What's new

Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 12: Smarrgasm's List and The Rise of Catwoman

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When: Sometimes this week at 10PM or later.
Who: m2dave, Pig, Playing To Win, Theo, Tom Brady, Smarrgasm
What: Suggested topics are listed below.

NOW WITH MP3 VERSION
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/jx0z202aebf40fr/Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 12_ Smarrgasm's List and The Rise of Catwoman.mp3

CREDIT SABOTEUR

Episode 12 (not 11, I was misinformed General M2Dave )

******In No Order*******

-NEC 2013

-Martian Manhunter

-Zod

Playing To Win
- Possibly not going to NEC?
- character crisis?

Smarrgasm's List ***See Below***

Tom Brady's weekly blow up
- Theo losing to Catwoman
- Theo is overrated? Pig's response

-Killer Instinct 2013

-Theo Joins the fun

Enjoy

STORMS AK GamerBlake CrimsonShadow

Last edited:

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I agree that Aquaman is not unbeatable and "Kabal-like", but I think why most people drop him (Outside of picking other chars in tournaments when faced with "hard" matchups) is: He is a boooring character:p

I started Injustice by playing Aquaman, got a LOT of easy wins and very good win %, but I couldn't stick with it. I felt I had tapped the characters potential after a couple of weeks (Some stuff has been found later, but very little). I needed to play a character where I need to think more, be more creative and where I can go in to the lab and find something new every time.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Brady do you not know how big California is? That tournament was two fucking hours away from ME like 4 from cowboy. My dad had to work so no ride there for me.

TRASH OF TYM

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Wait, so General M2Dave 's latest "putting words in people's mouths" is claiming the KTP guys said MMH "is not that good"? The only thing they said was that claiming he's the "Kabal of Injustice" is a serious "accusation" (if that's the right word), because that implies he has no losing match-ups and no even match-ups. In particular, 16 Bit referenced REO's match-up chart for MMH, which contained a bunch of 5-5's. I'd take REO's opinion on the character over that of M2Dave or Playing 2 Win.

I also thought Pig's implication that they suggested MMH was a "bill of goods" (I'm glad that term is picking up by the way) was a bit out of character. They said he might be the best, but to call him "Kabal" is a bit of a stretch. Hell, they might be proven wrong, but I don't see how it's so preposterous that they said that at this point in the game. I'll just remind everyone that the "Kabal of Injustice" went from Aquaman to Scorpion to Superman to Aquaman again before now settling on MMH. Let's just say it's hardly set in stone (though I do think MMH is the best).

Also, I found Playing 2 win's match-up policing on MMH beating all zoning characters "8-2 free" particularly ironic considering just moments earlier, Tom hard rightly pointed out that unless you've played a match-up extensively, and know what you're talking about, you're not well-placed to provide a match-up number. So yeah, I'll go ahead and take REO's match-up numbers for MMH more serious than P2W's.

Other than that, it's always a great listen.

PS: M2Dave: "We're not saying MMH should be nerfed." Hmm...maybe someone needs to dig up that "game breaking glitch" thread.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
TRASH OF TYM

Yea, we didn't go to the local because we KNEW you wouldn't be there. I'm not driving 2 and a half hours for nothing. I'll say again, I'll play you in any game I play. Why the fuck would I challenge you in a random fighting game that I don't play? Sure, I think you'd body me in KI since I don't own an XB1 and you have been testing. And I have added you on XBL, so I don't get why you haven't hit me up.

General M2Dave
I blew him up because of this double standard. He has TRASHED players like Mygod, Dizzy, myself, Denzell and countless others at tournaments. And yet he flips out the second that anybody mentions him. GTFO. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Brady complains about a community double standard against him but he takes advantage of this double standard. Don't ever talk to me about disrespect. You have blown up a huge portion of this community when you thought people weren't listening.

gdf

Noob
Someone mind explaining to me the criteria for where a b+3 is viable vs MMH overhead teleport?