What's new

Kung Lao Current BnB Guide

swag1

EX smash solves all
Hey Tom can't you get extra damage by using a NJP after a Spin for most combos? I use it and it gives me 2-3% more damage per combo.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Hey Tom can't you get extra damage by using a NJP after a Spin for most combos? I use it and it gives me 2-3% more damage per combo.
Yes, but it's much harder to execute the rest of the combo afterwards. Plus you need a little dash forward. Doing the NJP adds so much room for error. Better safe than sorry, you know?

swag1

EX smash solves all
Yes, but it's much harder to execute the rest of the combo afterwards. Plus you need a little dash forward. Doing the NJP adds so much room for error. Better safe than sorry, you know?
That's true. I find that if you just walk a slight bit forward, then jump as soon as land. Execute the NJP as low as possible. I just practiced it a lot.

For anti air, you can use standing 2, E hat, jump kick dive kick, roll spin, 2 4 1+3 2 for 42%. Standing 2 is a great anti air.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
@ tom, great job! i have no idea, what the sub zero-forum has done to offend you so much, but i am happy whenever i stumble across any of your posts! :)

Ok, i hate to sound like the new kid, but is there a trick to getting the dash 1, dash 24 part of these? do you just mash out the direction button once you divekick? i mean i imagine it mostly just takes practice, but every time i've tried they hit the ground well before i'm close enough to continue the combo.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Ok, i hate to sound like the new kid, but is there a trick to getting the dash 1, dash 24 part of these? do you just mash out the direction button once you divekick? i mean i imagine it mostly just takes practice, but every time i've tried they hit the ground well before i'm close enough to continue the combo.
no trick, just timing and practice.

by trick i meant like some way to practice quicker than having to go through the whole combo. i mean i have no doubts i'll get it eventually, but there's times when i may mistime the airkicks or something and have to start over. i mean it's seconds, but that adds up when you're practicing. but it's cool.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
by trick i meant like some way to practice quicker than having to go through the whole combo. i mean i have no doubts i'll get it eventually, but there's times when i may mistime the airkicks or something and have to start over. i mean it's seconds, but that adds up when you're practicing. but it's cool.
just spin 1 1 1 1 1 24

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I need some help with his no meter corner combo. I'm trying the one below but the 2nd JK does not connect after the JK~tele~3. Full combo is:

112~spin, JK~tele~3, JK/DK, 1, 24, 1+3, 2

Does the first JK have to hit as low as possible or as high as possible?
Do you jump forward for the DK?
Does the DK have to be delayed or does it make no difference?

I can't do this at all currently... :(

I need some help with his no meter corner combo. I'm trying the one below but the 2nd JK does not connect after the JK~tele~3. Full combo is:

I dont even know what that is....

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

That combo is weird, on the right side, you can get the JK / Tele / 3 to hit, but on the left you teleport to the other side and corner yourself if you're not careful. I suggest you switch the JK / DK and JK / Tele / 3 around. Also for the JK / DK, it's best if you delay the Dive Kick so that there's a better chance that you don't drop the combo. Make sure when you JK / DK that you DO jump forward and then for the JK / Tele / 3 that you jump back. One more thing, after the Tele / 3, instead of just doing 1, practice using 1, 1, 2, 1 then go for the finish, It's easier than what it seems to be.

Hope this helps!

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Hi guys i have a question in any combo that goes ...Spin jik dk dash 1... How in the world i can connect a hit after jik dk because the opponent lands to far for me to catch on...I barely f3 roll to get to him...

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Hi guys i have a question in any combo that goes ...Spin jik dk dash 1... How in the world i can connect a hit after jik dk because the opponent lands to far for me to catch on...I barely f3 roll to get to him...
hmm im thinking you land the JKDivekick too slow, try hitting the Divekick after the JK Instantly. if you do JK divekick too slow the opponent will fly really far, and its impossible to catch him.

Watch my Divekicks after the spin
hope this helps

coolwhip

Noob
Try to input the dash early before you land on the ground following JK/DK. Also make sure there's no delay between JK and DK. Input both of the in very quick succession.

hmm im thinking you land the JKDivekick too slow, try hitting the Divekick after the JK Instantly. if you do JK divekick too slow the opponent will fly really far, and its impossible to catch him.

Watch my Divekicks after the spin
hope this helps
lol at the ending to that vid

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Thank you guys i will practice more.Also in some combos i for example spin dash 2 ,ex hat toss ... Well after dash 2 the hat dont connect but if i use dash 1 or even dash 1,1 i can toss the ex hat.What am i do wrong with dash 2 ex hat.??

Thank you guys i will practice more.Also in some combos i for example spin dash 2 ,ex hat toss ... Well after dash 2 the hat dont connect but if i use dash 1 or even dash 1,1 i can toss the ex hat.What am i do wrong with dash 2 ex hat.??
maybe youre just not used to it, go to training mode and set the computer to jump, as the opponent is in the air try to do 2 cancel into ex hat, its an easy way to practice it.

a lot of these combos should be updated a lot of these combos can be rplaced with slightly different combos that do up to 3% more damage, like the teleport 3 combos in the corner and the double dive kick combos.

9_Lives

Noob
Has anyone been working on late jiks? I have one so far that I liked, not sure if someone's already found this:

jik, dash in, spin, 2~Ex Hat, instant dive kick, 1, 2, 4, 1+3, 2: 37% w/out successfully timed 2, 40% with. If someone could get back to me with a better one that maybe requires no meter, that would be great, thank you.

Has anyone been working on late jiks? I have one so far that I liked, not sure if someone's already found this:

jik, dash in, spin, 2~Ex Hat, instant dive kick, 1, 2, 4, 1+3, 2: 37% w/out successfully timed 2, 40% with. If someone could get back to me with a better one that maybe requires no meter, that would be great, thank you.
I use cross over deep jumpkick into roll spin 1,1,1, 24. the jumpkick is easy to hitconfirm if you follow up with roll