What's new

List Your Tournament Placings and Opponents

CrimsonShadow

the reason that you cannot do a ranking is because everyone doesnt compete in the same number of majors or events in general. In sports, they ALL play the same number of games, which is why you can rank them.

This means you have to use the "benefit of the doubt" system. Someone that has only been to 4 majors and has 3 top placings and one 9th place has no business being ranked anywhere near someone with double appearances at majors. To rank someone with 4 showings(3 of which are top placings) on par, near, or above someone with 8 showings and 5 or 6 top placings is saying "well.. if they WOULD have gone to 8 events, their record suggests that they would have equal or more top placings".

this is why you cannot do a ranking system.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
CrimsonShadow

the reason that you cannot do a ranking is because everyone doesnt compete in the same number of majors or events in general. In sports, they ALL play the same number of games, which is why you can rank them.

This means you have to use the "benefit of the doubt" system. Someone that has only been to 4 majors and has 3 top placings and one 9th place has no business being ranked anywhere near someone with double appearances at majors. To rank someone with 4 showings(3 of which are top placings) on par, near, or above someone with 8 showings and 5 or 6 top placings is saying "well.. if they WOULD have gone to 8 events, their record suggests that they would have equal or more top placings".

Ahh, but I'm already way ahead of you. A true ranking system shouldn't be based solely on placings anyway -- it should be based on who you've beaten, and how many people of a certain level you've beaten.

Think about how competitive Chess rankings work. I explained this earlier, but your place at a tourney is not nearly as important as who you beat to get there (as well as who beat you), in terms of ranking you vs. other players.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
CrimsonShadowthe reason that you cannot do a ranking is because...
Actually, you can do one. You may not think it's accurate or that it means anything, but you can create one regardless of what people think. Besides, no one really takes the rankings seriously anyway. It's just something fun and it does create a sense of competition. Some people may get butthurt that they're not top 10 or where they should be *cough*, but that's their problem.

Actually, you can do one. You may not think it's accurate or that it means anything, but you can create one regardless of what people think. Besides, no one really takes the rankings seriously anyway. It's just something fun and it does create a sense of competition. Some people may get butthurt that they're not top 10 or where they should be *cough*, but that's their problem.
dude.. lmao.. stop. I seriously dont care about any list. When I was top 5 on NFG I still didnt care because I know that certain players(like myself) will always get some excuse made by "list makers" lol as to why they did something or beat someone. Lists are always opinions and many use revisionist history and/or selective amnesia to form them to accommodate their points. They are for fun though and very entertaining, 100% agree.

CrimsonShadow

maybe you can do a ranking system using the chess system which I am not familiar with. Still, gonna be hard to get everyone to post who they beat and who beat them.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
PU 2011 - 1st
PDP 2011 - Could Not Compete(CNC) but did win every side 8 man single elim winner take all tourney i entered, including one final tourney with all the 8 man tourney winners.
Comicpalooza 2011 - T 1st with JOP
CEO 2011 - 2nd
ECT 2011 - 9th
Civil War 2 - 1st
EVO 2011 - 17th
SJ 2011 - 4th
Devastation 2011 - 7th (should have been 5th as I made it to top 8 winners but devastation lets the losers bracket back into the winners bracket in top 8)
SB 2011 - 7th
Console Combat - 2nd
NEC 2011- 13th
Pass The Salt 2011 - 2nd
WB 2012 - 9th
FR 2012 - no clue but not well
MLG Columbus - 13th so a lucky top 16 placing
PU 2012 - 4th
UFGT 2012 - 9th
EVO 2012 - no clue, know I made it out of pools though.
Texas Bar Fights round 9 - 4th
D-Town Beat Down - 2nd
Chicago Heart - 3rd (shouldnt count, lucky win vs 16bit with kenshi)
We Hit Buttons - 2nd

MLG Anaheim, MLG Raleigh, and MLG Dallas - I CNC due to being the commentator.
SJ 2012 and ECT 2012 - I CNC because they were held the same day as MLG events that I was working.

there are a lot of locals that i dont even remember so i'm short about 7 or more tournaments.

let me add that anyone who considers themselves close to me should stop telling me to drop Sub. almost every missed top 8 was helped out by loss of character identity. My KL and Cage are NOT all purpose and my Raiden and Kenshi are TRASH. KL and Cage do what I built them for and nothing more, anytime I try to do more then what I made them for = losers bracket or elimination. Anyone who thinks I should switch to KL, Raiden, Kenshi, etc as a main or for EVERY MU that Sub loses is mistaken.
That's pretty decent

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm a total of 2-4.

