Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Here are the requirements I think are objectively stupid:

Batman: 250 Epic gear sacrificed for Batman

Wonder Woman: 7000(sic) minutes played with Wonder Woman

Atrocitus: 3000 minutes played with Atrocitus

Swamp Thing: 250 Epic gear sacrificed for Swamp Thing

Blue Beetle: 5000 minutes played with Blue Beetle

They are already asking you to grind a fuck ton with the other requirements, but these are just lazy and egregiously tedious. 250 Epic gear for just one character is an insane amount, especially for something that is RNG and that it's a collection you've worked your ass of for.

This doesn't encourage playing and enjoying the game, it encourages grinding.
I don't think these time requirements are as unreasonable as you think. People routinely play these games for hundreds and hundreds of hours. I think I have something like 1000 hours for MKX between PC and PS4. 7000 min for WW is 116.66 hours which isn't anywhere close to the thousand I played MKX for. 3000 for Atrocitus sounds a lot more balanced but there are people playing the game enough to meet that kind of play demand and they do know how much people are playing the game. Like exact numbers and for what characters. It's not practical for everyone, but there is a player sample size out there that is doing this and they are probably the one's deserving of being "legendary."

In the case of WoWo, I think that probably is the amount of time it will take to meet some of the other stuff like 3 million damage, and the 200 multiverse completed requirements (I really like to know how many I had before this.)

The gear one seems anomalous because I don't think it's something that can be accomplished in that 7000 min at all or even twice that. Not the way it drops and I have no control over how it drops. It's a requirement I can't actually contribute to, that's up to the game. I think it tends to drop characters you have leveled up, but in my case I tried to level up every character with something like 13 at L20 and most others over 10. I get high end drops for most of the cast. I've gotten lots of epic gear over the last couple of days, just not who I need it for.

I don't know that I will seek out doing it or not. Seems like something you would work really hard at, and you could brag about for like 5 seconds before someone says "nobody even plays that game anymore." You could invest those hours into something that you could keep in life, or just throw it away on something pretty meaningless. I guess that's what games are, but man, this is probably about as hard as you can work for nothing.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Who actually thought 250 epic gear sacrafices was ok for a requirement?
I don't know. Maybe the thought process is that you don't have to be playing the character to make progress for it, and that if you meet it for one character, then you probably have it for all of them. You also get more of it now than before via it being easier to get the higher end boxes and via the multiverse payout adjustments so it may take less time that it would have before.

Still, It sure hurts to look at.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The 250 gear requirement is fine, this is something they're expecting you to take a while to get. You can't expect an epic gear requirement to get done in something like a week and they give you a bunch of ways to get epic gear anyway. If they're going to reduce it reduce it to like 200. The only requirement I'd tone down is the minutes played for a character, 5 days worth is too much especially since it'll take longer than 5 days to actually log that many hours AND you'd need to do it for eventually every character if you're one of those people.
In my opinion, if they dropped the Epic Gear Requirements from 250 to 50 ot 75 and the Minutes played to 600 or 720, I'd be completely set with the Legendary Multiverse, as I'm already past Batman and Blue Beetle's first towers. Asking for 250 EPIC pieces of Gear is insane, especially when you have to already spend 1,000,000 credits on the tower. 3000, 5000, 7000 minutes is literally over 3 days, 4 days, and a little less than 5 days of nonstop playing while IN A MATCH. Change these two requirements and Legendary Gear is fine. Pls NRS.

The only way I'd see Gear being fine is if the stats were like, +400 or +500 of every stat, or like 800 for every stat that said character needs. Like, Batman would get 800 Strength and 600 Ability Power, and like 200 Health and Defense.
I've already dropped at least 40 pieces for every char so 50 or 75 wouldn't take long at all.

And you've honestly done the first towers for both Batman AND Blue Beetle already? I'm gonna need to see a clip for proof of that

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
The 250 gear requirement is fine, this is something they're expecting you to take a while to get. You can't expect an epic gear requirement to get done in something like a week and they give you a bunch of ways to get epic gear anyway. If they're going to reduce it reduce it to like 200. The only requirement I'd tone down is the minutes played for a character, 5 days worth is too much especially since it'll take longer than 5 days to actually log that many hours AND you'd need to do it for eventually every character if you're one of those people.

I've already dropped at least 40 pieces for every char so 50 or 75 wouldn't take long at all.

