What's new

Legendary Multiverse Help

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I have already put a shameful amount of time into this game and I have 25 pieces of epic gear for bane.
They want 250. I know I sound like a broken record with all of my complaining but for real, it's pretty dang ridiculous.
Nah as soon as I saw some of the requirements I knew I couldn't have been the only injustice player pissed off about this.

Reauxbot

Yea, requirements like "3000 minutes on Atrocitus" is garbage. That's 50 hours of actual matches with Atrocitus they want you to play. Not 50 hours of gameplay, 50 hours of actually being in a match with Atrocitus, when matches may not last more then two minutes. That's not asking people to play the game, that's asking them to grind it out in some bullshit manner. That and some of the other requirements are getting a lot of criticism.

I think legendary gear is a fantastic idea, but some of the requirements are just too much and hopefully the make them a bit easier.
I just can't put that kind of time into a character I don't even main, nor plan to main. Lol

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
If they just changed the minutes played requirement and made us able to sacrifice 250 epics that are NOT character specific it would be fine 4 me. That way the epic gear thing is not a luck based slot machine.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I'm cool with having a challenge, but only when the challenge is rewarding. 250 Epics just isn't worth 1 piece of Legendary Gear which has less desirable stats and probably looks worse than some Epic Gear I already have. They also just outright lied when they said it had the best stats in the game by far, that belt I linked combined to have like 850 points, while the Legendary Gear only has 700. If they made each stat be 300 for everyone, then that would make it a total of 1200, which is much more appealing in terms of the requirements they're asking of you.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I agree with Khrystopher about the stats thing, I mean only 100/200 per stat? The combined stats filter goes up to 4 thousand which made me think the Legendary Gear would have basically ten times the stats it actually does.
250 for one specific character. You have tbat may epics for one character? Cause I sure as hell don't.
Why are you expecting to have 250 right now? Why are you expecting to have any of the requirements done straight away? It's designed to take time, sacrificing 250 epic gear will obviously take time. Just because you don't have 250 right now doesn't mean you can't get or won't get it. They give you plenty of ways to get Epic gear through multiverse/boxes anyway, it's really no big deal. I mean several people have clearly managed to do it in a few days or a week so I don't see what the problem is. It's attainable.

Reauxbot

I agree with Khrystopher about the stats thing, I mean only 100/200 per stat? The combined stats filter goes up to 4 thousand which made me think the Legendary Gear would have basically ten times the stats it actually does.

Why are you expecting to have 250 right now? Why are you expecting to have any of the requirements done straight away? It's designed to take time, sacrificing 250 epic gear will obviously take time. Just because you don't have 250 right now doesn't mean you can't get or won't get it. They give you plenty of ways to get Epic gear through multiverse/boxes anyway, it's really no big deal. I mean several people have clearly managed to do it in a few days or a week so I don't see what the problem is. It's attainable.
Clearly missing the point...

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I'm cool with having a challenge, but only when the challenge is rewarding. 250 Epics just isn't worth 1 piece of Legendary Gear which has less desirable stats and probably looks worse than some Epic Gear I already have. They also just outright lied when they said it had the best stats in the game by far, that belt I linked combined to have like 850 points, while the Legendary Gear only has 700. If they made each stat be 300 for everyone, then that would make it a total of 1200, which is much more appealing in terms of the requirements they're asking of you.
I think it depends on the character. Unless they're planning on eventually introducing a legendary set for each character then I think that for some (most?) characters it would have made more sense to be more flexible about which piece of their kit was legendary gear. Sure, for some characters having it be the accessory slot makes sense but for some it definitely does not.

Uh.... maybe something has happened from the last update but.... for those of you trying to get and sell a lot of epic gear......

Why don't you scummy save?

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I think it depends on the character. Unless they're planning on eventually introducing a legendary set for each character then I think that for some (most?) characters it would have made more sense to be more flexible about which piece of their kit was legendary gear. Sure, for some characters having it be the accessory slot makes sense but for some it definitely does not.
I doesn't depend on the character. Bane, Cheetah, and Batman's Legendaries have come out and are all 200, 00, 200 10p

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I doesn't depend on the character. Bane, Cheetah, and Batman's Legendaries have come out and are all 200, 00, 200 10p
I probably should have clarified but I was responding to this part:
...probably looks worse than some Epic Gear I already have.
Which was why I was saying that for a lot of characters it would make sense to have something that's so hard to get be a part of the character model that's more visible.

Reauxbot

Thanks for the wholesome explanation as to what the point actually is then rather than replying with a passive-agressive blank statement.
You stated it yourself in your own word. Read your own post very carefully.
Logic also tells me that reading my OP would explain why as well.

