What's new

Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 12: Smarrgasm's List and The Rise of Catwoman

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wait, so General M2Dave 's latest "putting words in people's mouths" is claiming the KTP guys said MMH "is not that good"? The only thing they said was that claiming he's the "Kabal of Injustice" is a serious "accusation" (if that's the right word), because that implies he has no losing match-ups and no even match-ups. In particular, 16 Bit referenced REO's match-up chart for MMH, which contained a bunch of 5-5's. I'd take REO's opinion on the character over that of M2Dave or Playing 2 Win.

I also thought Pig's implication that they suggested MMH was a "bill of goods" (I'm glad that term is picking up by the way) was a bit out of character. They said he might be the best, but to call him "Kabal" is a bit of a stretch. Hell, they might be proven wrong, but I don't see how it's so preposterous that they said that at this point in the game. I'll just remind everyone that the "Kabal of Injustice" went from Aquaman to Scorpion to Superman to Aquaman again before now settling on MMH. Let's just say it's hardly set in stone (though I do think MMH is the best).

Also, I found Playing 2 win's match-up policing on MMH beating all zoning characters "8-2 free" particularly ironic considering just moments earlier, Tom hard rightly pointed out that unless you've played a match-up extensively, and know what you're talking about, you're not well-placed to provide a match-up number. So yeah, I'll go ahead and take REO's match-up numbers for MMH more serious than P2W's.

Other than that, it's always a great listen.

PS: M2Dave: "We're not saying MMH should be nerfed." Hmm...maybe someone needs to dig up that "game breaking glitch" thread.

Anyone noticed Coolwhip makes a post every episode of this show taking M2Dave to task on the latest KTP strawman?

I'm past the point of caring on the MMH topic.

Last edited:
TRASH OF TYM

Yea, we didn't go to the local because we KNEW you wouldn't be there. I'm not driving 2 and a half hours for nothing. I'll say again, I'll play you in any game I play. Why the fuck would I challenge you in a random fighting game that I don't play? Sure, I think you'd body me in KI since I don't own an XB1 and you have been testing. And I have added you on XBL, so I don't get why you haven't hit me up.

General M2Dave
I blew him up because of this double standard. He has TRASHED players like Mygod, Dizzy, myself, Denzell and countless others at tournaments. And yet he flips out the second that anybody mentions him. GTFO. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Brady complains about a community double standard against him but he takes advantage of this double standard. Don't ever talk to me about disrespect. You have blown up a huge portion of this community when you thought people weren't listening.
What the hell are you talking about?

I didnt trash Mygod... when ppl compared his resume to me I said that he has only placed top 8 at one big tournament, where as I have done it a thousand times. I have always been high on mygod and always sang his praises way back when ppl thought he was just some local hero. What I said was 100% true and was not meant to be an indictment on him. Its ridiculous that ppl even compare resumes.. Placing top 8 at EVO is an amazing accomplishment. Why cant ppl just see accomplished top players w/o wanting to compare?

I have never...EVER trashed Dizzy. Those guys open their home to me when I visit Chicago and I am always thankful.. STOP that bs right there.

Denzell? I trashed him? Where? AHHHH.. the "Sub-Zero" wars... Uhhhh.. maybe you didnt listen... EVERYONE was trashing everyone lol. Denzell, MIT, and I all look back on that and laugh. Denzell has earned my respect and we have never said anything negative about the other after MLG Anaheim. If myself and Denzell are over it, why the FUCK are you still stuck almost 2 years in the past.

AAAAAND... I do not blow you up. I commented on your constant complaining in this game early on.. which you did. When a game is that new, there is no reason to complain. Last I checked. Now.. you can get over yourself here and play.. or just be a dick. The trash talking days of mine are waaaaaaay back in MK9, get current.

If you think for ONE SECOND that I think that any top player is garbage then I'm offended. In IGAU i am infamous for saying that everyone is good. I am yet to play a tourney level player that I would consider even remotely bad.,, now get the fuck over yourself and leave the past in the past. Yes I used to trash talk.. BECAUSE PPL WOULD INVITE ME ON THEIR SHOW AND ASK ME TO!! I am far from a trash talker, I absolutely hate it, but this is what the ppl ask for.. "come on tom.. we need you to do it for hype".. Just the other week someone asked me "hey.. txt me some trash talk about Theo losing to Scorpion and I'll post it for some NEC hype". Theo also jokes on me as well. Neither of us believe the other is bad and both respect the other as top players. You just dont get it...

