What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Lao Wakeup options

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, it seems our wakeup option sucks, how are you guys dealing with?
I personally thing doing ex tps on wake up only if i'm cornered, it works at some point with tele 4 only and in some cases tele 3 or tele grab.

But midscreen, if you delay your wakeup or short delay it, you can still meterless spin ppl trying to mix you up with meaties, but still not as good as wakeup armor would be.

Question is, do you think Lao ex TP is good as a wakeup option?

MK_Al

Noob
- read the title
- came in here expecting an empty thread

Anyways; I usually switch between wu backdash and long/short wu and block. if I see that my oponent has no meaty setup I dare to go for normal spin. When cornered I sometimes go for tp into ex-throw or OH (it seems to me that tp works better here, but I haven't actually labed it).
What sometimes does work midscreen is to ex tp on wu without pressing a button - just for the sake of being neutral again. Not the best choice, but better than pressing a button and being minus (depends on your opponents string/normal ofc).
The bottom line is that you have to observe your opponents go-to setups.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Lao not being able to spin is super weird
yes it is. This is one of the things i meant when i characters were built for the previous version of the game. now we got a lot of characters that have to wake up block.

Honestly they should make teleport instant 3 0 on block or something.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Just wake up block and look for a chance to counterpoke is how ive been playing. Teleport 3 and spin have their uses as well.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Wakeup block isnt a go to all the time. Against Kitana I absolutely love when Lao simply wakeup blocks. He lets me keep momentum.

So let me ask what is armored wakeup option (s). Cause I've played Laos that wakeup hatspin, toss, etc

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Its what I've been talking about since day one. What should have been done is 2x armor on spin with knock down instead of luncher with lets say 14-16% damage. Or really good tracking teleport.

omooba

fear the moobs
basically just don't wake up midscreen only wake up in corner in which case your oponnent risks 41% two bars

N00B

Noob
just make Kung Lao simply de one of de best hand to hand fighter in de gameplay too, i mean give him more fast usefull normals for almost every situations how he is supposed to be and a weak wake up, lack of mix ups would make sense.
Give him de full complect of fast usefull effective normals in de standing up for almost every situtions: make s1 6 fr, f1 8 fr -5 on block can be canceling into spin and orb hat, b3 13 fr, f3 15 fr -8, f4 13 fr -6, and just in case nerf some of his specials: make spin and ex spin in all var. 10 fr, divekick 13 fr, low hat +10 on hit, orb hat -5 on block. That's how Lao's desighn is supposed to be, weaker specials, more options in standing up striking, more fast usefull normals for almost every situations. That's makes sense and trust me he would be more fun to play and more cool.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

just make Kung Lao simply de one of de best hand to hand fighter in de gameplay too, i mean give him more fast usefull normals for almost every situations how he is supposed to be and a weak wake would make sense.
Give him de full complect of fast usefull effective normals in de standing up for almost every situtions like 6 fr s1, 8-9 fr f1 -5 can be canceling into spin and orb hat, 13 fr b3, 15 fr f3 -8, 13 fr f4 -6, and just in case nerf some of his specials like making spin and ex spin 10 fr, divekick 13 fr, low hat +10 on hit, orb hat -5 on block. That's how Lao's desighn is supposed to be, weaker specials, more options in standing up striking, more fast usefull normals for almost every situations. That's makes sense and trust me he would be more fun to play and more cool.
Excuse me, who are You ?

Carl

Noob
Hmmm i would prefer ex spin hard knock down then the tele.

Or tele 3 be faster or something.

Im very happy with lao atm though his wakeup is not good tbh.

Carl

Noob
Id rather spend 2 bars on exspin to launch which i think is a good idea since other characters have similar option.

Saltea Moonspell

wtf are you talking about? wtf is dis hahahahaha i'm ded ye hahahaha
See it the same when you're stupid.

We are have a debate on how inconstant is the technology they have given us. Either You have something valuable to put on the table, other just beat it!.

N00B

Noob
See it the same when you're stupid.

We are have a debate on how inconstant is the technology they have given us. Either You have something valuable to put on the table, other just beat it!.
what's wrong with you bitch? it's you are stupid, did i insult you first, no, it's you started this, you provoke me. go fuck yourself, just go away.
if you don't like my opinion, you can ignor, not necessary being an asshole bitch.

Saltea Moonspell

what's wrong with you bitch? it's you are stupid, did i insult you first, no, it's you started this, you provoke me. go fuck yourself, just go away.
if you don't like my opinion, you can ignor, not necessary being an asshole bitch.
You can have your opinion but this is not the proper place for it. IF you were smart You would have figured that out and we would have this conversation in the first place. And one more thing, I didnt insult You, I simply stated a fact. Dont get mad and upset. You can change that if you want.