What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

coolwhip

Noob
Did you guys saw how incredibly low the dive kick can be performed?

So @colt want to normalize Bird Lao, i think he missed the part that tele wasn't a stapple or as foxy said not that much relevant in the bird lao tatic, dive kick was, anyway i think he changed the dive kick trajectory a bit so maybe he can no longer go over peoples head from a blocked instant air kick and wait the reaction on the oposite side with standing 2.

Well, i'm sure we will still bird if that dive kick height restriction sustain until the final version of the game.
Dude, it's a different game. There's nothing to "normalize." Just because the dive kick worked one way in MK9 doesn't mean whatever changes made in MKX were a result of that.

coolwhip

Noob
It was a no brainer for one of Kung Lao's brutalities to be off of his throw since it looks so fucking cool. My only problem is I wish after punching his opponent in the head repeatedly (the throw animation), he would slice off his head with the hat, instead of hitting it with one more big punch. That would have been more gruesome.

It was a no brainer for one of Kung Lao's brutalities to be off of his throw since it looks so fucking cool. My only problem is I wish after punching his opponent in the head repeatedly (the throw animation), he would slice off his head with the hat, instead of hitting it with one more big punch. That would have been more gruesome.
I also noticed how kung lao punches the opponent almost full screen after the throw. I can't help but believe that is gameplay related, I hope it means Kl is a nightmare upclose.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dude, it's a different game. There's nothing to "normalize." Just because the dive kick worked one way in MK9 doesn't mean whatever changes made in MKX were a result of that.
Dude check the date, and who the hell you think i am? LOL your quote was totally out of place, i know exactly how dive kick in MKX works

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
His mobility tools do look a little toned down from MK9 (from what I can tell just by eye balling it, looks can be deceiving) although his hat moves probably render that a moot point. I definitely can see him being a hit and run character; put your hat on the screen, then go in for a quick mixup behind the hat. Kinda like Batman and his bats in Injustice.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
His mobility tools do look a little toned down from MK9 (from what I can tell just by eye balling it, looks can be deceiving)
I agree with this. All this "omg I'm so scared of Lao" nonsense seems much more about MK9. He looks toned down from what we can see so far. Not scary looking like some of the other characters appear to be.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I agree with this. All this "omg I'm so scared of Lao" nonsense seems much more about MK9. He looks toned down from what we can see so far. Not scary looking like some of the other characters appear to be.
I wouldn't completely write him off, he still looks like he's got some interesting stuff. Hat trick looks like it has potential depending on the frame data and whether the hat stays up if Lao takes a hit. But I definitely don't see this version of Lao getting away with nearly as many teleport or dive kick shenanigans.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I wouldn't completely write him off, he still looks like he's got some interesting stuff. Hat trick looks like it has potential depending on the frame data and whether the hat stays up if Lao takes a hit. But I definitely don't see this version of Lao getting away with nearly as many teleport or dive kick shenanigans.
Yea he'll most likely have those elements to compensate for the losses, I just wish they wouldn't have removed as much.

Hat Trick hats on screen go away when Lao gets hit, but I like how they lead to combos on hit. What I think they've done with Lao is give him 3 variations to handle many types of matches. I think he'll be one of the few chars that can use all three variations depending on MUs and not lose viability.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Yea he'll most likely have those elements to compensate for the losses, I just wish they wouldn't have removed as much.

Hat Trick hats on screen go away when Lao gets hit, but I like how they lead to combos on hit. What I think they've done with Lao is give him 3 variations to handle many types of matches. I think he'll be one of the few chars that can use all three variations depending on MUs and not lose viability.
I agree. I think lao will be a character with more variation loyalists whereas someone like ferra torr will have loyalists but may need to lean on variation based match ups

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Like who? Im just currious in your opinion. I would say Mileena, Kenshi and Takeda and looking very dangerous.
Lao looks solid but not "scary" imo. I think people are still stuck on MK9, but I don't see the same power in MKX.

To me, Liu Kang, Takeda, Mileena, D'Vorah, Jax, Kenshi, Johnny, and Sub-Zero at least all look better. He seems to be in the "next class", not the "omg gotta watch out for him Day 1" class.

haketh

Noob
To be fair justin wong struggles connecting a jumpin punch into a launcher so his mk knowledge should be taken with a grain of salt.
He's also alot smarter game sense wise when it comes to these things than most players int he world so it maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay be something to pay attention to.