What's new

Kryptonite Academy Episode 3 - Lex Luthor Tutorial Basic and Advanced Tactics

PaYizT

Say it with your chest .
Yo im hype! been trying to learn lex for a while can't wait to start watching this right now, the raven and solomon ones were great ,thanks pig and revolver for this .

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Good showing! Just finished watching, and learned lots of things. Namely that when Lex is in the right hands, he's definitely no pushover.

chores

bad at things
the whole time i was watching this i had kdice.com open in another tab and i always keep that site muted, so i was hearing all these fucking beeps and boops thinking 'wtf are those sounds why did they leave whatever is making them on while they were recording?' - so i finished the vid (which was awesome btw) and closed the tab ready to come here and comment when i realized it was kdice. so hows everyone elses night going?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm glad it turned out well. there's probably some things I would've liked to expand upon and talk about, but yeah i think we got most things covered.

inb4 i'm the #59 lex player when people learn how to use him lol

Awesome video revolver. I had some ideas that may be old but I've never seen them and I believe they have potential.

First, a setup expanded off of your missile setup. After blocked missiles, they're at +14, and at a good space for 22d1. If that string hits, it's a full combo into another reset. If it is blocked, it's +2, allowing for a d1 mine which will always land. (this may be interruptible?)

Another one is a corner reverse/pressure setup I'm working on, it doesn't seem safe but no one would expect it. Instant air j2 into corps charge will stun them and then fly right over them. Then you can land with armor f3/b3 to make it even tougher to punish.

Reos setup of b2 into air blast also has some potential. 22 will hit perfectly which can be canceled into trait dash.

Thoughts?

Wow, I knew Lex wasn't as bad as people thought but I didn't know he was that cool. :)

Nice tutorial Revolver & Pig.

I really like REO's ideas too. I think Lex could be played really lame with the life lead. I mean, with lv3 armor he doesn't need to worry about zoning that much. He can just sit on his life lead and they have no choice but to come to you or wait until trait ends. And when trait is about to run out, he can throw a probe/mine on the screen and if they try to get in you just push them back with pushblock or b2 xx up lance. Then check them with d3 xx trait cancel lv3 (only 5 sec cooldown). Rinse and repeat until time out lol.

I think Lex has strong enough anti-airs, a2a J3 and whiff punish to be played super defensively. Actually, if I played Lex I would take life lead with chip damage and sit on it. I would only go for setups and resets to comeback from behind or when I feel like styling.

Man I really feel like playing Lex now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You sure this was the best time? The new patch will probably buff Lex a bit and some of these may need to be changed a bit to fit the bill.

Good video, either way

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
rev0lver

How does it feel to know you single handedly made people care about Lex again?

I picked him up because I wanted to play a "low tier" and I've been seeing a LOT more Lex's online all the sudden. He's soooo much fun...until you play Sinestro or Raven.

Sauron

Noob
rev0lver

How does it feel to know you single handedly made people care about Lex again?

I picked him up because I wanted to play a "low tier" and I've been seeing a LOT more Lex's online all the sudden. He's soooo much fun...until you play Sinestro or Raven.

How about DS ? Is there a way to get in vs him? It seems impossible to me