What's new

Kung Lao vs Cyrax

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
okay, are u serious or trolling, we went over this, go to the lab and pick kung lao against the lowest hitbox character in the game which is mileena. set the cpu to neutral crouch and do 21 and come back to this forum. I told you this like 3 times man.
i know 21 misses lol, i mean 21212...its a basic string right? doesnt the first part not have to connect to finish the string? or am i mistaken?

after reading my own post I said a naked spin combo with palm strike does 27%, that is not true it does 30% with palmstrike just like 2121spin, but without palm strike naked spin combo does 27% and 2121 spin does 29% so what I said still holds true.

i know 21 misses lol, i mean 21212...its a basic string right? doesnt the first part not have to connect to finish the string? or am i mistaken?
Ok this is the last time I am going to reply to this, go to the lab and do what I said, you will know that you are wrong.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
A smart cyrax player will poke out of pressure with d4 granting a free blockstring or a command grab. The d4 will go under the 2 but this opens up crossovers and frees up your d3 which is faster than cyrax's d4. If the cyrax player d1s you could either read it and spin on just simply block and 21 since it's -13 on block. If you get counterpoked by a d1 the cyrax player is at -1 if your hit in crouch so they cant use a standing string after it hits or it will be beat by 21. And if they d3 while your standing spin will beat out anything cryax can do to you since his d3 is only +1.
Some players tend to d1 or poke then immediately backdash to bait a whiff then dash in to pressure this is where 24 and 21s range and speed come into play.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Sektor will launch you in between 21 pressure.
And if you miscalculate by 1/30th of a second or a millimeter of spacing, Sektor will be the one getting launched.

Lol at the community still thinking Sektor has it easy against KL, it's 5-5 at best.

And if you miscalculate by 1/30th of a second or a millimeter of spacing, Sektor will be the one getting launched.

Lol at the community still thinking Sektor has it easy against KL, it's 5-5 at best.
not easy but he still has a slight advantage, I say it is 6-4 sektor.

okay...im going to be friendly about this. that is stand specific, but seriously you have some misunderstandings about this game and its hitboxes and frame data if you think standing 2 can punish blocked pokes. also I believe cyrax players use the d4 to start their pressure, because it is a very good d4.

The point of standing 2's after their pokes is to get them to poke without throwing out high risk spins. You want them to poke to increase your windows of opportunity to make a read and spin them.

After a d1 or d3 on hit Cyrax cannot pressure KL. It's an illusion, your 2 comes out faster. All he can do is a d4 like you're saying but he still gets nothing on block because you are both neutral. So he still cannot pressure you if you are pressuring with 2 after pokes.

On block a d1/d3 poke is even worse because now KL will gain real pressure.

After all is said and done, the only option viable is an uppercut or a d4. The d4 doesn't do anything on block and the uppercut is high risk and both options are vulnerable to a read on a spin. Since only a dumb ass spins every poke, KL's alternative to the spin is to begin his counter pokes with 2.

I hope this helps.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Me too...
sorry to derail...I actually was looking for another character in part because I have so much trouble with cyrax....I was thinking KL could be it

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i'd imagine ermac can give cyrax trouble as well, any attempt to net or bomb could be punished by a ermac with good reflexes and reads.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
hmmm....smoke I'm starting to use smoke on a more regular basis...Sonya's a freakin' beast too...decisions lulz

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Ok, so someone loves KL mirrors.
Another one thinks Sonya is favourable against Cyrax.
Yet another one prefers Smoke.

Care to elaborate?

This thread was a fine conversation where people cared to discuss Cyrax vs KL in more or less depth.

Return to making a case for your opinion!

Otherwise you just spam one-liners where others wanted to exchange ideas.

How did I manage to forget pboard..!
Shame an me.
His recent performance at remdemption was one great lesson for me.

I wonder why he chose ermac over lao against Krayzie.
Reasons I can think of:
- Damage output potential beeing more evend,
- Recent matches against Krayzie
- Or he really thinks ermac is the better matchup.

I am highly positive that he can get a throw in.
But the timing seems strict to me since i was able to interrrupt on many occasions.

I initially thought lao was a 5-5 mu vs cyrax. Over time I have realized, cyrax has was to many options for lao. to shut down alot of his stuff...things such as cyraxs anti air. Eliminates any jump in, jump kick, teleport mix up in the air.....because it has priority over everything in the air. which means he is either going to hit you with it...or jump a safe distance away...so lao has to stay grounded, Laos footsies are okay but his lack of advancing strings can get him blown up by cyrax. Lao needs to be patient, ALWAYS have meter to break, and wait for that right moment to bait and blow cyrax up. Its not an easy job because...all cyrax has to do it hit one combo anyway....and your dead lol.

The match up in my opinion now is 6-4 cyrax ONLY if the cyrax is on point in controlling laos air space. Then lao cant be lao and thats lousy for lao :D

Which is why I use ermac for that mu. If you stay in that force push sweet spot... ermac can stay grounded and chip cyrax with projectiles and keep cyrax in check with force pushes while avoiding bombs. Also, ermac can teleport(on reaction) to nets and bombs....then in turn get a free cross up to 312, b114, f4 pressure/throw mixups. Ermac can also blow cyrax teleports with 42 percent meterless. So basically I am saying that ermac has huge damage meterless(so he can save for breaker) and can deal with cyrax alot better than lao. He doesnt beat cyrax...but its a more balanced mu than lao vs cyrax...thats just my opinion though.

I think lao is a great character...he just has some tough mu's such as cyrax, cage and sonya...however, if played right....they are very winnable. Thoughts on cyrax vs lao?

I initially thought lao was a 5-5 mu vs cyrax. Over time I have realized, cyrax has was to many options for lao. to shut down alot of his stuff...things such as cyraxs anti air. Eliminates any jump in, jump kick, teleport mix up in the air.....because it has priority over everything in the air. which means he is either going to hit you with it...or jump a safe distance away...so lao has to stay grounded, Laos footsies are okay but his lack of advancing strings can get him blown up by cyrax. Lao needs to be patient, ALWAYS have meter to break, and wait for that right moment to bait and blow cyrax up. Its not an easy job because...all cyrax has to do it hit one combo anyway....and your dead lol.

The match up in my opinion now is 6-4 cyrax ONLY if the cyrax is on point in controlling laos air space. Then lao cant be lao and thats lousy for lao :D

Which is why I use ermac for that mu. If you stay in that force push sweet spot... ermac can stay grounded and chip cyrax with projectiles and keep cyrax in check with force pushes while avoiding bombs. Also, ermac can teleport(on reaction) to nets and bombs....then in turn get a free cross up to 312, b114, f4 pressure/throw mixups. Ermac can also blow cyrax teleports with 42 percent meterless. So basically I am saying that ermac has huge damage meterless(so he can save for breaker) and can deal with cyrax alot better than lao. He doesnt beat cyrax...but its a more balanced mu than lao vs cyrax...thats just my opinion though.

I think lao is a great character...he just has some tough mu's such as cyrax, cage and sonya...however, if played right....they are very winnable. Thoughts on cyrax vs lao?
I agree with what you are saying but not many Cyrax players realize this yet.

IMO this MU is played with Lao on defense and Cyrax on offense not the other way around.