What's new

Legacy Season II Impressions

Finished watching the series, and man Lui Kang was definitely the MVP of the series, frigging godlike character (reminds me a lot like Jin Kazama, but I'm cool with that). The subzero/scorpion background was very good as well. Best scene for me was when Shang Tsung (Also godlike) and Lui Kang were having that conversation, really good voice acting there (favorite scene as well).

Lui Kazama :D

Wasn't feeling Johnny too much, and Stryker and Raiden were meh, but I'm pretty sure they will grow more in season 3. Still a very good series for a low budget, can't wait for the next season.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Finished watching the series, and man Lui Kang was definitely the MVP of the series, frigging godlike character (reminds me a lot like Jin Kazama, but I'm cool with that). The subzero/scorpion background was very good as well. Best scene for me was when Shang Tsung (Also godlike) and Lui Kang were having that conversation, really good voice acting there (favorite scene as well).

Lui Kazama :D

Wasn't feeling Johnny too much, and Stryker and Raiden were meh, but I'm pretty sure they will grow more in season 3. Still a very good series for a low budget, can't wait for the next season.
actually, this liu kang reminds me of someone else, but i can't quite put my finger on it....hmmmmmm.

Turning their back on humanity? Becomming one of the bad guys? Hmmmmm....Nope i got nothing

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Personally overall I thought season 2 was better than season 1. The re-imagining of the storyline was very good. I liked how they tied Ermac into Kenshi's story, & I love the new Liu Kang. The redone Scorpion/Sub-Zero storyline was fantastic as well. I know season 2 didn't have any jawdropping moments that matched the Sektor & Cyrax portion of season 1, but overall I enjoyed it a bit more (despite being a fan of both seasons). I don't think the special effects were bad overall either...the worst special effect was probably the green tentacle holding Kenshi down. They did a great job on the other special effects like Scorp's teleport, Kenshi's shoulder, Mileena's teeth, & all the fatalities.

I can't wait to see season 3!

zaf

professor
Personally overall I thought season 2 was better than season 1. The re-imagining of the storyline was very good. I liked how they tied Ermac into Kenshi's story, & I love the new Liu Kang. The redone Scorpion/Sub-Zero storyline was fantastic as well. I know season 2 didn't have any jawdropping moments that matched the Sektor & Cyrax portion of season 1, but overall I enjoyed it a bit more (despite being a fan of both seasons). I don't think the special effects were bad overall either...the worst special effect was probably the green tentacle holding Kenshi down. They did a great job on the other special effects like Scorp's teleport, Kenshi's shoulder, Mileena's teeth, & all the fatalities.

I can't wait to see season 3!
what didnt you like about ermacs soul tentacles?
for some reason this seems to be something most people do not like.
as an mk9 ermac main and having him as my favorite character, i really did not mind it.

Axel_Redd

as an mk9 ermac main and having him as my favorite character, i really did not mind it.
other people have said this and i kinda agree, ermac looked more like an extra from lord of the rings than an MK character >.>...

zaf

professor
other people have said this and i kinda agree, ermac looked more like an extra from lord of the rings than an MK character >.>...

In this installment, he is not the same ermac that we are used to.
He is in fact a demon that was created to guard a sword and fight whoever tried to lay claims to it.
If he looked like an extra from lord of the rings, then that is awesome.
He is a demon in this web series, not a body holding 10,000 souls. Although the souls he takes becomes a part of him, he is still a new ermac.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
The part where they initially wrap around Kenshi's feet & neck (from 5:59 - 6:03)...they look cheesy there for some reason. Afterward when Kenshi is reaching for his sword, the tentacles have a more ghostly transparent look, which looks much better. It's just those initial couple of seconds where it looks bad....that's all.

zaf

professor
The part where they initially wrap around Kenshi's feet & neck (from 5:59 - 6:03)...they look cheesy there for some reason. Afterward when Kenshi is reaching for his sword, the tentacles have a more ghostly transparent look, which looks much better. It's just those initial couple of seconds where it looks bad....that's all.

Okay so it is just more of an aesthetic look to it then? Like the actual effects themselves?

I was hoping Liu said something about special effects to Cage.
I thought it as pretty awesome overall. Kenshi was fucking boss. Same with Liu and Hanzo. They probably could have gone with less back story and more fighting and stuff, but then again not everyone knows why they do what they do in this.

Renegade Liu was fucking awesome and I can't wait to see more of him.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Best Fight Scene: Liu vs Thugs and Kenshi vs Ermac. Scorp vs Sub is nothing but lol, good fatality but it's Sub's fatality, i know in MKD Scorp had it but Boon and people should stop giving Scorp every cool thing lol. And yeah, Sub's costume is stupid. And they killed Kuai Liang >.> ...
Best story: Liu Kang and Kung Lao. poor Liu just wanted some bromance ;___; .
Best scene: Cage running and Liu-Shang conversation.
People should remember that this is a low budget web series, not a 2 times golden globe winner tv series lol. Overall season 2 is good.
And why the fuck is Stryker doing here??? "each one of you has a secret natural ability", yeah, Stryker doesn't have it, no shit why he needs his guns. "Stun gun, srsly?"

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Best Fight Scene: Liu vs Thugs and Kenshi vs Ermac. Scorp vs Sub is nothing but lol, good fatality but it's Sub's fatality, i know in MKD Scorp had it but Boon and people should stop giving Scorp every cool thing lol. And yeah, Sub's costume is stupid. And they killed Kuai Liang >.> ...
Best story: Liu Kang and Kung Lao. poor Liu just wanted some bromance ;___; .
Best scene: Cage running and Liu-Shang conversation.
People should remember that this is a low budget web series, not a 2 times golden globe winner tv series lol. Overall season 2 is good.
And why the fuck is Stryker doing here??? "each one of you has a secret natural ability", yeah, Stryker doesn't have it, no shit why he needs his guns. "Stun gun, srsly?"
stryker can grow a beard quicker than any other man.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
I dont know WHY ermac is looking like a zombie.... He represented the colour RED in the games.
Now he represents black without a mask ?...