Reauxbot

Why are we not able to see how the legendary gear looks before doing all this stupid shit?
Cause then you wouldn't play it if you knew the item was trash.
Pretty much gamble with your time lol
That being said it's another reason I'm not ok with 250 epics for ONE SOLO GEAR that might be lame anyways.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Clearly I'm grinding wrong considering I'm nowhere near that even though I'm playing all the time, oh well. I'll get there at some point.
Well I guess I can pass on my personal tips.

1. AI is your best friend for all types of damage dealt/enemies defeated types of things. Just let it (or yourself) run through Endless Towers while you're doing other stuff. However thus particular requirement took me a while, though boss missions that you can repeat might work, though I've personally never done it that way. I have my AI set to 30 combos and counters, and it normally ends quite a few matches in a counter parry, at least enough for me to notice it.
(Also, if you chose to use AI, equip it with Dual Batarang. That way it can't waste meter constantly meterburning it.)

2. Epic Gear is probably your main priority here, and if so, try talking to Stanlos who is somewhere in this thread or the First Legendary Gear discovered is for thread. I was accepted into his clan, and there are 2 buffs the clan has active; Rarity and Double Drops. The Rarity Buff increases the drop chance of Gear when you finish a match, and it is amazing. The majority of the 57 Gear I donated to the Epics sacrificed pool are Epics that I got yesterday by playing either in Guild Multiverse or Endless AI. It is a massive help and it will really help to get those Epics. As I said, I joined his clan yesterday and not even a full 24 hours later I have 50 Epics for Batman, and that doesn't even include the ones I decided to keep, which is about 20, or all the breaks to eat, go out, etc. They won't drop like candy, but it will certainly be a much more noticeable impact. Plus you'll get other Gear which you can sell to get credit to buy Motherboxes. (During my time typing this particular paragraph I got 2 Epic Batman pieces)

The second buff gives you a chance to double your Motherbox rewards. For example, if you do a tower which will give you a Diamond Motherbox and a piece of Gear, you will have a chance to get 2 Diamond Motherboxes instead of 1. Not only that, but the Multiverse complete can give you additional Motherboxes as well. If it normally would give you 3 Platinum Motherboxes, you have chance to get 4 instead. (I've not gotten 5 or 6, but I've only come across those Multiverses like 2 or 3 times so who knows. Also just got another Batman Epic.) Those Motherboxes can drop more Epic Gear and more credits, and you get the point lol.

So like I said, talk to Stanlos, help in the Guild Multiverse, and you're golden. Just make sure you play with the character you need Epics for. The Gold Motherboxes for Guilds will sort itself out if you do enough Guild Multiverse and are active. I personally am at 61/100 so I'm getting there lol.

3. Multiverse Events completed is relatively simple, I'm under the impression you can simply put the AI to work on the easy 5 fight towers, or some of the Multiverse 3 fight towers, as well as bosses. (If you needed help with that particular requirement, 75 Bosses, just clear out one of rhe top right Multiverses that always has a boss as the final battle. You can redo it, and that's the way I got my 75 Boss Battles with Batman. You could also stop at, say 50, because you'll have done the other 25 by the time you reach 250 Epics, and if you haven't, no harm, no foul, they're really easy to do anyways.) That one is moreso time consuming than it is hard, so that'll sort itself out.

I hope this helps you and others in this thread in any way!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The requirements are absurd. Also, what you get isn't even that great visually. All the accessory pieces (for the most part) are the least interesting piece of gear looks-wise. Wow, that Batman belt looks.....just like all the other fucking belts.

Bane is up right now and I thought about what would make it worth it to me. Basically, if it gave:

- Exclusive legendary shader not attainable anywhere but the legendary multiverse

- An ENTIRE gear set of legendary items that together form a new skin not already in the game (i.e. Knightfall Bane)

- Exclusive hero card set not attainable anywhere but the legendary multiverse

I don't think this is asking much at all. I can't imagine how much you'd have to hate your life to want to put that kind of time into getting an item no one will notice with a perk that no one will care about.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
The requirements are absurd. Also, what you get isn't even that great visually. All the accessory pieces (for the most part) are the least interesting piece of gear looks-wise. Wow, that Batman belt looks.....just like all the other fucking belts.

Bane is up right now and I thought about what would make it worth it to me. Basically, if it gave:

- Exclusive legendary shader not attainable anywhere but the legendary multiverse

- An ENTIRE gear set of legendary items that together form a new skin not already in the game (i.e. Knightfall Bane)

- Exclusive hero card set not attainable anywhere but the legendary multiverse

I don't think this is asking much at all. I can't imagine how much you'd have to hate your life to want to put that kind of time into getting an item no one will notice with a perk that no one will care about.
I think eventually we will get a full Legendary sets. I mean, there's the option to Bulk Sell Legendary Gear, and I don't think they would've wasted time making that option if you only have 1 Legendary ever possible to sell. I think they just wanted to get the idea out there a couple of months after the game dropped because I think people including myself would be even more pissed if they had waited until everyone's full Legendary Multiverse and Sets were completed, because that would've been like May of 2018, and MKXI would be around the revealing point at that time. So who knows.

