What's new

Let's be honest, where is Darkseid as a character?

Wavy

Block Spammer
The issue you're having is giving Darkseid a lot of space. You need to immediately get in his face. I've faced a couple good Harleys. When theyre in Darkseids face sometimes feels like you have no answers. If you're trying to trade full screen which you have been doing you're going to lose that at all times every time.

armani

Noob
It says exactly nothing. Every dark seid player i've faced, i've been unable to whiff punish. Whether it's lag or whatever it's ridiculous. I don't have as much of a problem with deadshot players as darkseid. Seriously you're a mod, stop defending this shit.
and this sounds like you need to git gud... lol no offense. just learn the match-up
harleys b2~df1 checks work well against darkseid too.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
some1 said d1~mb knee is a waste of meter? not really, gotta make due with what we've got atm, and its one of the best options he has in close range, or any string into knee. and doing so should give u plenty of chances to throw and create some space.

but yea, i think they should definitely make his f2 a mid, or something, anything that would make it so players need to respect him a bit more....just a tiny bit more....not a lot, not askin the world, just askin for the cherry ontop of that hotfudge sunday D: .

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
some1 said d1~mb knee is a waste of meter? not really, gotta make due with what we've got atm, and its one of the best options he has in close range, or any string into knee. and doing so should give u plenty of chances to throw and create some space.

but yea, i think they should definitely make his f2 a mid, or something, anything that would make it so players need to respect him a bit more....just a tiny bit more....not a lot, not askin the world, just askin for the cherry ontop of that hotfudge sunday D: .
Giving this character an advancing mid sounds terrifying lol

I was actually surprised he was given a teleport being a decent zoner + mixup character as he is, thought it was going to be gear.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Giving this character an advancing mid sounds terrifying lol

I was actually surprised he was given a teleport being a decent zoner + mixup character as he is, thought it was going to be gear.
i thought the idea of gear was to bring a different flavor to the character tbh...not break off and lock shiet away from characters.....shiet that they could reaally really use -____-. This whole having special moves related to gear....and then having competative mode incorporate none of them was a poor choice by nrs imo x-x

anyways, i think making his f2 a mid would at least give him a bit more respect....either that or make his gear move to mb 221+3 for a combo part of his base set x-x.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I just don't understand why people want a hard zoner to have better upfront tools. If yall want better upfront buttons be prepared to give up them sweet, sweet fireballs boys.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Played last night a good deadshot player and its not easy . He won . Before I faced only ds who spam and nothing else . What he did he got on me in first round and mixed in corner till I was off my first life bar. Then he started zoning. Well I was winning zoning war but till I got him off his first life bar I was almost dead. It ended up him winning with half of his second health bar. I said it many times but I will again , why ds can have both zoning and good normals and darkseid have like worst normals ingame ? Its not like his zoning is so OP and lasers hits mid and have no recovery lol ... what was nrs thinking ? Imo deadshot zoning is even better than darkseids + hes amazing upclose . Yeah darkside have huge dmg and ds not but what im going to do with this dmg if I dont have chance to do it lol

BookBurning

Voidwards
Getting a strong mid-tier feeling from DS to be honest. He has tools, just succumbs to a ton of close range pressure ; he has weaknesses and strengths.

Honestly, this makes him perfect, every character should strive to be mid-tier in my opinion.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Played last night a good deadshot player and its not easy . He won . Before I faced only ds who spam and nothing else . What he did he got on me in first round and mixed in corner till I was off my first life bar. Then he started zoning. Well I was winning zoning war but till I got him off his first life bar I was almost dead. It ended up him winning with half of his second health bar. I said it many times but I will again , why ds can have both zoning and good normals and darkseid have like worst normals ingame ? Its not like his zoning is so OP and lasers hits mid and have no recovery lol ... what was nrs thinking ? Imo deadshot zoning is even better than darkseids + hes amazing upclose . Yeah darkside have huge dmg and ds not but what im going to do with this dmg if I dont have chance to do it lol
You are forgetting the heavy mix potential Darkseid has. Htbs, throws into combos, jumps into mixes...
Deadshot is much more zoning oriented. In terms of combos, he gets nothing special outside corner.

By the way, add me to psn, would be nice to train this matchup.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If they sit there ducking, they're not moving forward. Just throw out trait and get a free teleport. Reo's video doesn't make darkseid look worse at all tbh.
All it does is show there are options for a lot of the characters in the game at mid screen. Full screen you gotta duck and move. It's just saying "He cant zone you the whole game and win most of the time"

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I play him like this : Stay away and zone ,build meter and wait for trait . When trait is out tele and get in to do as much dmg as you can . Back to zoning and repeat till you win . Imo he was made to play like that. Without trait you cant do much uplcose and tele can be easly blown up ,ppl just have not figured out yet but as time goes on he will get worse trust me . Sometimes when I aa laser I will tele when they are waking up .

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
It's hard to play neutral when you get disrespected out of plus frames because your only two worthwhile strings to get any fucking damage from get beat out. Who cares if I'm +10 if all someone has to do is d1d1d1d1 and I end up losing?

This isn't downplaying, dude. It's a legit issue. Yes, he has great mixup POTENTIAL. He has great zoning POTENTIAL. He has great trait setup POTENTIAL. He has great damage POTENTIAL.

P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L. That's what he has. He has to be in a favorable situation for any of his potential to come to light, especially if he's going against someone with much better buttons than him or ways to get around his zoning.

Oh, and you even asked for him to have a real mid to compensate him lacking in other areas. So I don't wanna hear it. -_-
I couldn't agree more.

As far as I know the guys complaining about this "Darkseid downplay" don't even play the character (which is typical). Parademon set ups are not guarenteed. Send the "little running man out and teleport". Not how that works. All your opponent has to do is walk forward two inches and anything from teleport whiffs.

At that point all your left with is pain, because anything you throw out at that range at basically neutral is gonna get smashed.

The parademon stuff looks great on paper, but it's not as air tight as you think. At close range, only explody guy, or OH demon have the capacity to hit anything. At full screen the other stuff is easily dealt with by advancing forward slightly. Inches even. Or hell, just jump. His jump ins have 0 priority when compared to majority of the cast, and its Practically the only way he's ever going to initiate offense.

I'm not downplaying, in fact I think he is a great character. But let's not pretend like he doesn't have serious issues. So for those of you who think hes some top 5 monster... Please, just stop. Go to the lab. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself etc.