What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 5 Feat: GGA 16 Bit + Claude Von Stroke + Perfect Legend

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just to put general m2dave on blast -- from my experience there are bidet's all over much of Western Europe :D

(But since you're a product of the Mother Russian Strip Club Mafia, you wouldn't know that ^^)

Pig: "Shouldn't Superman have like 150-160% health instead of 200% because of all the tools and damage output he has?"

PL: "No."

Pig: "Why?"

PL: "Because HE'S SUPERMAN."

gtfo with that shit lol. We're talking about game design and balance not stupid DC portrayal accuracy. Otherwise you can say: Hey, he's Superman. So you know what he should be the only character in the game with 100% combos and a third life bar. lol no.

Also let's get something clear: Akuma has low health in SF because he's so strong HE HAS TO HOLD HIMSELF BACK to have any challenge at all. Doesn't that remind you guys of a super hero? Just saying lol.

That said, I disagree with Pig when he says "all the top tiers" should get health reduction. If you reduce the health of a character like Killer Frost, she's going to have problems because she already has bad mobility, few options in general and deals weak damage. So having low health in addition to those already existing weaknesses wouldn't make sense. Black Adam and Superman having lower health would make sense because of their superior mobility and overall lack of weaknesses. So I definitely agree that it could be a solution but not a perfect solution.

At the same time, I feel like Pig is on to something just because his solution would keep the characters metagame intact and dumb, but they just wouldn't be AS DUMB and as dominating.

Like m2dave pointed out, Akuma, Yun and Seth have low health but they're still top tier characters because of the superior tools/options, mobility and vortexes they have. BUT, imagine Akuma, Yun and Seth with 1100 health? We also can't say starting with lower health doesn't matter because it does. If Akuma or Seth had 1100 starting health they would be ban worthy lbsh. Them starting with 850-750 hp basically just makes them "reasonable top tiers" as opposed to ridiculous god tier.

But I also agree with 16-Bit and Claude when they say the top 6-7 characters in Injustice just have really dumb tools that they shouldn't really have in the first place. I agree that all the exciting matches are during pools and when you get to top 8 it's just typical Superman, Black Adam, Batman, Green Lantern and they're some of the easiest to play and most boring to watch characters in the game. I mean you know a top 8 sucks when you're rooting for Chris G LOL.

I don't know, it's a tough call. I personally don't know how to really balance Injustice the right way. I don't know what they could change to make the matches more hype and make some of the top characters less boring/irritating to fight against. I honestly have no clue. But yes in general I agree that the top 6-7 characters could use either a health or damage nerf at the very least and some tweaks to frame data to at least be negative enough on block if not punishable on some things.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Damn pig blew me up really bad.

Apparently if I can beat Chris G that means Chris G is free in the matchup? =/

Not going to lie, that legit makes me pretty angry.
Chef man that's not what I meant

I felt like I was agreeing w you about the problems in the game by what I said. Let me clarify what I said and did I not say this......?

Chris g has more fundamentals than u and me combined, however this game rewards scrubby ness meaning u and I could pick up black Adam and a week and destroy a 3 month main. You told me u were apologizing mid match vs bit, I tried to convey all your negative feelings into that segment and use it to discuss how it's an overall problem on injustice

I didn't try to blow u up, think about it, I used that as an example as I thought we had talked about as a problem w the game

Pig Of The Hut

In two parts he pretty unquestionably blew me up.

First right after Bit said "oh he won with GL not Black Adam" Pig said "Well it's clear that Chris G is free in the GL matchup, so hopefully he learns it."

Also when they were talking about how some characters are too braindead he brought up that I "could beat Chris G with GL even though Chris G is a better player."
I also said GL is a fair character meaning u winning w him is Great but yes I point out chris g is FRee in the MU but regardless that's a huge win

I was more focused on Adam

Pig Of The Hut

Heres another thought I had Pig about your Idea and the only way I think it would work.

If the game had a handicap system like SF4,

you would be able to set it as the game grew for each match if there was anyway possible for the community to actually agree on match ups.

The big problem with this to me would be, what happens when at a tournament, a superman player is playing at this life disatvantage vs say I don't know a Joker,

And this joker has new superman tech and blows him up and changes the way that match up is played. How fair is that to the Superman player and his tournament?

I don't know, I just think when the skill level rises in this game, and the game knowledge goes up the game will change.

Edit: Walk speed buff is needed 100%, it would change this game for the better. Green Arrow should not be walking around like the hunchback of notredamn lol.
In two years te game will be dead

I like how capcom can figure out health bars and think NRS should as well

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
I agree that the health bar not resetting does make matches a bit anti-climatic. Especially when one player has 150% health going into round two. I really wish IGAU just reset the health bars each round like other fighting games do.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
These should be shorter for my convenience. I'd listen if it was like an hour. I demand you change your show for me

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
AK Pig Of The Hut, I see where you are going with the health thing, but it's not gonna work in this game. The fact of the matter is that authenticity does mean something and, using this health system, you'd be making characters like Superman and Black Adam alot less durable while characters like Joker and some of the others into tanks; would just be a little too weird in my opinion. I think they are starting to do a decent job with buffs/nerfs recently, and I get that you guys are hesitant to go nuts over a character again, but I think there are definitely some ways calm supes and BA down without dropping them off the map. I also disagree that once you start nerfing them it will start a chain reaction of "now it's this character" stuff. If the bottom gets improved a bit and the top gets taken down in some intelligent ways (hopefully NRS can figure out what is too much in some of these characters right now since, you know, everyone else has by now...) there's no reason that the cast can at least mostly meet in the middle, with some characters still a little better off and some still a little worse off; that will always be the case.