What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Man... After playing around with the entire cast this character is great, and I'm fully on the Kang train... Please tell me there is no doom and gloom in this board like a lot of other characters boards.

RAYBAANN

Noob
So guys, finally I learn this f***ing move, the execution is hard as hell, but with practice, everything is possible. You have to jump forward, then (EXTREMELY FAST) BF+1...but here is the difficult: the timing on the fireball must be perfect, execute it just after the jump animation starts!!! A video of mine with some examples and combos:

Parasurama

Dragon
Liu Kang fireballs and damage nerfed but Sonya projectiles are still 12 frame start up and still good damage even though she has mix. Kang did not have mix.... and F2 is useless now practically - can I get a good anti air in exchange please.

Matt0!

Noob
Hey guys bit of a FG newbie here, im struggling with the F2 - 212, 123 xx string. I cant get from 212 to 123 with out the 2121 Kombo coming out any tips please ? am i supposed to dash cancel or something or isit a delay, I have tried and if i'm sucessfull it just breaks the kombo and the hit counter refreshes. Please help Thanks.

Hey guys bit of a FG newbie here, im struggling with the F2 - 212, 123 xx string. I cant get from 212 to 123 with out the 2121 Kombo coming out any tips please ? am i supposed to dash cancel or something or isit a delay, I have tried and if i'm sucessfull it just breaks the kombo and the hit counter refreshes. Please help Thanks.
You have to do a slight dash between each normal/string. It's best to wait for the opponent to be level with Liu Kang for the 212 string, otherwise the end of the string usually whiffs. For the 212, just slide your thumb between 2 and 1, but don't slide it too much or you'll get the extra 1 to come out. Keep practicing the sliding until you can hit 212 consistently.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So I’m co main Liu Kang myself and I have been noticing no one uses the Wu Shi warrior variation. Why is that do you all feel like it’s just trash compared to the other I believe it is called “way of honor” or is it just because of the combo potential that it lacks?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So I’m co main Liu Kang myself and I have been noticing no one uses the Wu Shi warrior variation. Why is that do you all feel like it’s just trash compared to the other I believe it is called “way of honor” or is it just because of the combo potential that it lacks?
There is a guy that played that variation against Scar.
Personally I don’t play him for the lack of parry and low fireball

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
IMO its coz even if you don't Parry or can't use that much, Low Fireball is essential as its simply way too good to not have.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So here is my day 5 Liu Kang.
Need a lot of practice yet, but I can already say that he will be nerfed unfortunately.
His parry is too good for the reason it’s active for too long. His dragon kick has fast recovery so it’s either impossible or too difficult to punish. I might be wrong though.
Anyway, if you have any tips I’ll be glad to take them
P.S. no idea why it changed my skin into some pinky ass bullshit

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
So here is my day 5 Liu Kang.
Need a lot of practice yet, but I can already say that he will be nerfed unfortunately.
His parry is too good for the reason it’s active for too long. His dragon kick has fast recovery so it’s either impossible or too difficult to punish. I might be wrong though.
Anyway, if you have any tips I’ll be glad to take them
P.S. no idea why it changed my skin into some pinky ass bullshit
I don’t think that he will be nerfed again. His damage already got nerfed pretty heavily on the bike kick with the day 1 patch. Personally I think he’ll get some tuning so that his Shaolin Stance is more viable

So guys, finally I learn this f***ing move, the execution is hard as hell, but with practice, everything is possible. You have to jump forward, then (EXTREMELY FAST) BF+1...but here is the difficult: the timing on the fireball must be perfect, execute it just after the jump animation starts!!! A video of mine with some examples and combos:
Nice video, here is what I do an it works very well, tap(only a tap)up, at max height of his tap up, he does a slight stall in mid air, you then do bf1 instead of his stomp, I don't feel rushed and the fireballs hit the opponents' head or goes just above it, but this works consistently and there is not that feeling of rushing into bf1, try it, but just tap the up button do not press it or you will do a very hi iafb.

RAYBAANN

Noob
Nice video, here is what I do an it works very well, tap(only a tap)up, at max height of his tap up, he does a slight stall in mid air, you then do bf1 instead of his stomp, I don't feel rushed and the fireballs hit the opponents' head or goes just above it, but this works consistently and there is not that feeling of rushing into bf1, try it, but just tap the up button do not press it or you will do a very hi iafb.
Yeah, I tried that, it works more consistently, but I don´t see differences with stance fireball. In my technique, the fireball comes out faster, and that is one of the points of an instant air projectile. I recommend you practice the movement, it is not as difficult as it seems...

Yeah, I tried that, it works more consistently, but I don´t see differences with stance fireball. In my technique, the fireball comes out faster, and that is one of the points of an instant air projectile. I recommend you practice the movement, it is not as difficult as it seems...
Thanks I will work on your method also, when you practice this offline, do you have offline set to "ON"

You have to do a slight dash between each normal/string. It's best to wait for the opponent to be level with Liu Kang for the 212 string, otherwise the end of the string usually whiffs. For the 212, just slide your thumb between 2 and 1, but don't slide it too much or you'll get the extra 1 to come out. Keep practicing the sliding until you can hit 212 consistently.

Very nice explaination of how to execute this, thanks for the advise