What's new

Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 11: $1000 MM Answer,Pig's $100 MM, Tom's Nuclear War Ensues

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
You still play this game?

Nope. But its not hard to stay good at. I like how everyone is impressed when someone who understands the engine is good with a new character in one day. This game is as deep as brawl. I'll still keep up with everyone who takes it seriously.

coolwhip

Noob
Nope. But its not hard to stay good at. I like how everyone is impressed when someone who understands the engine is good with a new character in one day. This game is as deep as brawl. I'll still keep up with everyone who takes it seriously.

Because you have Street Fighter fundamentals and we all know that the moment you touch a Capcom game you become a fighting game god who can blow up all these MK/NRS frauds...

#Kappa

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut
I love your show because it stays on topic and is very "down to business". When I tune into a podcast about a game I take seriously, I appreciate that you guys keep it on topic...on the game...on MU's...etc., etc.,
I am at 1:48:00 and here are some my thoughts...

1.)You and Tom are simultaneously entertaining and somewhat valley girl-ish. He makes some good points...and you make some good points...idk. I like Tom...but he does play victim too much and needs to be stronger mentally and what have you...

2.)M2dave is wonderful to listen to...he is funny....yet very serious about the discussion. He is great at moderating the convo as well as contributing...he keeps the flow and pace wonderfully.

3.)I love Theo and I have the pleasure of getting to play him often (we would play more if he didn't always send me invites so late at night ;) ) but Tom is absolutely justified in his annoyance here. They should play loooong sets...I'm a huge advocate for "First to when we get tired". This whole "we can play 4 matches and then PEACE OUT TILL NEXT YEAR" shit is pure rubbish.

So far, love your show's style and the way it's ran....don't change. ;)
Thanks , appreciate it
AK Pig Of The Hut
What do you say at 2:05:27 when talking about Deathsmaze? It sounds like you say my name but I can't decipher what you said?
I said u mopped him
Sounded something like "runway mops him up"

I actually ran two sets with that guy last night.

I beat his lex 5-3 and lost 2-5 to his zod. He seems uber cocky but I guess I'm just a scrub.
He is extremely cocky

He will be at Vindication tourney so it will be interesting

EGP Wonder_Chef
EMPEROR_THEO

Oh no, kind sir, Deathsmaze is the scrub. Not you. He basically stalked me on PSN AFTER I said he didn't have the best Zod. He sent me messages repeatedly saying "play me a first to 5" "blah blah blah you scared" ...all because I stated his Zod wasn't the best, especially considering that I play M2Dave, who is clearly better than DM.
He always pulls the "FIRST 5 NAOW "card
AK Pig Of The Hut

Did you take down the mop stop Scorpion podcast?

I wanted to listen again to hear Tom argue 'it's just too early to allow the character in tournament' because all I remember hearing was that Scorpion breaks the mechanics of the game,that figuring out the match up and learning how to fight him clearly wasn't part of the issue because it'd been 3 weeks and REO was still beating people online with Scorpion, that even Foxy -who was the only person in the world who could beat Scorpion- thought Scorpion should be banned, and that the only reason PL was defending Scorpion was because he needed Scorpion to win
Yea I removed it

Reo and I thought it was for the best seeing how it's single handedly the most embarrassing moment
Loved Pig's motivational spiel @ the 2hr mark.
Thanks
Wow Really Pig I dont need bat cave to win with Frost 95% of the time Idc where we fight at if its in your advantage or my advantage. I always try to overcome obstacles not avoid them no matter the odds
It was a joke
Holy fuck. Look at that line up. All of the best people in the world gathered together in one house? *BRAIN EXPLODES*
That is an awesome list

Look forward to it

coolwhip

Noob
Agreed with whoever said it's cool that the podcast is straight to the point. Of all the podcasts I've listened to, whether fighting game related or otherwise, KTP is by far my favorite, but it's cool to have something a little different with Kryptonite Council.

AK Pig Of The Hut

1- Is the shots fired podcast still in the making?
2- What happened to the Kryptonite Academy?

Pig Of The Hut

Agreed with whoever said it's cool that the podcast is straight to the point. Of all the podcasts I've listened to, whether fighting game related or otherwise, KTP is by far my favorite, but it's cool to have something a little different with Kryptonite Council.

