What's new

Kryptonite Academy Debuts Episode 1 - Solomon Grundy Tutorial Basic and Advanced Tactics

This is awesome! Thanks so much to Pig and L0rd and everyone involved in doing this!

Suggestion: You should grab 16 Bit and PR Balrog for Killer Frost. They are the obvious top 2 KFs, I think. I know 16 Bit recently dropped KF for Catwoman, but that was just a couple weeks ago and he still has months of tournament experience with her.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Great video and idea for a series. I have the most fun playing Grundy but he has to work like 10x harder than the top tiers.

I have the same exact problem with the crossover WCC's. Also when trying the Tyrant stance change reset, I have a problem landing it when they just stay down and play dead.

This vid gave me some new ideas though, and I think I will invest some more time into the Deadman.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
This is really good stuff. I don't even play Grundy and I felt compelled to watch the whole hour of this. Very informative.

I highly recommend you get Aris to have a word on DS as well. He's already made something similar to this (a 50 minute synopsis of the characters abilities and limits).

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Great stuff Pig and Fly. Makes me want to mess around with Grundy. This kinda stuff is the reason I would tune in weekly for the Brady and Silent1 show back in the day, love learning about characters i've been sleeping on. Keep it up, Pig!

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Nightwing will be next :)

Or hmmmmm bat girl

I do wanna do NW quickly because I want others to be introduced and interested in this character
Watch our stream last night? Plenty of matches between myself and Reno where we did a lot to break each others characters down as best we could for one another.

Was a lot of fun and the matches were pretty back and fourth. Reno's Batman is so godlike!

coolwhip

Noob
AK Pig Of The Hut Please don't let this die (ie do a few shows with a few characters and then drop the concept). I know it won't be easy and it's probably a lot of hard work, but this is probably the best "instructional" this community has ever had, MK9 days included.

Thanks a ton, and thanks to LOTF. This was immensely helpful. I genuinely picked up Grundy for the first time while watching this, and it makes learning him easier.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Great idea! But we may want to wait untill the patch to do Cyborg. If his trait buff is good it may change up his strategies. That being said, I have so much cyborg stuff I need to get out and this would be a fine outlet.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Great idea! But we may want to wait untill the patch to do Cyborg. If his trait buff is good it may change up his strategies. That being said, I have so much cyborg stuff I need to get out and this would be a fine outlet.
Yea im very hesitant to do another till after the patch however i really wanna knock out another one this week

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is really great Pig, it's the type of thing I want more of out of the FGC. Thorough breakdowns of characters and their moves sets, setups, matchups, etc. Although it's still long, to some this is much more ideal than reading through tons of pages of threads and figuring everything out themselves. Especially when you're a new player and already really overwhelmed by just taking on the task of the learning the basics of fighting games.

Again, great work. I'll be tuning in to all these and although I main Grundy I'm going to watch this and see if there's anything I can learn.

- If there's any way you can make time stamps for these videos I'd think that'd be really helpful. Even for those who watch the entire thing, it helps to be able to find a certain part that we want to focus on and get to it without having to scan through a lot of the video.
Thanks man hopefully we set a new standard

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Great great video Pig and Fly. It made me think of changing a lot of the stuff I do with Grundy especially in the corner.

IMO I feel Grundy deserves a buff on his MB Swamp Hands. It should either get
A: 2 hits of armor (got this from m2dave) OR
B: Be able to track and catch dashes and teleports.

These buffs wouldn't shoot Grundy to the top, but they deff would make matches a lot easier to deal with. It sucks when u use a bar of meter on swamp hands and a batman will dash it or a shaman will just tele especially when u make the right read.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
I'm honored to be on the list. ^^ Yes I wouldn't mind doing my part for Shazam :)
I will be busy though in the next couple weeks, but just let me know when you wanna do this.
For the time being, I'ma have to learn all the frame data for this lol so you may want to do mine later XD

Great first video btw, very informative!