I think eventually we will get a full Legendary sets.
If we get like 7-10 new legendaries a month, it will litteraly take YEARS to get a full set. Also, if the requirements stay the same, the amount of time needed to actually get them will be beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
If we get like 7-10 new legendaries a month, it will litteraly take YEARS to get a full set. Also, if the requirements stay the same, the amount of time needed to actually get them will be beyond ridiculous.
My point is that I think there might just be the accessories right now, but there will be new towers added to preexisting towers once all of the accessories are fone. Besides, I'm sure they already have most of the Gear drawn and designed, but patching it in and sculpting it, etc. is what's taking up the majority of the time. Kind of like in MKX with the Kombat Kasts; they directly showed the character roster which had certain characters on it, but they didn't actually reveal them till later. They did this with lots of characters. And they're also probably trying to pull this thing along, by releasing them in batches at a time, people may check back in to see if their main has a good Gear piece that they can try for. I know I personally will be doing it when Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Doctor Fate, Starfire, Poison Ivy etc. have their Legendary Multiverses patched in. Also, they did say that there would be a new set of 7 with each patch, so in December every non-DLC character should have theirs, and in January there would only be 3 left to patch in if they decide to only do 7 exactly each patch, which they might change. And also, they might have balance patches in which they don't really add a new DLC character, just new Legendary Gear Multiverses. Maybe somewhere along the way they'll just add in the other Legendary pieces and each tower will have its own Legendary pieces associated with it. You never know.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well I guess I can pass on my personal tips.

1. AI is your best friend for all types of damage dealt/enemies defeated types of things. Just let it (or yourself) run through Endless Towers while you're doing other stuff. However thus particular requirement took me a while, though boss missions that you can repeat might work, though I've personally never done it that way. I have my AI set to 30 combos and counters, and it normally ends quite a few matches in a counter parry, at least enough for me to notice it.
(Also, if you chose to use AI, equip it with Dual Batarang. That way it can't waste meter constantly meterburning it.)

2. Epic Gear is probably your main priority here, and if so, try talking to Stanlos who is somewhere in this thread or the First Legendary Gear discovered is for thread. I was accepted into his clan, and there are 2 buffs the clan has active; Rarity and Double Drops. The Rarity Buff increases the drop chance of Gear when you finish a match, and it is amazing. The majority of the 57 Gear I donated to the Epics sacrificed pool are Epics that I got yesterday by playing either in Guild Multiverse or Endless AI. It is a massive help and it will really help to get those Epics. As I said, I joined his clan yesterday and not even a full 24 hours later I have 50 Epics for Batman, and that doesn't even include the ones I decided to keep, which is about 20, or all the breaks to eat, go out, etc. They won't drop like candy, but it will certainly be a much more noticeable impact. Plus you'll get other Gear which you can sell to get credit to buy Motherboxes. (During my time typing this particular paragraph I got 2 Epic Batman pieces)

The second buff gives you a chance to double your Motherbox rewards. For example, if you do a tower which will give you a Diamond Motherbox and a piece of Gear, you will have a chance to get 2 Diamond Motherboxes instead of 1. Not only that, but the Multiverse complete can give you additional Motherboxes as well. If it normally would give you 3 Platinum Motherboxes, you have chance to get 4 instead. (I've not gotten 5 or 6, but I've only come across those Multiverses like 2 or 3 times so who knows. Also just got another Batman Epic.) Those Motherboxes can drop more Epic Gear and more credits, and you get the point lol.

So like I said, talk to Stanlos, help in the Guild Multiverse, and you're golden. Just make sure you play with the character you need Epics for. The Gold Motherboxes for Guilds will sort itself out if you do enough Guild Multiverse and are active. I personally am at 61/100 so I'm getting there lol.

3. Multiverse Events completed is relatively simple, I'm under the impression you can simply put the AI to work on the easy 5 fight towers, or some of the Multiverse 3 fight towers, as well as bosses. (If you needed help with that particular requirement, 75 Bosses, just clear out one of rhe top right Multiverses that always has a boss as the final battle. You can redo it, and that's the way I got my 75 Boss Battles with Batman. You could also stop at, say 50, because you'll have done the other 25 by the time you reach 250 Epics, and if you haven't, no harm, no foul, they're really easy to do anyways.) That one is moreso time consuming than it is hard, so that'll sort itself out.

I hope this helps you and others in this thread in any way!
Ah see all this Guild shit, I'm not part of a Guild yet lol