What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You have it down consistently already? This variation doesn't really need meter for anything but ex spin and breaker, its so sick.
practiced it for a bit get it more than half the time. when i use it more im sure it will be a rare drop.

yup. he can use his meter for breaker, ex spin, or ex hat dance

practiced it for a bit get it more than half the time. when i use it more im sure it will be a rare drop.

yup. he can use his meter for breaker, ex spin, or ex hat dance
The timing is when the blue particles disappear around kung lao. You can kind of confirm it visually.

Btw why would you use hat dance? It doesn't do anything.

I got the combo down now, have to keep practicing to pull it off in a match though. Tbh I think they are going to make the link tighter so you can only combo after the hat shield with 11 or something faster. He already gets really good damage without the 44. Nerfing his damage would affect other combos so I don't think they will do that.

Cat

I got the combo down now, have to keep practicing to pull it off in a match though. Tbh I think they are going to make the link tighter so you can only combo after the hat shield with 11 or something faster. He already gets really good damage without the 44. Nerfing his damage would affect other combos so I don't think they will do that.
he needs it. its a tight link anyways and most of the other chars get that kind of damage and they have 5050s.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
I'm at work, and all I can think about are the we tempest buffs.

Also, I don't have a ps4.. So I can't play until they patch pc.

I honestly want to rip my brain out of my nose and eat it, I'm so hype, and upset at the same time..

he needs it. its a tight link anyways and most of the other chars get that kind of damage and they have 5050s.
I don't think ppl will agree with you lol, they won't be happy with kung lao getting 40% off of anything meterless. I personally don't think he needs it, he gets above 30% without the 44. Either way I am fine. I am just happy tempest got useful, l didn't like how buzzsaw was so meter dependant.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So i dont know all the patch notes really.
But does the Cyclone being 7 frames hurt much?

Shouta

Noob
What is the difference between the normal and ex version? I don't see a reason to use it anymore, but I havent messed that much with it yet.
EX Hat Spin also has a spinning arc that goes up and down as always as around Kung. that means it'll hit jump-ins and things that the normal Hat Spin wouldn't

Cat

Starred messing with tempest some more. Will Def be useful in some matches.
What's the max damage off a aa ex spin?
I do nip. B32 spin j3 dive kick 21. Does 32% but wondering if you guys get more.

Also messing with the regular hat spin. There's a timing with it where you can tele and it hits first. Beating out anti air uppercuts and ppl trying to duck. You can follow up with the tele kick into combo as well. Probably known already but I haven't gone thru this entire thread to check.

Starred messing with tempest some more. Will Def be useful in some matches.
What's the max damage off a aa ex spin?
I do nip. B32 spin j3 dive kick 21. Does 32% but wondering if you guys get more.

Also messing with the regular hat spin. There's a timing with it where you can tele and it hits first. Beating out anti air uppercuts and ppl trying to duck. You can follow up with the tele kick into combo as well. Probably known already but I haven't gone thru this entire thread to check.
ex spin b321spin jk dk jk dk =33%

I prefer i F14 instead of second divekick, hard-knockdowns are nice, same damage tho.
yeah in general you can do similar damage with 3 enders: 21, F14 and divekick. I like the 21 knockdown most but it is also the least damaging. In general I only use the 21 knockdown for buzzsaw and in tempest I do whatever is most consistent.

Wasted

Noob
Makes sense to me. He's mobile, hits decently hard, has decent pressure, safety and good reversals....yet he's still mediocre.

Makes sense to me. He's mobile, hits decently hard, has decent pressure, safety and good reversals....yet he's still mediocre.
Don't know if your are being sarcastic or not but people like Pig of the hut and others have him bottom 8 in the game. Maybe my Kung Lao Buzzsaw is just that good because I feel he is top 10 in the game. He has the best pressure. Yeah he has no low starter but mixing strings up with low hats and teleports really opens the opponent up plus our wake up is Sooo goood. I just don't see him being bottom tier like people are suggesting.