What's new

Lex Concern

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
JI2 gives you enough advantage to go for your 50/50 starter if that's what you're asking. Ji2, b1 jails and so does ji2, f2. I tried to poke out of both and couldn't. I think you have to hit the ji2 at the correct height for it to jail tho. Just gotta practice landing ji2 in the right spot for the combos to jail.

ji1 seems to jail with b1, but not f2.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm not sure if this has been said...

My biggest concern with Lex besides trying to get in on certain zoners are his mines! You can't knock an opponent in to a mine after they wake up because they can just hold down *WHICH NOBODY DOES FOR SOME REASON!!!* They tech roll the mine and poof...they wake up attack on a mine and poof, and certain characters can just special right over it! Don't you love getting an opponent right near a mind only for it to disappear when they are falling on it >< These things aren't easy to get out either, but they do help with controlling spacing.

Why must Lex get knocked down when he throws someone on to a mine?! Didn't anyone get the memo?! Lex is grappler of the universe!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i know you can not really compare games because they are too different.

but cyrax bomb is 12 frame start up, indestructible and leads to 100%+ combos

lex mine is 78 frame startup, can be blocked, has a massively reduced area of effect in comparison, and leads to 50% if you are lucky.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
i know you can not really compare games because they are too different.

but cyrax bomb is 12 frame start up, indestructible and leads to 100%+ combos

lex mine is 78 frame startup, can be blocked, has a massively reduced area of effect in comparison, and leads to 50% if you are lucky.
you forgot to say you can only have one mine on the screen ;)

miloPKL

remember to use your kinda fast kinda long hella advantage and knockback 3 especially to blast them into a mine ;)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
why do people bash his projectile doing 3% level 1? Its a launcher at level 2. good for a corps, setup, and level 2 trait
i honestly dont know how to use it effectively yet but then i got the idea full screen using it to cancel into trait dash cancel

:confused:

miloPKL

the best use i have for lance is in your zone trap mixups, if they expect a sky beam or weapon drop and make a dash attempt they bump into the lance bolt.

i also read that charging it to lcl 3 as anti wakeup attack but i havent done this much myself

webreg

Noob
The more I play Lex the more gimmicky he appears to be. I guess I win a lot of games solely because he is one of the least played characters and people simply don't know the match-up. Lex benefits from this immensely because his fighting style is rather unique compared to the rest of the cast. If I meet someone with match-up experience it almost always feels like an uphill struggle. I'm doing much better with other characters.

Fangoria19

Groovy
I've been using the lance up close alot, its safe on block and charging it scares people into backing off which i guess is where the lance cancel can be useful. I'm experimenting with using charged lance in the corner for unblockable loops, not sure how different characters deal with it on wakeup tho.