NEC 12 - 0-2 - Lost to PimpUigi and a Sektor player named Why.
Winter Brawl - 2-2 - Lost to Claude Von Stroke, beat a random Ermac & Jade player, lost to Shady.

I wish I got to travel more :(.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hey everyone --Thanks x 100: so many people have posted their info, and we have almost everyone we need. I'm still missing the following people:

CD Jr., Maxter, Claude Von Stroke, Cat, and Showtime. Also m2dave and Young College Wafflez.

If anyone is in contact with them, smack them around and let them know to drop their resume here. I've sent some tweets, and an email or two -- I don't want to harass people too much; but the more complete the info is, the better the project will turn out, and the better a resource it'll be.

<3 TYM :)

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
-Evo '11 Top 16.
-SCR 11' 4th place
-MLG Columbus Top 32
-MLG Anaheim 5th place
-MLG Summer Arena 3rd place
-MLG Dallas Top 16

*SPOILER ALERT- NEC '12 1st place.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I went 5-2 at ECT. and 2-2 at MLG Dallas losing to Kabal and Kenshi. Raleigh was a nightmare i think i went 1-2 and performed horribly. Did not play at EVO only spectated. Went 3-2 at toryuken before that.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
Season's Beatings Velocity - 13th (Smoke)

Final Round - shit (Smoke)
MLG Columbus - 25 (Smoke)
Power Up - 9 (Smoke)
Season's Beatings Summer Slam - 4 (Smoke)
MLG Anaheim - 13 (Smoke)
Evolution - 17 (Smoke)
Season's Beating's Velocity - 3 (Smoke)

GameStop MK Brawl (Rolla, MO): 1st Place
GameStop MK Brawl 2 (Rolla MO): 1st Place
Test your Skills Bar Fights (5/2011): 1st place, Def. ShanxterX in GF 3-1 after losing the first GF set 3-2.
DTown Beatdowns: (09/2011): 5th place, Lost to LoneStar Reaper 2-1
UCC Dallas (05/2011): 8th place, Lost to Fubarduck 2-1 to the "parry glitch"
Central Texas Brawl 3: 1st place, Def LoneStar Reaper 3-0 in GF and 2-0 in tourney play.
FR 15: bombed out to Maxter and Medina
Texas Showdown: 5th place, Def Pro-Spic 2-0 and Fusion 2-0, Lost to Showtime 2-1 and Mr. Mileena 2-1.
Texas Barfights 9: 2nd place, Lost to MyGod, Def. Wayfaring Stranger 3-1 in Losers Finals and Khaotic Shang 2-0
EVO 2012: Made it to Losers finals in Pools. Lost to DetroitBalln 2-0 and Pboard 2-1, Def UsedForGlue 2-1 and 2-1 in losers
UCC Dallas 2012: 5th place Lost to ChrisG and MyGod
Insomnia 07/2012, 4th place : Lost to Showtime and Cat
Insomnia 11/2012, 3rd place: lost to Cat in WF and LumberZach in Losers Finals

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
NEC (Chongo vs opponent) 2-2
Bye against PhantomHourglass
Lost to Blackula (Reptile vs Kenshi) 0-2
Won against Mr. Brandon Spier (Reptile vs Kung Lao) 2-1
Lost to Jupiter (Reptile, Cage vs Jax) 0-2

Maaaaaaan, I suck.

Matix218

Get over here!
Matix's (played smoke in all matches) NEC Results (3-2) (Pool A)
Not sure of my final placing as the full results have not yet been posted for NEC.

Lost to GGA Soonk (kabal) (0-2)
Won against a Cyrax Player (cant remember the handle) (2-0)
Won against Frequency (reptile) (2-1)
Won against Crum (kung lao) (2-0 I think?)
Lost (again) to GGA Soonk (Kabal) (0-2)

First tournament where I actually had a winning record lol, I am happy with it!

