What's new

Let TYM Pick Your New Main Week 4 (October 21 to October 27th)

coolwhip

Noob
I did better than I thought with him. I was sent to losers right away losing 3-1 to mcnasty, but won once in losers against zigzag playing shang, then lost to XBLmindgames. Jax just seemed to fit my playstyle naturally.

In the corner, learn f413, then d1, then more stuff into ender of choice. This timing is sort of the gateway to his corner shenanigans. I found the infinite stuff with ex ground pound to be too much for online conditions, and too much for my 1 week of training (which was basically only a day). Keep it simple, end the combo in a way that sets you up for more opportunities rather than going for max damage and infinites.
Yeah, the corner combo I'm going for is f413, d1, 21, 21, 21 dash punch. Though as you said, this doesn't set up the ex ground pound infinite. However, considering I've now played Jax a total of 2 hours, I'll take it!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Yeah, the corner combo I'm going for is f413, d1, 21, 21, 21 dash punch. Though as you said, this doesn't set up the ex ground pound infinite. However, considering I've now played Jax a total of 2 hours, I'll take it!
That's whats fun about these tourneys, take what you can get, learn the stuff you need to be effective. Time management in what you choose to learn/experiment with is a key factor. A persons knowledge of the game as a whole can take over, that and how dirty they play and what they find to exploit. Its fun.

I do like the gotcha grab in the corner better than the dash punch though, it gives you more time for a ground pound/fake ground pound, or tea bagging or what ever you want to do during that time (Just kidding about the tea bagging of course) The dash punch is great for getting them to the corner though.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Ooops, I thought this was Sunday again. If its Saturday I can't do it :( I still want to learn my new main Raiden, and would play matches with folks during the week, and Sunday when I get home from being out of town.

zaf

professor
I want to play this time around.

I main ermac.
If i had a 2nd it would be raiden.

Any other character should be fine.

gogogogo

zaf

professor
vote for me too

So far this is what i got.

1-baraka.