What's new

General/Other - Raiden Let's discuss MoS/Displacer

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
If Static traps connected faster or lasted longer then we could have some potential. Although I worry about full screen block infinites.

Either that or single orbs should have some effect on the opponent, like maybe drain a little bit of life or meter or stamina. In that way, the opponent could still walk right through them and keep on with his attack or whatever they were doing, but it'd cost them a little. The point being, a single orb shouldn't be completely harmless.
I like this idea a lot. Maybe a stun effect would be to much for a single orb, but draining energy, that could be very useful

MOS dots/bolts should stay MUCH longer, he should be able to weave like 20 of them in a row, creating a web of electricity that just keep on going for so long

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
MoS orbs also need to stay out longer. Right now it's around 10 seconds which is enough time for one or two mixups and a combo. Which isn't enough because it already has dumb recovery. If it's gonna be that difficult to get the first orb out I think it should be easier to get them to connect.

Cerebru

Noob
How is it fair, NRS clearly did not intend for him to have his -40f overhead to be made safe by a input glitch lol.
It can be canceled like Cassie F3 strings.... I have no complaints when char get a full 1 button mix up. Its not safe, he's negative after it. Displace needs it. Sorry TG doesn't

Cerebru

Noob
It's dumb.
Its a mix up he needs. or else people will just block you high and punish. MK isn't a game you let me go after you do some isn you opponent is supposed to be able to handle. I will check you first and if it land I'm going to cancel b2 into exdf2 for 43%, LEVEL UP. (not at you if your doing this)
You better be ready to punish that -14 ex special lol IJFS ... lol. Its not safe just seldom punished, why? because good players don't just let you punish them.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Its a mix up he needs. or else people will just block you high and punish. MK isn't a game you let me go after you do some isn you opponent is supposed to be able to handle. I will check you first and if it land I'm going to cancel b2 into exdf2 for 43%, LEVEL UP. (not at you if your doing this)
You better be ready to punish that -14 ex special lol IJFS ... lol. Its not safe just seldom punished, why? because good players don't just let you punish them.
You don't have time to see if b2 hits to cancel it into shocker. If you're waiting to see if b2 hits... you've already missed your window to cancel it into shocker. If b2 hits, why not run into b14~ex-shocker?

The b2 option select is NOT needed. I'm not suggesting taking away the ability to cancel into shocker. I'm saying take the option select away.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
For Displacer the obvious solution is to make his normal Teleport more viable by reducing the recovery frames. -19 is a good number (that's the same as in MK9, right?).

Master of Storms is more tricky because the orbs are quite powerful already, it's just that this variation is under represented and hence, under developed, simply because TG is so good. I think the correct solution would be to buff it in such a way that it becomes more viable, but in ways that are different than TG so people would have an incentive to pick the latter over the former. Initially I was thinking that giving MoS the same, or even pre-patch, F1, 2 might have been the solution, but TG has that as well, i.e. it wouldn't really provide any benefits over it.

So now I am of the opinion the best thing to do is to buff his orbs somehow, or even give him a new orb move, such as Revoloving Orbs for example. That would be a move where an orb or two literally revolves around Raiden for a short time and protects him from harm or deflect or absorbs projectiles or some such. Another interesting orb buff might to allow three orbs on the screen at the same time and all three of them form a triangular beam. Either that or single orbs should have some effect on the opponent, like maybe drain a little bit of life or meter or stamina. In that way, the opponent could still walk right through them and keep on with his attack or whatever they were doing, but it'd cost them a little. The point being, a single orb shouldn't be completely harmless.
Or players can represent MOS and get it on the map instead of buffing it so that players have a surface reason to play the variation.

cambros22

Displacer Variation should be replaced with Shazam. Ohh the whole cast would be so free.

Wigy

There it is...
It can be canceled like Cassie F3 strings.... I have no complaints when char get a full 1 button mix up. Its not safe, he's negative after it. Displace needs it. Sorry TG doesn't
All option selects need to go.

The only reason people don't complain about cassies is cause she isn't getting high in majors lol.

No character 'Needs' a glitch.

Spectral ermac had a glitch and it was removed, he 'needed' that glitch waaaay more than any of your variations.

Cerebru

Noob
You don't have time to see if b2 hits to cancel it into shocker. If you're waiting to see if b2 hits... you've already missed your window to cancel it into shocker. If b2 hits, why not run into b14~ex-shocker?

The b2 option select is NOT needed. I'm not suggesting taking away the ability to cancel into shocker. I'm saying take the option select away.
Yea I know. Its a commitment. Because B14 is not an overhead? how would B1 ever pressure anyone?

Vaiist

Noob
Yea I know. Its a commitment. Because B14 is not an overhead? how would B1 ever pressure anyone?
He's saying to use B14 after B2 hits.

By the way, what's the damage on that? If I'm not mistaken b2 run f2(2+4)xxdf2EX gives you more damage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I wanted to play displacer after seeing the raiden reveal and playing him in mk9 as an alt character.

And then I actually tried it out in MKX and dear god is that teleport horrendous! Needs faster startup and recovery especially if you're going to tele right next to someone. That's just begging to get punished for using your variation specific move.

Cerebru

Noob
All option selects need to go.

The only reason people don't complain about cassies is cause she isn't getting high in majors lol.

No character 'Needs' a glitch.

Spectral ermac had a glitch and it was removed, he 'needed' that glitch waaaay more than any of your variations.
All Im saying is cassie can Cancle at two points with a one button mix up thats oh, low, then another that is low oh.... B2 is good to have put risky. A lot of people don't react right to shocker is all but hey its been a few months and nobody blocks well because there is a lot to be aware of... B2 cancels are one of those things..,, If ya ask me why can't NRS split that string something like B22 B2 for a hit B22 for the commit to negative forever lol?

cambros22

The things I would like to see are displacer teleport being more useful without having to use meter. Also MoS needs less recovery on orbs, because seems like he can't even get a safe orb out after his best knockdown.
Recovery is fine on orbs. There are plenty of ways to get orb out. Plus he has orb pressure that is amazing in the corner. Hell most of the buffs people are asking for, will make the character OP.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
Recovery is fine on orbs. There are plenty of ways to get orb out. Plus he has orb pressure that is amazing in the corner. Hell most of the buffs people are asking for, will make the character OP.
Thank you Sir. Lets not forget every trap landed is 35%+ and free next trap.

cambros22

Being plus ten if they block is not worth the effort to set them up IMO. The orbs should be able to control space to work and an orb stunning or connected orbs staying out longer would do this. There is no reason to fear orbs right now
Orbs are best used as pressure tools to bait players into poking once u connect them. This variation isnt about being safe. Its about forcing trades with your opponent that end with them taking on average 20% to ur 7-10 and you getting to follow up with a mixup. Once they respect orb. U get free pressure with overhead/ low starters that lead to more orbs.

cambros22

If TG didn't exist, I would look at MoS and say it's perfect. However, when you compare the two, it's insane how much extra stuff TG gets. Realistically though, I'll be conservative and point out one thing that really pisses me off.

Meter burning a full trap should result in it coming out whether you got hit or not. You get a hit of armor, sure, but your trap will fizzle if you get bopped while putting it out. Considering how much harder it is to build meter with that variation, it's kinda bullshit that it can be wasted like that.
Having armor on ex trap would be broken. Can u imagine a player getting free breakers and potential punishes from armoring in between a gap in a players string. Or a guarenteed pressure on wakeup that leads to more orb play and setups.