I am missing matches in this list so this is not all there is to the story

2011:
Bison Autoshop 2011 -2nd (lost to neorussel 3-1 then 3-2 in grand finals, beat darkdeath 3-0 in loser finals)

T12- 4th (lost to neorussel 2-1 ,beat vida 2-0 ,lost to arturo(sabin) 2-1)

Canada Cup 2011-3rd (lost to shinjinkydink 3-2 ,lost to j wong 3-1,beat jimmypotato 2-0,bodied altaire in casuals and made him to scared to money match me)

NEC 2011 - 17th (lost to riu48 2-0 and also Tom Brady 2-0, beat Lionheart 2-0)

TTT Mortal Kombat Bloody Holiday -1st (beat neorussel 3-2 in winner finals ,neorussel resets but then I beat him 3-1 in GF, beat archmagnus 2-0 , also darktrax 2-0)

2012:

Toronto Smashup -5th (lost to kfrog 2-1 and playpal 2-1)

Toronto Tournament in A&C -5th (lost to jer 2-1 and shady9xd 2-1)

VSM ON THE EDGE II -9th(lost to swifttomhanks and Maxter bth 2-0 ,beat claude von stroke my dick 2-0 and rapzilla 2-1)

Toryuken -4th (lost to milkysituation 2-1 in pools ,beat bluenine 2-1 ,ripcrowley 2-1 and mcpeanuts 2-0 for top 8 losers, poppedoff on Altaire, in top 8 I beat justin wong 2-0 and milky situation 2-0 and then lost to xsmokex 2-0 that little brat :p) Beat insuperable 2-o and lost to maxter 2-1 in Canada VS USA Team Battle (hold dat soup)

ECT4 -9th (Beat relaxedstate 2-1 in pools ,lost Khaotik 2-1 and kevo Da Man 2-0 ,sawnik the prodigy saves us from kevo winning the tourny)

Redbank Rumble I -2nd (beat 7L 3-2 in WF , beat insuperable 2-1 with Kung Lao, Lost to swifttomhanks twice in GF (was using kung lao since this was before evo and I thought swift was in my evo pool)

EVO 2012 - Top 32 (beat Tom brady 2-0 to make it out in winners of my pool , lost to cd jr 2-1 and lost to dizzy 2-0)

Redbank Rumble II -2nd (beat swifttomhanks 2-0 , resetted insuperable 3-0 then lost 3-2 in GF)

MLG Raleigh -13th ON PADDDDDD (lost to 16 bit 3-1 and Cat 3-2 , beat ninj 3-2 ,jimmyvonvitti 3-0 and J360 3-0 ALL ON PADDDD) NO KEYBOARD

Seasons Beating -5th(beat Slips 3-1 ,mkjames 3-0 and forever king 3-2 , lost to cdjr 3-2 and dizzy 3-2)

T13 -4th(beat Kfrog in pools and in top 8 2-0 and beat Maxter for top 8 winners 2-0 , lost to Reo 2-0 and Maxter 2-0)

MLG Dallas 17th (beat KH KingRoyale 3-1 and KH SCAR 3-0 in pools , lost to Mxxter 3-1 and Mygod 88 3-2 fucking west coast and their lui kangs)

NEC 2012 -13th (beat seven 2-1 twice ,darknatas 2-0 and swift 2-0 , lost to riu48 2-0 and 16 bit 2-1)

.....What a journey it has been .

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here is what I remember.

- Season's Beatings (5th)

- MLG Columbus (9th)

- Season's Beatings (1st)

- Evolution (8th)

- MLG Raleigh (17th)

- Season's Beatings (5th)

King_David

KH / PTH
CrimsonShadow - I know your waiting on some other KH members (Cat & Showtime) but here's mine.

EVO 2012 - 2-2 overall

0-2 vs Seven (ermac)
2-0 vs Arcadesmuch
2-0 vs Exjko4 (Sektor & Kenshi)
0-2 vs GGA Dizzy (Cage mirror...Got bodied lol)

Insomnia MK9 7/14/2012 - 7th place 4-2

2-0 vs Closet Eddie (Rain)
1-2 vs KH Shanxter (Sub & Kenshi)
2-0 vs Beerhat Luis (Kung Lao)
2-0 vs Bird Watcher (Kung Lao)
2-0 vs Midnight88 (Cage)
1-2 vs KH Starcharger (Kitana)