And you've honestly done the first towers for both Batman AND Blue Beetle already? I'm gonna need to see a clip for proof of that
One my AI gets out of this Endless I'll send you both screenshots, unless you want me to do an actual clip proving it's me, which would take a while as I'd have to figure out how to actually do that.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
At any rate, I finished Blue Beetle's first tower last night and gave up when I saw that 5000 minute requirement and went to Batman since he doesn't have a minutes played requirement.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
One my AI gets out of this Endless I'll send you both screenshots, unless you want me to do an actual clip proving it's me, which would take a while as I'd have to figure out how to actually do that.
You screenshot pretty much the same way you make clips. Hold down the share button on PS4 iirc and it'll give you a pop-up menu with an option to save the clip or upload it (to youtube or other stuff)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I'm not sure I agree with the notion that "they expect you to do this eventually". I'm just looking at the recorded trophy stats on that ridiculous MK9 one that required you to play 24 hours with literally every character among other requirements and .7% of players actually got it. That's about 28,000 people, going off of this "closer to 4 million" figure https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/11/boon-mortal-kombat-9-sold-closer-4-million-units-3-likely-outperformed-vanilla-street-fighter-4/

Maybe it's their way of doing something like Halo 3's Recon Armor (I use 3 because that's when I stopped playing and I know Recon meant something then) where they don't want people to really have the Legendary stuff, so it's like a "woah dude, that guy is hardcore" when you see it. I just wish there was a better way to do it then "waste a million hours doing mindless nonsense"

fong03

Noob
In the case of WoWo, I think that probably is the amount of time it will take to meet some of the other stuff like 3 million damage, and the 200 multiverse completed requirements (I really like to know how many I had before this.)
I've completed Wonder Woman's first tower and have ~840,000/3 million damage and 162/200 multiverse events completed and only have 328/7,000 minutes. If one approaches the requirements strategically, I think they could probably be completed in around 1,000 minutes, excluding the epic gear of course. I think her 7,000 minutes should be lowered.

I find the epic gear requirement the most problematic, however. I can only speak to the WW towers, but all of the other requirements are simply extremely grind intensive. I know many players have a problem with them and I agree about some of them like the 7,000 minutes. I've played Final Fantasy XI for years and started back when the game had grinds for weapons and gear that would take months and months to complete. I never did them myself because I could not commit to those time sinks, but seeing the legendary requirements did not shock me. (We can of course question whether the rewards justify the effort of course.)

My issue with the epic gear sacrifices is that it relies heavily on RNG and is there just to pad the time requirements. There are towers that will reward you with epic gear for your characters, but they are not always available and you may have to wait weeks before the one you need is up. The shorter duration multiverses that award character specific gear are only up for a few hours and may be up during the day when people are working or at school.

The 250 number should be drastically lowered or they should implement a system that allows you to exchange Regen tokens and epic gear of other characters for a random epic gear for a character of your choosing. Something like 10 regen tokens and 5 epic gears for 1 new character specific epic piece.

As it stands, it feels like an incredible amount of effort for something that is really only a minor aspect of the game. Since each character is only getting 1 legendary piece, they could have at least offered 1-2 shaders as additional rewards that provide skins of iconic costumes for the characters or additional swaps. I could have gotten excited about a Donna Troy or Wonder Girl skin, but a piece of gear whose abilities/stats won't be in effect most of the time I play and only midly changes the appearance of the character? Not as much. I happened to be home the last few days and was able to AI a lof of this stuff while I worked on other things. I doubt I'll be motivated to continue once my schedule becomes busier.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
If they're not gonna decrease the requirements, can they least start counting all of our stuff for characters whose Legendary Multiverses aren't in the game yet? For example, if Doctor Fate has to have 1000 matches won, they could at the very least start counting those until his Legendary Multiverse comes around, because it's unfair to people like me whose mains aren't already in, and they come later and qe have to start from scratch, whereas someone who mains say Cheetah could already be done since theirs came out first.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
If they're not gonna decrease the requirements, can they least start counting all of our stuff for characters whose Legendary Multiverses aren't in the game yet? For example, if Doctor Fate has to have 1000 matches won, they could at the very least start counting those until his Legendary Multiverse comes around, because it's unfair to people like me whose mains aren't already in, and they come later and qe have to start from scratch, whereas someone who mains say Cheetah could already be done since theirs came out first.
I hope to shit they started already even if ours isn't out. Cuz I just sold 85 pieces of darkseid epics to make room for more.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm curious if that stuff counts too. I'm also wondering what happens to progress when the events cycle.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm honestly convinced that this whole legendary gear thing is just a meme and that there's actually no legendary gear. Those challenges are just ridiculous, why the fuck would ANYONE grind the game out for that long? The casuals who regularly play with gear sure as hell wouldn't, and the dedicated players don't care about gear.
I'm a casual who plays with gear and I'm 1/3rd through Cheetah already. It's a goofy grind, but it's been fun to check off the requirements.

That said, Cheetah doesn't have one of those '7000 minutes of play time as [character]' or whatever ones, which are insane. She just has a 3 million raw damage one.