What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin Buffs/Fixes

ImAura

Ironic Irony
It whiffs if you're at a certain range, and it's a non-issue. Njp hitbox is designed to work like that, that's why it hits so low even at max height.
It whiffs up close on Shinnok consistenly on wake-up... Why did they design a move with a ghost hitbox?

ImAura

Ironic Irony
Normal dive kick is a ridiculously efficient whiff and projectile punishing tool. You can literally jump around like a fool and a lot of characters have to respect your options.

This was a response to you using arrow for the vortex instead of 34. I don't get it though, you want to be able to just shoot an normal arrow and combo after that? Why? He already gets a ton of damage lol

But that's the whole point of the variation. Load an arrow and get either cray damage or a vortex. You compare with reptile but reptile never had neither crazy damage nor a vortex, nor the crazy footsie range or air options that KJ does. The 34 ball buff that reptile got was pretty worthless, the combo after ex invis was the big buff and he still needs meter to do it.
1. Air footsies in a game based around air footsies, your being nitpicky that you have to respect him and his meta game.
2. Read NoBrows and my post over and you'll notice we wanna be able to combo into stun arrow, most likely using meter. Noxious Reptile doesn't need meter for 34xxNoxious Gas, neither does Johnny F3xxStunt Double.
3. Dude lets be honest Reptile has pressure, oki, space control, and 50-50s. Plus he has a solid anti-air game. I also stated this is my opinion and you have yours, I was afraid to do a poll because I foresaw such a response.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
As a jin main i think he is ok,his place on the tier list is wrong,i think he belongs higher.
His njp is great,it leads to insane damage,especially when you pick bojutsu.
So it is fair that is -16 on the way up
(the frame data is wrong in the move list).
As for the 50/50 i do not believe that his 19 frame ovh isn't fast enough so you have to guess,and if you block low always you do not have much to bother.
If you disagree let me know.

stamatis

Oh,i forgot,why the f**k straight arrow does so lillte damage? This has to be fixed.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
As a jin main i think he is ok,his place on the tier list is wrong,i think he belongs higher.
His njp is great,it leads to insane damage,especially when you pick bojutsu.
So it is fair that is -16 on the way up
(the frame data is wrong in the move list).
As for the 50/50 i do not believe that his 19 frame ovh isn't fast enough so you have to guess,and if you block low always you do not have much to bother.
If you disagree let me know.
I don't think he should be higher unless you're referencing Shaolin and yea a good few NJPs are negative on the way up. His 50-50 is solid so yea I' cool with your points.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
1. Air footsies in a game based around air footsies, your being nitpicky that you have to respect him and his meta game.
2. Read NoBrows and my post over and you'll notice we wanna be able to combo into stun arrow, most likely using meter. Noxious Reptile doesn't need meter for 34xxNoxious Gas, neither does Johnny F3xxStunt Double.
3. Dude lets be honest Reptile has pressure, oki, space control, and 50-50s. Plus he has a solid anti-air game. I also stated this is my opinion and you have yours, I was afraid to do a poll because I foresaw such a response.
1.- What nitpicky? Why do you think Slayer jumps so much? What are characters like Jason supposed to do against a jumping KJ?
2.- 34 xx Noxious Gas is useless.
3.- I use both Reptile and Kung Jin in tournament. Kung Jin has all of those too. You want cake and eat it too.

stamatis

I don't think he should be higher unless you're referencing Shaolin and yea a good few NJPs are negative on the way up. His 50-50 is solid so yea I' cool with your points.
Look my opinion is that bojutsu is the best variation. I know you will disagree,but I feel like he is really strong,he can kill you without meter,and he has a slow,but a good ex anti-air against the broken jump in kl,kk,sz.BUT this is just me:D

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Thanks and sorry I meant I'd take away the ability to cancel F3xxbd3. The 50-50 property
I know this wasn't focused on shaolin, but I'd want to make sure he didn't lose the ability to do F3 into low chakram in shaolin, as that is a pretty crucial mixup in that variation

ImAura

Ironic Irony
1.- What nitpicky? Why do you think Slayer jumps so much? What are characters like Jason supposed to do against a jumping KJ?
2.- 34 xx Noxious Gas is useless.
3.- I use both Reptile and Kung Jin in tournament. Kung Jin has all of those too. You want cake and eat it too.
1. You used Jason as your example...c'mon. Ok how about this, Lao, Kitana, Scorpion, Sub, Takeda, Shinnok, Kotal, etc. This is the game we play.
2. Yea, but it's there, it's useless in comparison to Reptiles other tools.
3. Same and Reptile is just better, he is the cake, but I will not take a bite until Jin sits at the table with me.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
I know this wasn't focused on shaolin, but I'd want to make sure he didn't lose the ability to do F3 into low chakram in shaolin, as that is a pretty crucial mixup in that variation
Sorry, I bring much shame to Shaolin. I honestly didn't have the Low Chakram or Low Arrow in mind.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
Also, I think your point re F24 is very important. F24 and F243 both need to be viable at the maximum range of F2, instead of causing 4 to whiff
Thanks F243 was my inspiration for this because I will throw it out in the neutral, but it whiffs.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
1. You used Jason as your example...c'mon. Ok how about this, Lao, Kitana, Scorpion, Sub, Takeda, Shinnok, Kotal, etc. This is the game we play.
2. Yea, but it's there, it's useless in comparison to Reptiles other tools.
3. Same and Reptile is just better, he is the cake, but I will not take a bite until Jin sits at the table with me.
1.- Yes, what is Sub Takeda Shinnok or Kotal gonna do?
2.- It's useless because it's a slow ass punish where you only get marginally more damage than easier to do combos.
3.- He's just as good as Reptile. He loses and wins some match ups, just like Reptile. And yeah he's much better than Noxious Reptile (since you mention 34 xx noxious and not deceptive for some reason).

ImAura

Ironic Irony
Look my opinion is that bojutsu is the best variation. I know you will disagree,but I feel like he is really strong,he can kill you without meter,and he has a slow,but a good ex anti-air against the broken jump in kl,kk,sz.BUT this is just me:D
Add me (eBoNiiKz_AuRa), I honestly defended Bojustu as the best forever, but I don't know man, I just don't know.