What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Is there any good videos of kung lao buzz saw play on youtube? Id really like to get good with him but havent seen or played and good Lao players. Fimding his combos a bit tricky also. His juggles are more fidley than Jin who has forever to land some hits after a launch lol

Vjeekes

DevilApes
Is there any good videos of kung lao buzz saw play on youtube? Id really like to get good with him but havent seen or played and good Lao players. Fimding his combos a bit tricky also. His juggles are more fidley than Jin who has forever to land some hits after a launch lol
I'm not pretending my Lao BuzzSaw is king but it's decent. Add me and lets mirrormatch all day long :)
psn: OldSchoolvjeekes

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I'm not pretending my Lao BuzzSaw is king but it's decent. Add me and lets mirrormatch all day long :)
psn: OldSchoolvjeekes
im from London are you on EU/AUS servers? cause that would be great. im really new to kung lao but i wana get good with him :D

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Any NA/USA players that wanna do a mirror-match or bounce some tech off of each other msg me on PSN:

@ substructurex

Just say your forum name in the message. Or hell just invite me to a party idc.

y2shay

Noob
Hey guys, I'm having trouble consistently landing throws when the opponent is in midair before they land. Any tips? Thanks.

Last edited:

IdontC#

Noob
Any tips on how to connect spin with his 44 RC B321~spin?
I've tried so many different ways but his spin always seem to be impossible to hit.

Did it get changed or do I need to do something different?

I just picked up Kung Lao a few days ago. Trying to get better with him. I feel like I'm doing too many jump-forward 2s for confirms. If anyone wants to play on either console add me.

PSN: Afflictionnz
XBL: Dunn Dealz

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
So I found something that requires 2 bars and is essentially unblockable mid screen or corner. Put out a ex low hat, and do an ex dive kick. The ex dive kick is a multihit overhead, and if timed right the overheads and the low hat will hit within miliseconds of eachother. When you connect this you can follow up with a f21xxdf1, j3xxd4 for ~22%. This is a good tool to end the round after you land a knockdown and they have that last 20% left

Uncooked

Noob
I'm as new as you can get to fighting games so this question might seem a little silly, but is there any advantage to only throwing out 1,1 after landing a lowhat or poke as opposed to the full 11212 string? If I catch them pressing buttons I find 11212 easier to hitconfirm into spin or cancel into lowhat on block for pressure and the opportunity to open them up. It'll also build more meter on block. I suppose you could throw out a 11 after you've conditioned them to expect the full thing and then go for crossup or something else. Anybody had success with that or do you just stick with full 11212

As a sidenote, learning to hitconfirm is a chore. My reactions are molasses-worthy.

Last edited:
First, i go to 11212 as you say it's easier to hitconfirm, if the opponent block me, i go to 11, 11 is also good on block it's +1 you can go for a throw, or an other 11212 and if you feel he's going to poke, you can walk backward just a little and whiff punish with b321 for a max damage combo, ( b321 which is easily hit confirmable )

Uncooked

Noob
First, i go to 11212 as you say it's easier to hitconfirm, if the opponent block me, i go to 11, 11 is also good on block it's +1 you can go for a throw, or an other 11212 and if you feel he's going to poke, you can walk backward just a little and whiff punish with b321 for a max damage combo, ( b321 which is easily hit confirmable )
Ohh tricky. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try this out! 11 grab seems like it would be especially effective once they expect 11212