The double standard... look at you... You look at the whole SZ war and see me basing Denzell? Did not not hear the whole fucking show? Everyone trash talked.. but good ol' Wound Cowboy seems to only hear my voice... its 2013 man.. come on.. get out of the past. If we got over it, why are you stuck on it?

Fact is.. ppl here don't want the guy that I am in my day to day.. they want me on shows to be some arrogant, loud mouth braggart. I'm retiring the "Tom Brady" persona because I've actually grown tired of it. I don't care how many ppl yell "Tom.. your quotes are gold, don't stop".. I actually find it annoying.

I hold you in the highest of respect, don't for a minute think anything different.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm glad these guys, especially Tom, are finally putting it out there that Aquaman isnt Aquajesus....He does have tough matchups against Green Latern, Nightwing, Hawkgirl, Grundy.

I still believe GL is a 4-6 for AM.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Someone mind explaining to me the criteria for where a b+3 is viable vs MMH overhead teleport?
You can react to it and MB B3 it, but that requires the MMH to just be throwing out the tele. He will most likely do it in a setup or after a whiff and you will not be able top MB B3 it.

Reactions: gdf

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Wait, so General M2Dave 's latest "putting words in people's mouths" is claiming the KTP guys said MMH "is not that good"? The only thing they said was that claiming he's the "Kabal of Injustice" is a serious "accusation" (if that's the right word), because that implies he has no losing match-ups and no even match-ups. In particular, 16 Bit referenced REO's match-up chart for MMH, which contained a bunch of 5-5's. I'd take REO's opinion on the character over that of M2Dave or Playing 2 Win.

I also thought Pig's implication that they suggested MMH was a "bill of goods" (I'm glad that term is picking up by the way) was a bit out of character. They said he might be the best, but to call him "Kabal" is a bit of a stretch. Hell, they might be proven wrong, but I don't see how it's so preposterous that they said that at this point in the game. I'll just remind everyone that the "Kabal of Injustice" went from Aquaman to Scorpion to Superman to Aquaman again before now settling on MMH. Let's just say it's hardly set in stone (though I do think MMH is the best).

Also, I found Playing 2 win's match-up policing on MMH beating all zoning characters "8-2 free" particularly ironic considering just moments earlier, Tom hard rightly pointed out that unless you've played a match-up extensively, and know what you're talking about, you're not well-placed to provide a match-up number. So yeah, I'll go ahead and take REO's match-up numbers for MMH more serious than P2W's.

Other than that, it's always a great listen.

PS: M2Dave: "We're not saying MMH should be nerfed." Hmm...maybe someone needs to dig up that "game breaking glitch" thread.
The irony is that you are the one who is "putting words in people's mouths". Nobody on the podcast ever claimed that Martian Manhunter is the Kabal of Injustice. Playing To Win was saying that Martian Manhunter beats some zoning characters 8:2 which is true according to REO's match up chart.

Stop worshiping KTP and try to think for yourself once in a while.

WoundCowboy Blind_Man

I totally understand why you didnt show up. I thought that it was a local to which you guys were very close to. I know Cali is huge, I assumed that you guys were local to the event. I did say in advance that I could not attend so i agree with you guys not traveling hours to go.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If you think for ONE SECOND that I think that any top player is garbage then I'm offended. In IGAU i am infamous for saying that everyone is good. I am yet to play a tourney level player that I would consider even remotely bad.,, now get the fuck over yourself and leave the past in the past. Yes I used to trash talk.. BECAUSE PPL WOULD INVITE ME ON THEIR SHOW AND ASK ME TO!! I am far from a trash talker, I absolutely hate it, but this is what the ppl ask for.. "come on tom.. we need you to do it for hype".. Just the other week someone asked me "hey.. txt me some trash talk about Theo losing to Scorpion and I'll post it for some NEC hype". Theo also jokes on me as well. Neither of us believe the other is bad and both respect the other as top players. You just dont get it...
I don't want to really get involved with drama or anything, but why then did you tell Fab I was garbage and couldn't get games off you after beating you at Rob's house. And I heard the same things in MK a few times after I played you. I like you but that stuff bothers me...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I don't want to really get involved with drama or anything, but why then did you tell Fab I was garbage and couldn't get games off you after beating you at Rob's house. And I heard the same things in MK a few times after I played you. I like you but that stuff bothers me...

