What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

EOTL

Any tips on getting 11212 on time? No matter how fast i press it its never fast enough
On pad: 112 then slide finger from 1 to 2
On Stick: Just do it with 2 fingers.
For hitconfirming, it helps me to focus on the spin on hit and then react to the different chunkier block animation+stun and do 4~low hat or whatever.

On a different note. How are people setting up Low Hat grinder? B231~EXLow Hat Leaves opponents too close

On pad: 112 then slide finger from 1 to 2
On Stick: Just do it with 2 fingers.
For hitconfirming, it helps me to focus on the spin on hit and then react to the different chunkier block animation+stun and do 4~low hat or whatever.

On a different note. How are people setting up Low Hat grinder? B231~EXLow Hat Leaves opponents too close
I setup ex low hat after a 21 knockdown.

MK_Al

Noob
buzzsaw 4 life
Regarding your "vortex"; you can go for a JIK after the EX low hat and time it that either the low hat or the JIK OH hits first. You can then commit to DK and follow up with a DK Combo of your choice. Works good after telegrab.

boy9-1

Noob
Regarding your "vortex"; you can go for a JIK after the EX low hat and time it that either the low hat or the JIK OH hits first. You can then commit to DK and follow up with a DK Combo of your choice. Works good after telegrab.
thanks man thats a great idea! and you can combo off it aswell

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Been practicing in the lab with Buzzsaw all afternoon, and I am starting to get the hang of it but am experiencing a few problems. For example when I am doing 44 run b321spin njp jk dk 21 or w.e, a lot of the times Lao is throwing his hat, and same when I am in the corner trying to stack damage. I guess I just need to practice more but man the lack of consistency (on my part) with this character is making me hesitant to to use him in a real match lol and I cant even imagine how much more difficult doing his combos are online is going to be haha

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
So I'm trying to do a combo in the corner and for some reason it's just not working, if someone knows why I'd appreciate the help.

4,4, B3,2,1, EX Mid Hat, 4, Spin. - The spin just refuses to link after the 4 and I don't know why.

EDIT: Never mind, I noticed he doesn't have his hat so he can't spin.

Last edited:
Kinda disappointed with how NRS handled this. Buzzsaw was one of those characters that could get you the win if you worked for it.

Tweedy

Noob
When playing good opponents my number 1 issue with this character, is that low hat on hit does not jail into B2, at close range.

This is the biggest flaw that the character has imo.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Is this his best variation now? I used to play Lao a lot but took a break from the game. Not to sure how he is post patch

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is this his best variation now? I used to play Lao a lot but took a break from the game. Not to sure how he is post patch
Unless more ways are found to accumulate more meterless damage from Lao's general utility in this variation, it's still got a long way to go IMO. And even that might not be enough.

When playing good opponents my number 1 issue with this character, is that low hat on hit does not jail into B2, at close range.

This is the biggest flaw that the character has imo.
I can kinda see why they did it, having no mechanical way out of Buzzsaw's unreactable, unfuzzyable mixups would kinda be straight cheese lol.

I personally don't think it's a maaajor deal if they attempt to disrespect another mixup after a low hat on hit as it opens up to challenge them with other normals. If Buzzsaw was to ever get some improvements there's other things I'd put higher on the wishlist.

Is that B2~up hat, jump kick, dive kick etc. conversion exclusive to Tremor's hurtbox or something? Cause I tried this pretty extensively even from a point blank naked spin and I still couldn't get it :(

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Unless more ways are found to accumulate more meterless damage from Lao's general utility in this variation, it's still got a long way to go IMO. And even that might not be enough.

I can kinda see why they did it, having no mechanical way out of Buzzsaw's unreactable, unfuzzyable mixups would kinda be straight cheese lol.

I personally don't think it's a maaajor deal if they attempt to disrespect another mixup after a low hat on hit as it opens up to challenge them with other normals. If Buzzsaw was to ever get some improvements there's other things I'd put higher on the wishlist.

Is that B2~up hat, jump kick, dive kick etc. conversion exclusive to Tremor's hurtbox or something? Cause I tried this pretty extensively even from a point blank naked spin and I still couldn't get it :(
It works on all characters I get it 80% of the time. But it's no easy though. Wish they removed some recovery off of the up hat when it hits an air Bourne opponents to help with conversions instead of burning meter. This would have been a great buff imo.

STRYKIE

It works on all characters I get it 80% of the time. But it's no easy though. Wish they removed some recovery off of the up hat when it hits an air Bourne opponents to help with conversions instead of burning meter. This would have been a great buff imo.
Do you think it may be possible to replace the B2 with a standing 4 eventually? That could go a long way as far as squeezing out a bit more meterless damage out of Buzzsaw. But I can't complain cause it's still better than nothing.

just_2swift

Do you think it may be possible to replace the B2 with a standing 4 eventually? That could go a long way as far as squeezing out a bit more meterless damage out of Buzzsaw. But I can't complain cause it's still better than nothing.
B2 leaves them in a better juggle state. I remember when I started this combo I tested standing 3 as well I can't remember but it might give one % more. I haven't tried this yet in the new patch so I don't know how hard this is to execute.

just_2swift

OK I tested it it seems up hat is harder but straight hat after b2 seems better. It works on Cassie but 21 misses but I use f21 d1 for 27%

STRYKIE

B2 leaves them in a better juggle state. I remember when I started this combo I tested standing 3 as well I can't remember but it might give one % more. I haven't tried this yet in the new patch so I don't know how hard this is to execute.
OK I tested it it seems up hat is harder but straight hat after b2 seems better. It works on Cassie but 21 misses but I use f21 d1 for 27%
Fair enough, makes sense.

Just one more thing, could it be applicable from EX Spin? Assuming it hits them on the ground anyway, I'd imagine the 3 hits cause too much gravity scaling when used as an AA.