu Kang - Low Fireball recovers 3 frames slower and has more frames of hitstun

• Liu Kang - The projectile created from a successful Energy Parry while Dragon Fire is active will now cause a true stun

• Liu Kang - All Dragon's Gift attacks each do 20 more damage

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Gift High Attack now causes increased pushback

• Liu Kang - Dragon's Gift Overhead Attack had its hit region adjusted

So a little nerf in making F333 less staggerable and more easily punished as well as a hit to low fireball as a zoning tool. And then some buffs to Wu Shi Legend.

So I had no idea that his Energy Parry shot a fireball when you had the buff up, but now you can get combos from the fireball! If the fireball hits, you can do a full screen teleport or dash up flying kick for considerable damage. And if you were a god and reflected a close range projectile then you could get a full combo.

His teleports do more damage and the high one has significant pushback and leaves him at -8, which is seemingly safe, assuming they block it of course.

As for the overhead teleport, I think they might have actually nerfed it as you can just jump straight up to avoid it. Doesn't seem very good as before but the variation as a whole is looking a lot better.
He still whiffs on his s1, s2, and f43 on select characters. That’s the worst thing about the patch.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So, I can't test rn, but can f333 stance3 now be interrupted? Low fireball need sucks, but I'm happy this is all they touched.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Lol whyyyy did they need to touch F3? F2 is already usless and it’s not like the F333SS3 was OP by any stretch

Was one of our ONLY methods of variety for pressure instead of boring ass F4 loops.

I wanted them to tweak SS but instead they reduce its utility even more. Like are we supposed to just use it raw?? I dunno man I expected changes but wtf even went through their minds on this one?

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Actually in labbing it, it’s not that bad. More susceptible to a d1 poke than a s1 full combo from f333dd1

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Actually in labbing it, it’s not that bad. More susceptible to a d1 poke than a s1 full combo from f333dd3
I compare it to sonya’s enhanced Onion rings point blank after a b12. You can s1 punish but you gotta be on point to do it. Played a few games. Not bad. Still would like NRS to tweak the fucking stances in general though! Let us cancel like kabal and make each attack -8 on block,

FYI bc of the stagger nerf to F3, F333DD11 is now -24 from cancel. Case and point. No reason the stance shouldn’t offer More variety. I feel like they will address abilities more when they release a third variation for each character or open up customs. So much potential with a few tweaks.

For example - Nunchuck stance cancels for free would be siiiick

Frenzy

Noob
I compare it to sonya’s enhanced Onion rings point blank after a b12. You can s1 punish but you gotta be on point to do it. Played a few games. Not bad. Still would like NRS to tweak the fucking stances in general though! Let us cancel like kabal and make each attack -8 on block,

FYI bc of the stagger nerf to F3, F333DD11 is now -24 from cancel. Case and point. No reason the stance shouldn’t offer More variety. I feel like they will address abilities more when they release a third variation for each character or open up customs. So much potential with a few tweaks.

For example - Nunchuck stance cancels for free would be siiiick
F3333 itself can be interrupted now as well before the last hit.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
Was one of our ONLY methods of variety for pressure instead of boring ass F4 loops.
EXACTLY. This is what I immediately thought when I saw this nerf. It's not like f3333 is essential to his game plan, it's just something that we used to give ourselves more of a variety of moves. It's like NRS wanted to make him more of a one button character. Like, his biggest problems didn't even have anything to do with f333dd13. It just seems like a nerf only for the purpose of making him more one-dimensional.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hey... Anyone know where and how to unlock the flying kick brutality?
Also how to consistently do the alternate win pose on a brutality?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Hey... Anyone know where and how to unlock the flying kick brutality?
Also how to consistently do the alternate win pose on a brutality?
The "after brutality" poses I think are random. The flying kick one is unlocked either randomly, or by completing Liu Kang's special towers. You have to do (not necessarily connect) 10 flying kicks or more in order to activate this brutality.

RAYBAANN

Noob
what's his best AA? flying kick, jab or?
1 = the best for quick reactions, and the best in general.

D1 or D3 = wild against crossups.

2 = it lets the opponent more "comfortable" for combos, but slower than 1.

34 = slower than 1 and 2, but it makes THE damage, deadly anti air combo after it.

4 + Fireball or EX Fireball = slower than previous, use it when the jump of your opponent is VERY predictable, it lets him so far away to start the zoning game.

Excuse my english...

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Liu kang should get the nunchaku stance with just the low one. It does 5% chip
Both Liu stances need some touch up. Shaolin Stance cancels shouldn’t be so negative and the nunchaku stance should be faster on startup so you can pressure with it. Otherwise nunchaku Stance blows.

What do you guys do in the corner when landing the f3333?

I know that 34,12,123 ender does more damage but I feel 12,12,123 ended is more consistent.

Or is there any other corner combos you guys do after the f3333.