Revolver...

In MK...You BLEW ME UP for my 1 hour Kenshi losing to you in hotel casuals in MK9, only to have my kenshi get a bit better and upset a major Kitana player later in a future tourney.

You sir bashed me to no end on streams after IGAU EVO...

Next tourney we went to.. you failed to place top 8 where as I was in winner side of grand finals. I reminded you of your karma after bashing the shit out of me on several streams, so i gave you a good ribbing for some payback. You went with the usual.."ohh. i wasnt serious" which was a complete lie that you used only because you didnt do well. Should you have out placed me or beat me at that event, the trash talk would have been even worse.

At Robs, you got games off me.. but i was up on games sir so there was no "beating me at Robs". We had some good games and good sets. we were doing first to 2 sets with REO and as I recall you lost the first 4 sets by a score of 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0 as I kept asking REO if he wants back in the rotation after each set. after that we began to alternate sets with REO, with you and I both winning vs each other. I think you are a good player, what I told Fab is that he was harder to fight because while you know more, his defense was better. You know more and have more exp, so you are obviously THE Lex Luthor player right now, but Fab's ability to defend is hard to deal with. Fact is.. Fab has more exp in knowing how to win and it shows. This is not an insult on you, it a complement to Fab.

Revolver... you are a dick.. you act like a big asshole to ppl on EVERY stream, only to play the role of the victim when it comes back to you.

You went on for hours on me after EVO, when I had never done anything to you besides mention how you had "charlie brown" syndrome in tourneys. When you finally broke through.. I was on your side and totally backed you. After you had your bashing party on me, I went to that tourney to beat you/out place you and let you know about it. To remind you on how this person that you went in on for 2 hours on stream was in the grand finals while you were just a spectator. You cant be a dick and then play the victim later. You always claim to be joking, but fact is.. you're a bully who talks shit when they THINK they are in a position to back it up. Then, when it comes back to get you.. "Nah man.. I was joking".

Maybe you are joking.. maybe you joking comes off like an asshole.. but it rubbed me the wrong way, so I returned the favor. Now.. I haven't said a word about anyone or anything in months.. we can either drop this drama and move forward, or hold it for life.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
The irony is that you are the one who is "putting words in people's mouths". Nobody on the podcast ever claimed that Martian Manhunter is the Kabal of Injustice. Playing To Win was saying that Martian Manhunter beats some zoning characters 8:2 which is true according to REO's match up chart.

Stop worshiping KTP and try to think for yourself once in a while.
AK Pig Of The Hut called MMH "The Kabal of Injustice" and the KTP asked SonicFox's opinion about that claim, while voicing their own. What the hell are you talking about? And nobody on the podcast called MMH the Kabal of Injustice? You might want to re-listen dude.

I respect P2W as a top player, but he didn't say MMH beats "SOME" zoning characters 8-2. He said he beats all of them "8-2 free" (ironic since REO has MMH against your beloved Deathstroke as a 6-4 match-up).

As far as "worshiping the KTP" goes, I'm a huge supporter of Pig and Brady, two "Kryptonian generals," and I used to defend your threads all the time back when they were actually funny. Not sure how any of that makes my points any less/more valid...

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
AK Pig Of The Hut called MMH "The Kabal of Injustice" and the KTP asked SonicFox's opinion about that claim, while voicing their own. What the hell are you talking about? And nobody on the podcast called MMH the Kabal of Injustice? You might want to re-listen dude.

I respect P2W as a top player, but he didn't say MMH beats "SOME" zoning characters 8-2. He said he beats all of them "8-2 free" (ironic since REO has MMH against your beloved Deathstroke as a 6-4 match-up).

As far as "worshiping the KTP goes," I'm a huge supporter of Pig and Brady, two "Kryptonian generals," and I used to defend your threads all the time when they were actually funny. Not sure how any of that makes my points an less/more valid...
If Pig did make that comment, he can speak for himself and elaborate. However, I am sure that by Kabal he meant that Martian Manhunter may not have any bad match ups. You take certain comments too literally, including mine when I stated that Deathstroke is Kano 2.0.

Deathstroke is not a zoning character. He has better offense than Cyborg, Raven, Sinestro, and Zod.

Laugh it up.. but the "Tom Brday" persona that you ppl seem to love and hate so much is retired.

Now I'm gonna make so KI tech vids and an Aquaman anti-armor tech vid.