What's new

Lex Concern

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Superman F23 will generally catch a backdash AND beat out normals, thats why its a problem for alot of the cast.
No I was comparing it a different way

F23 breath
1. Either d1 after assuming he'll repeat
2. Assume he will expect d1 and will try to whiff punish so jump in w attack
Etc etc

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut How come you use b2 instead of f2? Neither will be safe, but with f2 you will do more damage.
Honestly didn't know which was better but from my exp I liked using b2 hit stun on hit to setup another 50/50 or throw etc

But if I'm told b2u3 is special cancelable so I can end w far mine then that will be the go to attack cause as it is b2u3 is safe

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Honestly didn't know which was better but from my exp I liked using b2 hit stun on hit to setup another 50/50 or throw etc

But if I'm told b2u3 is special cancelable so I can end w far mine then that will be the go to attack cause as it is b2u3 is safe
I'm unable to get a mine out, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

with his armor and knock down he has probably the dirtiest filthiest most scum bag corner game ever man. Only a true dirt bag like Lex would do. its all hard knockdown - super armor - 50 50 launcher all day
The Lexer the Luthor I always say

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
if you want to enforce the 50/50 but get more than one hit, go for B2,U3. It can be hitconfirmed into B2,U3,D3 for decent damage and still enforces the threat of a 50/50. The B2,U3 is also safe on block.

Although 2,2,D1 leaves him at advantage, due to the range it puts you at, and the opponents backdash, nothing is guaranteed from it. Some strings won't hit and others will onyl work if the opponent either doesn't backdash, or is hesitant to press buttons. The same way if you manage to land a 1,1,2 on block a good option is 2,2,D1 afterwards. As the opponent may not be pressing buttons enough to interrupt the two.

PND_Ketchup

with his armor and knock down he has probably the dirtiest filthiest most scum bag corner game ever man. Only a true dirt bag like Lex would do. its all hard knockdown - super armor - 50 50 launcher all day
Opponent can still backdash if their backdash is good enough :(

Pig Of The Hut

Multi hit wakes up blow it up including his b3 mb

PND_Ketchup

intresting even in the corner? even with the double low or 11?
Oh not in the corner, the 50/50 is really sweeet in the corner if the opponents wakeup doesnt move them away from it. If you're armored up it's fine, but if it's somethign liek hawkgirls charge they just move away from it anyway.

I was talking midscreen, if the opponent has a good backdash the 50/50 isnt guaranteed, it then becomes your job to try and read it correctly and corp charge on reaction. But the fact it's always an option does make the 50/50 drastically less effective against some characters.

spin4u

Noob
I am just so glad 22d1/22b3 are true strings. What I mean is for ex: Cyborg 112 leaves you at +12 frames on block but the opp. can mbb3 on the 2 and fully punish. It just sucks that 112 has to be jailed in as to 22 which is slower start up but does not have to be jailed in.
Is it just me or is orbs just a way to punish/bait strings.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
im sure you've all read the quote "everyone has dirt in this game thats why its so great."

what is lex dirt?

i think lex has gotta be among the cleanest least broke least dirty characters in the game.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
im sure you've all read the quote "everyone has dirt in this game thats why its so great."

what is lex dirt?

i think lex has gotta be among the cleanest least broke least dirty characters in the game.
Not sure about that. Lex has a lot of flaws, but his mix-up tools combined with his trait lead to some pretty dirty dealings.

Maybe just not dirty enough.

Pig Of The Hut

what is lex dirt?

i think he better and better more i play him

i swear mb probe (db3) gives you so many free option:
Air strike FT
Armor charge w dash
mine setup
FT interactable for free

Normal probe gives you
FT air strike if they dash into it
FT interactable if they dash

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Im playing w lex online right now recording. Ill post MU video for critique and to continue to get help

thanks guys
Look forward to it. I thought for a while you dropped Lex completely. Glad to hear you're still using him.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
i think he better and better more i play him

i swear mb probe (db3) gives you so many free option:
Air strike FT
Armor charge w dash
mine setup
FT interactable for free

Normal probe gives you
FT air strike if they dash into it
FT interactable if they dash
I still think MB Probe is a waste of meter. I guess its harder to dodge, but at least according to the in-game frame data you get less block advantage, which is really its only purpose. Am I missing something?

Pig Of The Hut

I still think MB Probe is a waste of meter. I guess its harder to dodge, but at least according to the in-game frame data you get less block advantage, which is really its only purpose. Am I missing something?
its TERRIBLE VS deathstroke but buys a lot more time vs others

frame data is really wrong