What's new

Lex Concern

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
There are 2 strings beginning with 2,2 on block can be followed up by B3 for a low attack or D1 for an overhead, I think it´s all he got. Both are safe on block (-3 and +2 the overhead one).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Unfortunately, not a true 50/50 starter. He has the 22 ender but that's one hit for -> b3, or 2 max for -> d1 if you hitconfirm.

His best 50/50 setup is off d1, but the overhead is risky.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Man I wish b2 was hit confirmable

I feel like I throw it out w a prayer

Maybe lex player should do more b2 close mine

Can u end combos from 22d1 or 22b3 w a mine or orb?

Pig Of The Hut

I feel like he needs this to be truly competitive.

Nope. So if you toss a mine after 22d1, it's pretty much you just using the frame advantage after you recover to set one up.
Is it safe to do so?

I have tremendous success ending combos w ji2 u3 far mine

Played karaokelove for 3 hours ...75% sinestro 25% lex got Hammered at first but started getting it w lex

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Is it safe to do so?

I have tremendous success ending combos w ji2 u3 far mine

Played karaokelove for 3 hours ...75% sinestro 25% lex got Hammered at first but started getting it w lex
There's a 20-frame gap and neither option grants a hard knockdown. I'll have to try that setup. Did you record any of that set?

Although not in his favor it seems easier to fight zoners like DS with Lex with the gap in his gunshots than to fight people like Harley that can put a projectile on screen 1000 times a minute.

Pig Of The Hut

There's a 20-frame gap and neither option grants a hard knockdown. I'll have to try that setup. Did you record any of that set?

Although not in his favor it seems easier to fight zoners like DS with Lex with the gap in his gunshots than to fight people like Harley that can put a projectile on screen 1000 times a minute.
I recorded the whole 3 hours

I can post the lex matches

Need to edit out the others

I start off w lex 2-6 then went 8-3 I think or something like that after adjusting.

U have to play beast mode rush down tic throw style lex

Lex can zone most ...sort of but not this MU.

You have to become die hard 1 ......which brings me to my next topic. We need to name 5 lex setups by die hard movies

Pig Of The Hut

Also thinking back I need to do HELLA more 22d1 and 22b3.

I never did it one time ever

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

Yeah PPJ uses this a lot.

I noticed that if they tech roll the u3 it will put them away from the far mine, but I guess you can still use that setup to bait a jump afterwards.

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah PPJ uses this a lot.

I noticed that if they tech roll the u3 it will put them away from the far mine, but I guess you can still use that setup to bait a jump afterwards.
After u3 far mine I always dash in and if they roll or wake up I vacuum

webreg

Noob
I feel that this 50/50 string is his essential tool because Lex works best if his opponent is down. However the last hit of this string both the overhead and the low both have a delay (the low is longer). Once the opponent gets used to it he can just block high and go low on reaction.

Pig Of The Hut

I feel that this 50/50 string is his essential tool because Lex works best if his opponent is down. However the last hit of this string both the overhead and the low both have a delay (the low is longer). Once the opponent gets used to it he can just block high and go low on reaction.
I'm thinking always use 22d1

Use the + on block to get a free or close to free following block

D1
Throw
B1
B13
B1 throw
Throw

webreg

Noob
I like to use "back dash Gravity Pull MB" every once in a while after a blocked string. Usually catches them but can be severely punished and might not be a viable tactic. Can also be mixed with "back dash (jump) corp charge".

Pig Of The Hut

I like to use "back dash Gravity Pull MB" every once in a while after a blocked string. Usually catches them but can be severely punished and might not be a viable tactic.
By chance on top of your head now start up frame data for b13 and 22?

I know u3 is 6 and standing 11 is 8

Weird his u3 is his fastest move lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

D1
Throw
B1
B13
B1 throw
Throw
A lot of these will whiff due to the pushback on the last hit. I know for sure that throw and b1 whiff.

Yeah, u3 and Corp Charge :)

Malec

Noob
By chance on top of your head now start up frame data for b13 and 22?

I know u3 is 6 and standing 11 is 8

Weird his u3 is his fastest move lol
b13 is 14frame startup and 22 is 13frame, f2 (overhead) 15frame and b2 (overhead) 18frame

you cant special cancel 22d1 or 22b3, but on midfield you can follow up 22d1 with an corp charge and in the corner you get a full combo
2,2,d1, F2~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (free probe or full trait forward dash cancel after the cc)

Malec

Noob
Man I wish b2 was hit confirmable

I feel like I throw it out w a prayer

Maybe lex player should do more b2 close mine

Can u end combos from 22d1 or 22b3 w a mine or orb?
b2u3 is safe and you can hitconfirm that into b2u3d3, its not a combo but its something and if i remember right it should be untechable

btw where can i find your footage vs DS?

SRY for double post, was going to edit :/

Pig Of The Hut

b2u3 is safe and you can hitconfirm that into b2u3d3, its not a combo but its something and if i remember right it should be untechable

btw where can i find your footage vs DS?

SRY for double post, was going to edit :/
I need permission from karaokelove first to edit the lex matches out and post

So can lex do b2u3 landmine? If so could be huge

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

D1
Throw
B1
B13
B1 throw
Throw
Frame advantage broadens your options, it doesn't give you anything for free. Everything you suggested here can be backdashed. When you're thinking your options through when at advantage, you generally want an option for 1. If they backdash and 2. If they dont.

Pig Of The Hut

Frame advantage broadens your options, it doesn't give you anything for free. Everything you suggested here can be backdashed. When you're thinking your options through when at advantage, you generally want an option for 1. If they backdash and 2. If they dont.
Makes sense

Just like dealing w superman f23