D-Town Beatdown 8/4/2012 - 4th place 2-2

2-0 vs Big Milk (Kabal)
1-2 vs KH Cat (Kabal)
2-0 vs KH Seraph (Liu Kang)
1-2 vs Armageddon (Mileena)

MLG Raleigh 2012 - Tied for 33rd 1-2

0-3 vs ermac2(801vegeta) (Noob)
3-0 vs Viper (DQ)
0-3 vs Insuperable (Quan)

Insomnia Mk9 9/24/2012 - 7th place 4-2

1-2 vs KH Royale (Kano)
2-0 vs KH Seraph (Liu Kang & Raiden)
2-0 vs Omar (Kung Lao)
2-0 vs Ted (Sonya)
2-1 vs KH Royale (Kano)
1-2 vs KH Showtime (Sub & Kitana)

MLG Dallas 2012 - Overall 2-2

3-0 vs Kanechump (Cyrax) - On stream - http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/events/22-fall-championship#2292/2309/1;97900 - Round 1 - first match
1-3 vs KH Scar (Freddy) - Very close
3-0 vs unVINCEable (Liu Kang)
2-3 vs KH Royale (Kano & CYRAX) - one word....cyrax lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I guess this would be my tournament experience.

T12 (Toryuken) (1 - 2)

0-2 Against Maxter (Sektor)
2-0 against a Smoke (forget name)
1-2 Against Temjiin (Reptile) (training partner)

Island Showdown 2 5-0 (won tournament)
This was against mostly street fighter players, and we were just showcasing the game. No one of note currently to worth mentioning but maybe someday :).

That would be my offline experience.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think this is correct

CrimsonShadow

Revelations 2012

Win vs GuamoKun (Reptile vs CSZ)
Win vs Random Player (Reptile vs I forget)
Win vs DAB (Reptile vs Kabal/Sub Zero)
Loss vs DJT (Sektor/Sonya vs Cyrax)
Win vs Tyrant (Kenshi vs Jax)
Loss vs Pboard (Sektor/Reptile vs Lao)

MLG Dallas

Win vs Billstickers (Reptile vs Kitana)
Loss vs MIT (Sonya vs Liu Kang)
Loss vs Satsuiyeshadou (Sonya vs Cage/Kabal)

MLG Anaheim

Win vs LethalLegend (Kabal/Sonya/Reptile vs

Shang/Jax/Kenshi)
Win vs Random Player (Kabal vs Kitana)
Loss vs Scar (Sonya/Sektor vs Skarlet)
Win vs Guamokun (Kabal/Reptile vs CSZ/Kitana)
Loss vs Pig of the Hut (Rain/Kenshi/Reptile vs Kenshi)

SCR 2011

Win vs Mr K (Sektor vs Kitana)
Win vs THE_SNKE (Sektor vs I don't remember)
Loss vs MIT (Sektor vs Baraka/Ermac)
Win vs 801 Vegeta (Sektor vs Kung Lao)
Win vs Wrath88 (Sektor vs Kitana)
Loss vs Lethal Legend (Sektor vs Shang/Jax)

Devastation 2011

Win vs Random Player (Scorpion vs Kitana)
Win vs King Hippo (Sonya vs Kano)
Win vs AU_RIP (Reptile vs Lao)
Loss vs EGP Shory (Noob vs Sub Zero)
Loss vs Mr Mileena (Kung Lao vs Kitana)

Relevations 2011 I forget most of these

Loss vs Aris (Reptile vs Smoke)
Loss vs Krayzie (Reptile vs Ermac)
Win vs Calimaestro (Reptile vs Raiden)
and I forget the rest of my wins

EDIT:

Evo 2012

Loss vs Xblades (Noob/Kenshi vs Liu)
Win vs Awesomo (Sonya vs Cage)
Loss vs Blackula (Noob vs Kenshi)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
King_David thanks, that was perfect man. Also thanks w1nter warz, that was amazingly complete. Thanks TakeAChance :)

If anyone sees Cat or Showtime, beat them over the head and drag them in here. Lol

(GamerBlake90 I'm looking at you.. Haha)
*smacks Cat and Showtime over the heads before dragging them into this thread*

There, bitch, I brought them here. Happy? :p

I'll shoot 'em some text messages and tell 'em to post in here.