What's new

Question Landing Play Doctor after a string

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
OK, is this thing bugged or do I just suck? I've been breaking my fingers off trying to land Play Doctor after 1, 1 or any other string she has, and 95% of the time either nothing comes out or I get a gunshot instead (with both types of controls). Help, plox?

Mosp

Noob
OK, is this thing bugged or do I just suck? I've been breaking my fingers off trying to land Play Doctor after 1, 1 or any other string she has, and 95% of the time either nothing comes out or I get a gunshot instead (with both types of controls). Help, plox?
Are you playing on pad? It's honestly a lot easier on stick, at least for me. On pad I can get it pretty consistently facing the right side but hardly ever get it when facing the left no matter how precise I try to be with my inputs. Just gotta keep practicing because I don't think there are any easy shortcuts to do it.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Are you playing on pad? It's honestly a lot easier on stick, at least for me. On pad I can get it pretty consistently facing the right side but hardly ever get it when facing the left no matter how precise I try to be with my inputs. Just gotta keep practicing because I don't think there are any easy shortcuts to do it.
Yeah, I'm on pad. Ain't got no stick.

Make sure your are inputting down back forward exactly (not down down/back angle forward, or down back down/forward angle forward). If you touch any angles you will not get the play doctor.

It's tough but practice makes perfect. I've been practicing it for 2 weeks and I can now hit it about 75% of the time. I love finishing an opponent off with ex play doctor (you can just step back while their remaining life drains away).

Komatose

The Prettiest
Make sure your are inputting down back forward exactly (not down down/back angle forward, or down back down/forward angle forward). If you touch any angles you will not get the play doctor.

It's tough but practice makes perfect. I've been practicing it for 2 weeks and I can now hit it about 75% of the time. I love finishing an opponent off with ex play doctor (you can just step back while their remaining life drains away).
That is close to impossible on pad. Do you know how fast you would have to input that? Lol

That is close to impossible on pad. Do you know how fast you would have to input that? Lol
I use a PS2 pad and it can be done. Not even close to impossible. It's not easy but like a lot of things in life, it can become easy with practice.

If Harley is your main it is an essential tool to master. If you want a pocket Harley that you don't need to practice or put much work in...I guess choose another combo ender.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I use a PS2 pad and it can be done. Not even close to impossible. It's not easy but like a lot of things in life, it can become easy with practice.

If Harley is your main it is an essential tool to master. If you want a pocket Harley that you don't need to practice or put much work in...I guess choose another combo ender.
Pressing each directional button in succession to land it in a combo seems close to impossible to me... But I guess that's just me. And even if you practice, that sounds pretty damn hard to me.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I'm not touching any angles and I still keep getting the gunshot 90% of the time. I swear this thing is bugged lol.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I JUST PULLED IT OFF AT THE END OF MY BNB! LAWD GAWD I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BEAST RIGHT NAO.

...Now to make sure it comes out the remaining 90% of the time. ;_;

Backfire

Noob
I noticed when I tried to do it fast I kept not pressing back properly that's why gunshots came out. Yoiu might be experiencing a similar problem

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
if you're having trouble doing it as a combo ender, you can buffer it during the string that you're trying to cancel

so for example, if you were trying to end a combo with 12 xx play doctor, instead of doing 1, 2, d,b,f+1

you can input it like:
1,d+2,b,f+1

you don't have to be this precise either
you can actually get it to come out by doing a 270 degree rotation of the stick as well, i.e. d, d/b, b, u/b, u, u,/f, f+1

Komatose

The Prettiest
if you're having trouble doing it as a combo ender, you can buffer it during the string that you're trying to cancel

so for example, if you were trying to end a combo with 12 xx play doctor, instead of doing 1, 2, d,b,f+1

you can input it like:
1,d+2,b,f+1

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
FUCK THIS MOVE, YO. Seriously. I've been sitting here like a fucking duppy trying to get it to come out consistently for the past couple of hours and I can still only pull it off about 50% of the time.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I promised myself I wasn't gonna do this, but seriously... hecterrific, colt. (Last time guys, I promise.)
What in the name of Jeebus is up with the input for this thing? I have been sittin' on my ass for FIVE GODDAMN HOURS STRAIGHT trying to get this thing to come out consistently. I input b3, jumping 3, 11, dbf1 perfectly (and I've tried all the fancyass techniques that people have mentioned in this thread), the damn thing still barely comes out. I'm not the only one having problems with this; I shouldn't have to sit here for five hours trying to get a special move to come out after a string, lmao. Honestly, give it a try and I guarantee that you will rip your own nuts off in frustration. The input for this thing has to be changed, or it's just gotta be patched or something, because I am crying tears of pain here.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Its possible to do consistantly on pad. I promise. If anything you can sacrifice like 1 or 2 % and just use d1PD instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Its possible to do consistantly on pad. I promise. If anything you can sacrifice like 1 or 2 % and just use d1PD instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I tried that, couldn't do that consistently either but that may have been because I didn't try it for that long. Either way, people shouldn't be having trouble trying to connect a special move after a string. You shouldn't even need to practice it. I mean, one of the dudes above me's been practising it for TWO WEEKS and he only gets it out 75% of the time.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one killing myself trying to learn this XD
I can do Killer Frost's grab 100% consistently so it's just the gunshot that's giving me problems. Is it jusg me or is there still a little negative edge even with it turned off?

Backfire

Noob
I tried that, couldn't do that consistently either but that may have been because I didn't try it for that long. Either way, people shouldn't be having trouble trying to connect a special move after a string. You shouldn't even need to practice it. I mean, one of the dudes above me's been practising it for TWO WEEKS and he only gets it out 75% of the time.
Dude BnBs aren't necessarily the most damaging combo finish the combo with something else if its causing you this much hassle.

As long as you have a combo you can do consistently it will be better, you dont want your BnB to be a combo you drop 50% of the time.