What's new

Question Landing Play Doctor after a string

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I don't play Harley, but shazams herculean might is dbf1. Pretty hard to do 100% onna pad. Stop practicing it and go lose some matches trying to make it happen. Eventually it'll be cake.

Ragna

Fighting game noob ~.~
Ok, good. I thought I was the only one having this problem. I have trouble ending with Play Doctor after a string but I (kinda) found a way around it. What I would usually do is do the db motion right after I hit the last button and then do f1 right after lifting my thumb up (using a pad).

I don't understand why NRS couldn't have just made it bf1 or db3 or something else instead.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Dude BnBs aren't necessarily the most damaging combo finish the combo with something else if its causing you this much hassle.

As long as you have a combo you can do consistently it will be better, you dont want your BnB to be a combo you drop 50% of the time.
Yeah, but PD is by far her most effective combo ender. If I want my Harley to actually be decent I've gotta get this down.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
...Don't you know about them? They're not new to NRS games. Press 11 dbf1 with Harley and instead of her grab a gunshot usually comes out, which is supposed to be df1. Also, with Batman if you press 22 db1, a batarang usually comes out instead of a grapple which is db2, and there's tons more.

do a 360 (f, df, d, db, b, ub, u, uf, f+1) or 270 (d, db, b, ub, u, uf, f+1) motion while pressing 1,2 will come out. If you are having trouble with that end with df +1 instead of f+1

I hated this move at first too, but I eventually got the hang of it. The strange thing is that D, DB, DF works on the ground, but it will never work at the end of a juggle, you will always get the gun shot. The easiest way to do it is QCB, F1. It may be slightly bugged though, I can input the correct motion and get the gunshot sometimes. It works about 90% time.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
OK, what.

Instead of doing 11 PD I just tried 12 PD and pulled it off like seven times in a row. Uuuh, this seems to be much easier. Either that or my endless hours of practicing have paid off.

...Don't you know about them? They're not new to NRS games. Press 11 dbf1 with Harley and instead of her grab a gunshot usually comes out, which is supposed to be df1. Also, with Batman if you press 22 db1, a batarang usually comes out instead of a grapple which is db2, and there's tons more.
You're just messing up your inputs man, I land them consistently unless I just mess them up myself.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
You're just messing up your inputs man, I land them consistently unless I just mess them up myself.
I'm not. There are threads about this. This game has input bugs, and so did MK9. Maybe the latest patch fixed it or something.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Anyway, landing this damn move seems to be hella easy (ish) after a 12, but not a 11. Case closed, lol.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Karried It's like when you're Black Adam and if you press 2 2 db3 quick enough, you come out with a db2 instead.

EDIT: No, I haven't watched that. I'll take a look.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
it's just practise man,not sure about input bugs,I land play doctor vry consistently now,although I was having trouble in de beginning. I just do db den f1 but quite fast, just like jax's far ground pound.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
It isn't bugged. I land it consistently with the analog stick on the standard 360 controller.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I've been having trouble with this too. I'll have to follow some of these suggestions and see what happens.