What's new

Kryptonite Academy Episode 3 - Lex Luthor Tutorial Basic and Advanced Tactics

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Will be looking into this when i get time, lex is low tier but hes such a g...yoo that cell phone!
Right? Lex is the such a lovable gangster. NRS did such a good job of capturing the personalities of all the characters and that's something they don't get enough credit for.
Speaking of fighting game evolution, this Kryptonite Academy series is really good. It not only gives the us a super informative, to the point video guide but also somewhat let's get to know a player in our community. I've never spoken to Revolver before but now I like him and I'm sure other people do to. Blindman and Lordofthefly I feel had the same impact.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
First, a setup expanded off of your missile setup. After blocked missiles, they're at +14, and at a good space for 22d1. If that string hits, it's a full combo into another reset. If it is blocked, it's +2, allowing for a d1 mine which will always land. (this may be interruptible?)
My problem with that, as I mentioned in the video, is that there's no reason for a smart player to get hit by a 22d1. IMO there's no reason not to go for the 50/50 where both low and overhead can combo. I think Lex's d1~corp charge might be un-interruptable but everything else can get d1'd at the least.

You sure this was the best time? The new patch will probably buff Lex a bit and some of these may need to be changed a bit to fit the bill.
From my understanding the buffs that lex is getting are more of a couple fixes that won't change him too much.

"Prince", don't do that!"
Kittens are horrible with commands.

rev0lver

How does it feel to know you single handedly made people care about Lex again?

I picked him up because I wanted to play a "low tier" and I've been seeing a LOT more Lex's online all the sudden. He's soooo much fun...until you play Sinestro or Raven.
Lol I can't say that I did anything. Other guys have been showing him off online and stuff for a while.

How about DS ? Is there a way to get in vs him? It seems impossible to me
You have to be really patient vs DS. Jumps+dashes at the right time. Fortunately you can punish non-machine shots with corp charge from a decent range.

My problem with that, as I mentioned in the video, is that there's no reason for a smart player to get hit by a 22d1. IMO there's no reason not to go for the 50/50 where both low and overhead can combo. I think Lex's d1~corp charge might be un-interruptable but everything else can get d1'd at the least.
I get that, and I wasn't expecting it to be the standard setup for lex, more of a pocket trick to catch someone off guard.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
rev0lver

How does it feel to know you single handedly made people care about Lex again?

I picked him up because I wanted to play a "low tier" and I've been seeing a LOT more Lex's online all the sudden. He's soooo much fun...until you play Sinestro or Raven.
Again? The only people who cared about Lex legit never stopped caring.

---

I've been maining Lex since the demo, and i'm glad something showcasing his abilities has finally made it to the front page.

People are sleeping on him now, but if this next patch gives him even one good buff, I think people with begin to know to fear him.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I've been picking up every character in these tutorials and I plan to do it with each vid, even if it's just to know my MUs. Thank you so much for organizing these Pig.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
good shit guys lex was my demo character so ive always been interested in his dirt ,
need to get bodied by a high lvl lex