What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
7 frame d3, plus 6 on hit... ok
essentially guarantees standing 2 unless opponent is mashing... am i right?

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
7 frame d3, plus 6 on hit... ok
essentially guarantees standing 2 unless opponent is mashing... am i right?
Highs are always tricky lol. i'd use F1 instead. +6 is enough for me to connect a mid and its more reliable.
I'm more worried about how viable 21212 is. I just noticed the first 3 hits are highs

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Seems like there's a lot of gaps and mid-string high's in Lao that put some potentially dangerous holes in his offense.

GAME VS XINOK

Some high level KUNG LAO I think.
I got to play against KillerXinok, I am sorry I was too hyped. The game was soo much fun. LOL. I also had a sick set before this one.

My basic rules with lao:
Never use F21 unless you have bar to make it safe.
Grab to oblivion.
Fake grabs and get huge damage.
Never drop your combo like me. lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
i love doing his mb tele and full combo when ppl are waiting to mash d2 when i use it

btw anyone know how to do all of his brutalities?(except the default ones)

btw anyone know how to do all of his brutalities?(except the default ones)
i only know the 2 throw brutals

back throw - mash 1 and 2 to trigger (just like mkx)
forward throw - hold forward during the throw animation to trigger

I think I unlocked them both in krypt? not sure

EDIT: there's also this, press 1,1,1 during the teleport throw animation to trigger (not 100% sure if true, someone said in the comments)

But you gotta unlock all the brutals first

Last edited:
yeah i figured thats why his one where you have to hold forward during throw animation doesnt work for me
Yeah, that's definitely because i unlocked it in the Krypt first.

Honestly, i spent like 400k coins there opening chests, i got full set of brutals for jax, sonya, kano and subzero, but only 1 for Lao

Also, a tip from my experience: open the chests that cost anywhere from 5k to 9k, they have the biggest chances to have brutalities in them.

Anywhere below that - mostly icons and other crap
Anywhere above that - mostly skins and gear

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I think Lao's f1,3,u2 is a contender for worst string in this game. Massively unsafe at -19 if you don't do the final hit, massive full combo-punishable gap in between the 3 and u2, and to top it all off the u2 is a very slow high attack so the opponent can just release block and get a d2 KB into full combo for huge damage. What exactly is the purpose of this string.

I think Lao's f1,3,u2 is a contender for worst string in this game. Massively unsafe at -19 if you don't do the final hit, massive full combo-punishable gap in between the 3 and u2, and to top it all off the u2 is a very slow high attack so the opponent can just release block and get a d2 KB into full combo for huge damage. What exactly is the purpose of this string.
It's bad but you really don't have to use it when you have the orbitting hat variation. You can make f13, -7.
Also f13 stagger is kinda good when you have conditioned your opponent to expect an orbiting hat.
The main problem of f13u2 is that it whiffs on duck blocking opponents. So there really no mindgame to it. I basically never use it the U2 part unless I am sure they would stand block for some reason

If NRS wont buff k. Lao this game is going straight to re sale.

K. Lao is my main, idc for other chars. His normals are trash and if your opponent knows what hs up to, they can easily interupt/punish him. 2121 uppercut friendly af.

Other chars have all this good mix ups an safe strings this bs. Teleport is crap to... im playing hat trick variation

Last edited: