What's new

Strategy Kung Lao Frame Data

Yeah i guess im just too used to Sub-Zero's 8 frame d4 lol
you need to space your d3's well with kung lao, space it so their d1 wont reach you, except for kitana ofcourse. if d3 hits they baically have to respect another d3 or d4, if they try to jump over you, you know what to do...

Red Son

Noob
Great job. But I have a problem, I'm testing somethings
and I noticed that the Teleport performed in the air starts more quickly than
when it's performed on the ground, can u get the frames to that?

I would be grateful

Somberness

Lights
Great job. But I have a problem, I'm testing somethings
and I noticed that the Teleport performed in the air starts more quickly than
when it's performed on the ground, can u get the frames to that?

I would be grateful
25-31 is the range of startup for the teleport, the 25 is at the top of the screen. I edited the duration to indicate the range too.
Peckapowa yes

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Somberness i understand that grind hat/enhanced low hat is -12 on block. does this mean it would be useless if attempting more pressure. for example a blockstring that spaces the opponent enough for you to lay down ex low hat then attempt more pressure afterwards by releasing hat. i guess what im saying is, is ex low hat still -12 when placed on ground?

Death

Noob
KLs old low hat was -7 on block. Even back then it was dumb using it for pressure because you lose all pressure when its blocked but it seemed all KLs did it for the +18 on hit. Low hat is a zoning tool to bait jumps so KL can dive kick/Spin etc. This move should never be used up close in this version. At least with KL 24 1+3 overhead buff you have a footsie game you can play when its blocked. I personally think KL got buffed last patch.

gdf

Noob
Death I have two questions.
Where can you use Low Hat? Mid-screen, three-fourths screen, or full-screen?

Where do you use low hat to start making people jump?

Death

Noob
Death I have two questions.
Where can you use Low Hat? Mid-screen, three-fourths screen, or full-screen?

Where do you use low hat to start making people jump?
If the jump forward from full screen you can dive kick them on reaction. I like to do it mid-screen to full screen and mix up with straight hat to bait jumps. 1/4 of the screen is too risky. Bait jumps and dash in spin or F+2 etc. Low hat is really good to bait jumps IMO. EX Spin is also a really good AA. It has really good range and its really quick.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
KLs old low hat was -7 on block. Even back then it was dumb using it for pressure because you lose all pressure when its blocked but it seemed all KLs did it for the +18 on hit. Low hat is a zoning tool to bait jumps so KL can dive kick/Spin etc. This move should never be used up close in this version. At least with KL 24 1+3 overhead buff you have a footsie game you can play when its blocked. I personally think KL got buffed last patch.
i agree with him being buffed. i was referring to enhanced low hat traps to continue pressure. is it actually a viable way to continue pressure or moreso of a mindgame?

Somberness

Lights
Somberness i understand that grind hat/enhanced low hat is -12 on block. does this mean it would be useless if attempting more pressure. for example a blockstring that spaces the opponent enough for you to lay down ex low hat then attempt more pressure afterwards by releasing hat. i guess what im saying is, is ex low hat still -12 when placed on ground?
It's only that if you don't hold it, the advantage would increase the more you held it because the hat would hit later.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Kung Lao do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Kung Lao do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?
2,1,2,1,2 as well as the overhead version are interuptable I believe (the overhead definitely is). I think thats the only one, atleast the only one most people use.

Now, I am no Kung Lao player, but I know there is a gap here: 2,4,(gap)1+2. Cyber Subby and Kratos can interrupt KL in that gap with their one-frame parries. The challenge here, is knowing if the KL player will go for the overhead or not.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Now, I am no Kung Lao player, but I know there is a gap here: 2,4,(gap)1+2. Cyber Subby and Kratos can interrupt KL in that gap with their one-frame parries. The challenge here, is knowing if the KL player will go for the overhead or not.
Sweet. I'll try it out with Jade...and you never know...you never know when knowledge can be used as power.

against cyber sub you van blow him up pretty hard for trying to parry that, just do 24 and then b33spin