Anyway the only thing I like about legacy 2 is Scorpion vs Sub Zero and bad ass Lui Kang.... Or Jin..... Or Kazuya.

VOR

Noob
Wow, i thought i was the only one who thought it just sucked until now. What happened to the uncompromising, soulful, and delightfully cheesy mk of the 90's?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
+Kenshi's little kata movement before destroying Ermac was fucking fabulous
+Kenshi in general
+Kung Lao and Liu Kang's relationship is believable and well acted
+Kitana's fatality on Mileena.
+Scorpion and Sub-Zero's story was well done. Loved the whole truce thing.
+No shitty dubstep.

-Raiden's actor is way too damn boring. Total opposite from season 1.
-Stryker lacks any sort of depth whatsoever.
-Sub-Zero's and Ermac's costume is fucking stupid.

Overall I thought it was quite good. This is the best treatment that the MK lore has ever received despite its flaws.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
+Kenshi's little kata movement before destroying Ermac was fucking fabulous
+Kenshi in general
+Kung Lao and Liu Kang's relationship is believable and well acted
+Kitana's fatality on Mileena.
+Scorpion and Sub-Zero's story was well done. Loved the whole truce thing.
+No shitty dubstep.

-Raiden's actor is way too damn boring. Total opposite from season 1.
-Stryker lacks any sort of depth whatsoever.
-Sub-Zero's and Ermac's costume is fucking stupid.

Overall I thought it was quite good. This is the best treatment that the MK lore has ever received despite its flaws.
I agree with you, I just finished it. I enjoyed it alot.

but, haters gonna hate. I can't wait for more!!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I was skeptical when i first saw Ermac's appearance but when i saw the series i was really impressed. The way Ermac was portrayed was perfect imo, plus that voice... Liu Kang stole the show i believe. His dialogue with ST at the restaurant was perfect and we got to see a more human side of the champion of MK. Me likes. Kenshi was great as well. The fight between Scorpion and SZ was great.

Kitana and Mileena were hot. The JC-Mileena scene was fun as hell. Although i would have loved to see JC doing the nut breaker on Mileena :p

Imo it needed more Shang Tsung and Raiden and as it was said above, why hire Mark if he is not going to fight at all... The only thing i didnt like was SZ's costume and how the season ended. It was too sudden.

The lines were cheesy but good. For example JC saying "i ll make this look easy" (check his intro in MK9 he says the same thing).

For a web series it was pretty good. I am looking forward for s3 or a movie.

Watched the whole series twice over the past 2 days. Here's my impressions:

Pros:
- The Kang/Lao storyline and relationiship was the highlight of the series. Both actors were great and I really liked the fact that KT changed the OG story, making Liu Kang a bad guy (at least temporarily)
- The Scorpion/ Sub-Zero storyline. I really enjoyed it in the first season and it is great here as well. KT once more altered the story making the Lin Kuei a japanese clan so that Hanzo and Bi Han could be childhoold friends. I also loved that Ian Anthony Dale reprised the role and the new Sub- Zero actor was pretty good as well
- The Shang Tsung and Johnny Cage recasts. Shang should have had long hair and a beard though
- Kenshi. Great actor and awesome backstory
- Special moves and fatalities. Great way to pay tribute to the fans, everything was executed perfectly. Scorpion should have used the Toasty fatality though
-The fight choreography. Despite being inferior to season 1 it was still top notch. No wonder since it's KT's field of expertise
- The musical score

Cons:
- The Raiden actor. Guy didn't even try, he was terrible and I am glad they didn't feature him much.
- No Sonya, Jax, Kano. They were in season 1 and are supposed to take part in the first MK tournament (at least Sonya and Kano) according to the OG storyline. Pretty sure we didn't see them due to budget constraints
-The whole series should have been a tournament. Not The Hunger Games MK edition-
-Some of the outfits and appereances. Ermac looking like an orc from LOTR and Sub's awful Moto-X suit
-Both Sub-Zeros getting killed. This shouldn't have happened. Pretty much eliminates Sub-Zero's presence in future seasons. Only Noob Saibot may happen
-A lot of cheesy lines and random quotes from the games thrown for no reason.
-Stryker's filler role. He shouldn't have been in this season at all. They should have used someone more relevant

Overall I'd say S2 is not as good as S1 (which I absolutely loved). S1 had better writing and acting, also the fact that it was focused on origin stories made it easier to translate into a web mini series. S2 felt rushed at times because of it trying to p0rtray a major event like the 1st MK tournament in 10 6-7 minute episodes, also the small budget didn't help.

However, I'm pretty sure KT did his best and I'm really looking forward to all his future MK projects. As a true MK fan he is the only one that can do the series justice at this time.

zaf

professor
I still do not understand people's response to ermac.
Im not repeating myself cuz I live ermac, it is just that this is a new ermac with a new depiction.
He is a demon. A demon. What do you want him to look like?

The way he fights is even so ......unorthodox.... Not very natural movement. Not human like at all. I think the actor did a great job of making him very believable.

Axel_Redd

I still do not understand people's response to ermac.
Im not repeating myself cuz I live ermac, it is just that this is a new ermac with a new depiction.
He is a demon. A demon. What do you want him to look like?

The way he fights is even so ......unorthodox.... Not very natural movement. Not human like at all. I think the actor did a great job of making him very believable.
they coulda kept his face wrapped up at least....or something.