AK Pig Of The Hut

1. When Reo left it completely removed the steam behind it because he had an amazing collection of screen shots and notes that he was going to dig into and use but obviously since thing have changed which sucks but it's great for him which is what matters

2. Tough to answer, I really want to continue them and start it back up but the selfish bone in me is prevailing. MY available time to play and train is 11pm-4am and that's my time I have to use to train and play to stay w everyone level and try to improve . One night out of the week that's taken w a podcast KCP, Saturday I can't play at all because I have to be in bed by 11pm, Monday I can't play past midnight (work at 7 next day) 90% of the Thursdays and Friday I am out of town w work so that leaves me

Sunday
Tuesday
Wednesday

One night of the above is taking up w the Kcp show

So that leaves me Sunday (usually) and Tuesday which I play about 5-6 hour each day but that's 2/7 days

I'm not willing in any way to give up another night w a huge Nec event coming when I hav done nothing but fork over porous results

Random other times during the day I'm able to play but those times are extremely unpredictable and therefor I never rely on them

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut

I will say the vita/PC version coming this week will help

coolwhip

Noob
Guess what I stumbled upon accidentally? General M2Dave getting bodied by Perfect Legend's Scorpion offline at Coco a couple of weeks ago. I guess he was right, Scorpion still breaks the rules of the game and Zod is mediocre...

Starts at around 29 minutes in:

By the way, GGA 16 Bit, you were right: Dave does not know how to block Earth Shaker (the Zod vs Doomsday matches occur a few minutes before).

I know this post is pointless but hey, any excuse to put Dave on blast regarding the Scorpion debate...

Pig Of The Hut

Guess what I stumbled upon accidentally? General M2Dave getting bodied by Perfect Legend's Scorpion offline at Coco a couple of weeks ago. I guess he was right, Scorpion still breaks the rules of the game and Zod is mediocre...

Starts at around 29 minutes in:

By the way, GGA 16 Bit, you were right: Dave does not know how to block Earth Shaker (the Zod vs Doomsday matches occur a few minutes before).

I know this post is pointless but hey, any excuse to put Dave on blast regarding the Scorpion debate...
Scorp ZOD is minimum 5-5

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Liked the podcast a lot. However, spent way too much time on whether or not Black Adam was "broken." The game hasn't been around long enough to determine if that's true or not. And that's not the point anyway. A nerf can be warranted even if a character is not "broken." The purpose of a patch is to improve a game - if a nerf to a strong but not overpowered character improves the game (by improving character diversity), then by all mean it should be done. Whether a character is merely strong vs broken is irrelevant.

@2:16:20 in the podcast:

"And in comes injustice...I don't think it's going to die, but I feel like...our game started off really big, and then our community intentionally tries to make sure it doesn't grow, simply because they want everybody else to be as grumpy as they are"

-TomBrady

My god he hit the nail right on the fucking head! This game had stream views just as high (and sometimes higher) than marvel at one point. It was being played in Korea, and the Singapore scene as well, and even had a generally good international showing at EVO. Then the naysayers just wanted to tear all of it down for very dumb reasons.

The game had a crazy amount of momentum from the get-go, I'm just surprised when such a big opportunity presented itself to make the game as big as Marvel or SF4 we blew it. I REALLY hope this same turn of events doesn't happen for mk10...but unfortunately it will.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yet I still beat one of the premiere Doomsday players. If I could block Earth Shaker consistently, how would Doomsday get damage?

As far as Scorpion goes, I never learned the match up because he was going to get banned.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You lobbied for a character to be banned when you didn't know the matchup?
I knew the match up very well because I fought REO on a daily basis. But when I found out that Scorpion was going to be banned/normalized, I stopped fighting the character, and I have not fought him since.

By the way, I am just like Pig. I want to move on from the Scorpion discussion, but some people on the KTP are still butt hurt and keep bringing up the subject.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I knew the match up very well because I fought REO on a daily basis. But when I found out that Scorpion was going to be banned/normalized, I stopped fighting the character, and I have not fought him since.

By the way, I am just like Pig. I want to move on from the Scorpion discussion, but some people on the KTP are still butt hurt and keep bringing up the subject.

Fool, your method of moving on seems to be bringing it up every show and going on about it for 20 minutes. This show you were talking about stuff Slips said 4 weeks ago.