What's new

League of Legends Thread

SZSR

Noob
Considering I've seen the much needed buff support got (I play mid/support/newbie top), I can see why junglers were free the past two days.
How do you feel about the HoG removal and the addition of sightstone BTW? I play more support than any other lane role (I play Jungle/Support/Mid and then can't CS for crap). I haven't been able to play any real games as Support since i've been trying to re-optimize my jungle.

Do you still buy a few wards and do you still go Aegis since they changed its build(according to a few of my friends, it kinda got nerfed by needing that Emblem of Valor)?

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
How do you feel about the HoG removal and the addition of sightstone BTW? I play more support than any other lane role (I play Jungle/Support/Mid and then can't CS for crap). I haven't been able to play any real games as Support since i've been trying to re-optimize my jungle.

Do you still buy a few wards and do you still go Aegis since they changed its build(according to a few of my friends, it kinda got nerfed by needing that Emblem of Valor)?
The sightstone is godlike. It essentially allows you to build other items since it restocks wards everytime you return to base. I was able to actually build a bit of team AP for once.

SZSR

Noob
The sightstone is godlike. It essentially allows you to build other items since it restocks wards everytime you return to base. I was able to actually build a bit of team AP for once.
Do you go like Sightstone -> Philo -> Boots -> Kage's for your build order?

And what Masteries are you using now for them?

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
I play Zyra.

My build is

Farie Charm, regular wards, health potions > Once I get the philostone I work towards the sight stone. > After the sight stone, I try and decide if upgrading for the extra health is worth it or should I get my first true support item. (It also depends on if my ADC can actually kill minions since I'll be an aggressive support if he's not taking advantage of it or if the other team has two guys fighting for minion kills.)

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
mk gamma

Trying to work on top, ADC and Jungle so I can have the full gambit but for now I'm mid/support

I mostly do Summoners Rift and Twisting Treeline

My favorite character by far is Rumble

I also play:

- Corki
- Draven
- Rammus

I usually play Top-Solo or ADC bot.

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
Mid: Anivia, Zyra, Morgana
Support: Morgana, Zyra, Nami (TBD)
Top: Jarvin, Darius
Jungle: Diana
ADC: Ezreal (The lazy choice)

Prefer summoner's rift since it isn't as restricted as treeline is.

SZSR

Noob
Summoner name: Subzerosmokerain

Mid: Malzahar
Jungle: Maokai, Xin Zhao, Shen
Top: None...
ADC: Caitlyn, MF, Vayne
Support: Taric, Sona, Soraka, Nunu

AYSAMO

Noob
I usually jungle cuz everyone else is ass at it and throws games when they don't know how. I can play any role any champ really.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm pro, I got gold in season 1

add pimpimjim, and beware of his coveted ap gangplank

Reedoms

Noob
My favorite character by far is Rumble

I also play:

- Corki
- Draven
- Rammus

I usually play Top-Solo or ADC bot.
League of Draven and Rumble have been my two favorite guys to play next to Viktor.
I'm starting to play AD Sion again with the new items. He might actually be viable now.

add pimpimjim, and beware of his coveted ap gangplank
AP Tankplank is the best top laner in the game. Nothing compares to those massive heals.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I play Morgana and Janna, where ever im needed most, and if nobody needs me i just go mid with either and stop the opponent mid getting CS and have the most competent player on the team constantly come to gank them. Seems to work as 90% of players are terribad.

If any one plays on EU West drop me a tag here and we can play!

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
yo, I just downloaded this game, seems tight. I'm total free, as I've never played, but send me a friend request if you want. my tag is ExTX.

where should I start in regards to learning to play? anything I should know? I'm looking to play Nocturne, Xerath, and Zed because they seem the coolest to me. anything I should know about them?

yo, I just downloaded this game, seems tight. I'm total free, as I've never played, but send me a friend request if you want. my tag is ExTX.

where should I start in regards to learning to play? anything I should know? I'm looking to play Nocturne, Xerath, and Zed because they seem the coolest to me. anything I should know about them?
Know how to play your roles in 5v5.

In general, there are 5 roles in the game that comprise of a 5 man team.

- Top Lane (Generally Solo)
- Mid Lane (Solo)
- Bot Lane (Duo) - AD Carry and Support
- Jungler (Solo)

Different characters are better in specific lanes/roles, try to cater to this as your team composition.

