What's new

Strategy Kung Lao Frame Data

d3 +10 doesnt mean shit vs low hit box chars
got any tips against low hitbox characters? right now im doing some risky stuff against sonya, like spinning their d4 when im expecting it, but its so easy to get blown up for that stuff, and the bitch punishes harder than kung lao. her rings are stupid too.

against mileena I just wait till she makes her move and punish her for mistakes, I use d4 low hat most of the time before I think she is going to throw out a d4 and it works pretty good for now, I dont think she can punish it from the furthest possible distance.

BTW somberness. if kung lao jumps up high and teleports will the teleport be faster? It looks a bit faster since it also takes less time for kung lao to get off screen.

gdf

Noob
They did become noticeably safer, but not overwhelmingly. If they were, it would become Kung Lao's most overused string.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
hey somberness, i was wondering if you did this already... where lao does the 3 instantly after teleport... and say i blocked it... is he negative? or still 0 on block even tho he did it early...

hey somberness, i was wondering if you did this already... where lao does the 3 instantly after teleport... and say i blocked it... is he negative? or still 0 on block even tho he did it early...
the frame data says 0 on block I believe, but if you do the 3 on the first available frames kung lao still needs time to get on the ground. however when you block the 3 there will be a guessing game, if you try to pressure kung lao he can beat you with the spin, or he could block.

XBlades

yeah, well the only trouble i have with him, is his dominance in the air... cannot jump at all.... and the teleport seems to be very unpunishable... otherwise im doing many things wrong.....i.e IAF wait for him to teleport but he does the kick the instant he gets on the other side... so i can d1 into juggle state, but since my headband has a hitbox... i cant avoid it.... best thing is to do is uppercut??

yeah, well the only trouble i have with him, is his dominance in the air... cannot jump at all.... and the teleport seems to be very unpunishable... otherwise im doing many things wrong.....i.e IAF wait for him to teleport but he does the kick the instant he gets on the other side... so i can d1 into juggle state, but since my headband has a hitbox... i cant avoid it.... best thing is to do is uppercut??
Uppercut works good, just be careful of his armor, Its hard to say whats best since liu kangs d1 is horrible

Somberness

Lights
It works exactly like a jump punch where it is always 0 unless you cancel it.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
guys. please no more discussion about the teleport. dash to a side, blow KL up. wait in your spot, uppercut the teleport, or d1 into combo. the teleport is totally unsafe. you just need more match up experience. my friend who mains sindel very rarely lets me get away with this shit because weve played a thousand games together. just practice against the teleport and it will become second nature as it has for my friend. just condition yourself to recognise and react.

edit: i understand initially its hard, i feel you, but the bottom line is that the teleport is unsafe. you can not just spam it and win.

XBlades

^ lol so what your saying is when i dash to the side i wont get exploited by the rising 3 lmfao.... i see what your saying...all i know in my defense i can only stand there and block it due to my retarded big hitbox...

XBlades

^ lol so what your saying is when i dash to the side i wont get exploited by the rising 3 lmfao.... i see what your saying...

miloPKL

well thats just one of 3 things i said. and what do you mean wait all day? see teleport, dash to side.

i completely agree that ex teleport is harder to react to. but normal tele is not so hard.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Does Kung Lao have a good poke? i like d3 but 9 frames for a d3 isnt great, d1 got shit range and d4 a hefty 12 frames...

d4, d1 and standing 2 are his best imo.
standing 2 whiffs, youre gonna eat uppercuts, d1's, d4's and d3's all day if u try to poke people with it. d3 has pretty good range and gives good advantage on crouching opponents +10. d4 and d3 are your pokes to go imo. his d1 is only to counter poke a blocked d1

miloPKL

standing 2 whiffs, youre gonna eat uppercuts, d1's, d4's and d3's all day if u try to poke people with it.
its still a really good poke. its 7 frames. it stops a lot of combos and special moves before start up. just because it whiffs on a crouching opponent doesnt make it bad. it just means you dont use it on a crouching opponent.

its still a really good poke. its 7 frames. it stops a lot of combos and special moves before start up. just because it whiffs on a crouching opponent doesnt make it bad. it just means you dont use it on a crouching opponent.
Well you just have another definition of what a good poke is, but unless a poke atleast hits mid or low its kind of horrible to me. youre dead when 2 whiffs when people cross you up. D3 and d4 are the pokes I go with