What's new

Leaving A Match If You Know You Lost

At this point I'm in favor of the series ditching Fatalities forever and just staying with brutalities.

Buuuut I definitely don't like the idea of a "peace out and quit" option. At least not while they're an annoying-but-manageable length unlike KI3's ludicrous 1+ minute Ultra Combos.

trufenix

bye felicia
I was joking around before, but its actually kinda sad reading this thread when fatalities are literally the series defining trait.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
One of the worst feelings for me is after a loss, just sitting there and having to stew
That’s the whole point of finishers, since MK1. It’s built for the winner to salt the wound, and the loser to sit there and endure it. It adds to the mind games. I love it.

some of y'all act like there should be mandatory fatalities every match. i love fatals and i'm contempt with doing them in towers and thing but online i'm trying to get to the next match and i'm sure the opponent is too

So I find myself at a bit of a crossroads. I don't want to seem like an asshole but at the same time, I don't want to sit here and wait for a fatal or the victory screen and the rewards. Since you still take the loss and everyone still gets their points, I see no problem with it. It feels like there is a bit of a stigma, that if you leave before everything has played out you are doing it out of anger or rage. I feel no obligation to sit here and let you do whatever it is your gonna do, I just want to move on.

Most games have an option to concede if you know you can't win or have already lost, and I have wanted more fighting games to implement this. One of the worst feelings for me is after a loss, just sitting there and having to stew, it puts me in a bad mindset and just kills my motivation to play more. Luckily MK matches you up pretty quickly, so my time between games is pretty short.

I know how this makes me look but I just wanted to get this off my chest, thanks for reading.
My advice is if you dont like watching their win screen/ fatality, then don't lose

Watching those are part of losing in this game, so don't be a sore loser and just finish the match

sars

Noob
You have to be a real douchbag, like talking trash for me to fatality you. I want to move on to the next game and I think it makes people feel better. I don’t care if people fatality me though. I’ll wait the 10 seconds, you deserved it.

If you use the quit function in game I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as it gives the points

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
You have to be a real douchbag, like talking trash for me to fatality you. I want to move on to the next game and I think it makes people feel better. I don’t care if people fatality me though. I’ll wait the 10 seconds, you deserved it.

If you use the quit function in game I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as it gives the points
In older MK’s, like the classics, fatalities are sooo much quicker. Exactly like brutalities. Also have waaaaay less time to do them. If Fatalities were as quick as brutals I wouldn’t care and I would do them all the time. But the fact that you have so long to do Fatals AND they take so damn long, I hardly ever do them anymore.

sars

Noob
In older MK’s, like the classics, fatalities are sooo much quicker. Exactly like brutalities. Also have waaaaay less time to do them. If Fatalities were as quick as brutals I wouldn’t care and I would do them all the time. But the fact that you have so long to do Fatals AND they take so damn long, I hardly ever do them anymore.
Yeah they were. Also I figure the faster I hit them the less time they have to quit lol.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I don't want to seem like an asshole but at the same time, I don't want to sit here and wait for a fatal or the victory screen and the rewards. Since you still take the loss and everyone still gets their points, I see no problem with it.
Fuck other people. It is a game.. play it and have fun.

The points system, as you say, accounts for people quitting early.. so if you want to do it.. it makes s 100% no difference to the other player's stats. You want to rage quit, or quit out before a fatality happens you have seen a zillion times.. then do it.

Do whatever you like, it's your game, not theirs.. it is your life.

You are not responsible for them having fun and you owe them nothing.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This. If you lose, your opponent earned those 5 or so seconds. Quitting out isn't going to save you enough time to justify it that way. Take your L with grace, you know?
Hard disagree. People saying "just wait the 10-20 seconds" to let the fatal blow animation play out, and then sit through a fatality. No thank you. The match connection wait is already an eternity (Ft2 made this much worse). So, no. I'm gonna play 30 matches tonight. 30 x 10sec = a whole 5 minutes of my time wasted. Not interested. NEXT

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Ranked should only have brutalities imo. And fatality input time should be way shorter, ala mk2/umk3.

On other hand I have been quite lucky with my opponents. Most of m just jab or sweep at the end of the match.