Most teams want a good balance of AD (Attack Damage) and AP (Magic) damage, so that it is more difficult to counter your build.

ex: A heavy AD team that relies on Auto-Attack for damage can be countered with:

- Armor
- Thornmail (Returns damage)
- Life-Steal
- Snares

You get the idea.

Nocturne is a good Jungler (floater/ganker, kills stuff in jungle and assists lanes with gank early game).

Xerath, imo is kind of mediocre. I've seen him mostly played as a mid-character. I believe he is generally built as an AP character.

Zed is new, I don't know much about him. I believe he is played as a jungler.

My suggestion would be to pick a character you like, learn a specific role and get good at that role until you're good at it.

Nocturne is tight, build him like an AD character.

Important Items:

- Phantom Dancer
- Blood Thirster
- Infinity Edge

Stuff like that (Life Steal, Crit, Armor Penetration, Attack Speed, Movement Speed).

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
Worst feeling ever when you destroy your opponent in lane but he gets kills elsewhere. Fed Kat is never fun. :(

Edit: Any thoughts on Nami?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
what exactly do you mean by "jungler" and by kill stuff in the jungle do you mean like that dragons and shit that just kinda hang out? and by "gank" do you jump in the middle of a battle, and "gank" kills? and I'm guessing that would be easy since I'm jungleing?

sorry for the dumb questions, I wanna have a general idea before I jump into this game, and have some 12 year olds call me a noob lol. is there a TYM of LOL, so I don't have to bombard you with a 1000 questions?

what exactly do you mean by "jungler" and by kill stuff in the jungle do you mean like that dragons and shit that just kinda hang out? and by "gank" do you jump in the middle of a battle, and "gank" kills? and I'm guessing that would be easy since I'm jungleing?

sorry for the dumb questions, I wanna have a general idea before I jump into this game, and have some 12 year olds call me a noob lol. is there a TYM of LOL, so I don't have to bombard you with a 1000 questions?
Lol, no worries man funny post.

Jungling is all of the center areas that are not lanes.

Each side has the following jungle groups:

- Wolves (Easy to kill, use for gold)
- Wraiths (Easy to kill, use for gold)
- Golem (Blue Buff (Energy Regen Buff, Cooldown Reduction))
- Lizard (Red Buff (Health Regen Buff, Attack Damage Increase))
- Small Golems (Easy to kill, use for gold)

If you're playing the jungle role, throughout the game you will be making money by killing these groups. As and AD (Nocturne) character, it will be more beneficial to you to get the Red Buff prior to getting the Blue Buff.

As you are moving around in these areas you are able to close in on specific lanes. If you pay attention to the mini-map, and you notice that an enemy is over-extending, you can assist a lane with your damage by closing in on them, providing snares and extra damage to potentially seal a kill.

What I mean by gank is simply that concept, that you are more-or-less acting as a floater character that is moving around the map assisting where you recognize you're needed.

If you are completely new to the game, I would probably recommend playing in one of the lanes (some people are more comfortable in bot lane since you have 2 people there typically).

I mostly learned the game in the top lane (solo-top with Rumble).

Get good at movement, know how to space yourself appropriately and learn what different characters are capable of (you'll learn as you play).

If you are playing a lane role, the concept of last hitting minions is very important.

The general idea in laning is that you don't want to push a wave of minions too far to make yourself susceptible to being ganked. When you 'last hit' a minion, you get gold for killing it. In general, you will want your minions to do a majority of the damage to an enemy minion. When you identify specific minions that are low, you will attack it right before it dies (so that you kill it), which gives you a gold advantage.

In general, you win games by controlling economy (having more gold/better items than the other team).

There is also Dragon and Baron (Spawns at 15 minutes). When Dragon is killed, all of your allies gain 200 gold (1000 total). When Baron is killed all of your allies gain 400 gold (2000 total). These are generally more difficult to kill, and require somewhat of a team effort/controlled push.

Anyway, if you have more questions I don't mind answering them. Keep playing, you'll get better as you get more xp.

Reedoms

Noob
Worst feeling ever when you destroy your opponent in lane but he gets kills elsewhere. Fed Kat is never fun. :(

Edit: Any thoughts on Nami?
Katarina is just no fun in general. She kills one person in a team fight and suddenly everyone is dead and she got a Quad.

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
:p I'm loving the sight stone. I actually have a chance to add ability power as a support for once.