What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Khan : Shao Khan or Relatives?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I meant that in terms of play style.

Surprise, surprise! Lol I have no idea, but they've proven already that we really have no clue what's going on so from now on my guesses will only come from left field.
Oh well then yeah, you are right.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
It might very well be Shao Kahn, reincarnated after his meeting with the Elder Gods at the end of MK9 (post-defeat).

If not, probably an ancestor of Shao Kahn's. It's not implausible to assume Shao Kahn is half-god.

Doubt it's a sibling or descendant.

I don't think they're related at all, Shinnok and Shao Kahn are actually related (or atleast thats what MKA stated).

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the "Kahn" in his name it's some stuff that Ed put to make us speculate about .... I think NRS did not want to get rid totally of Shao Kahn, so, even if he was "killed" by the Elder Gods in MK9, this new dude Kotal maybe has some link with him ..... remember non-canon ladder end of Nightwolf ? some shit like that could took place and part of Shao Kahn evil essence might makes part of Kotal Kahn being ....

max-6186

Noob
the "Kahn" in his name it's some stuff that Ed put to make us speculate about .... I think NRS did not want to get rid totally of Shao Kahn, so, even if he was "killed" by the Elder Gods in MK9, this new dude Kotal maybe has some link with him ..... remember non-canon ladder end of Nightwolf ? some shit like that could took place and part of Shao Kahn evil essence might makes part of Kotal Kahn being ....
Or maybe is king jerrod back and change his name

Or maybe is king jerrod back and change his name
That wouldn't make nay sense though. Why would King Jerrod want to enact any revenge against anyone? The only motive he would have is that he was brutally murdered because he was too dumb to believe in what Shao Kahn stated. And the fact that Shao Kahn was able to resurrect Jerrod's dead wife and make her alive again AND try to have relations with her is the ONLY angle that could work with. But Kotal's background is that he's aan Aztec god... how does that relate to the Jerrod/Shao Kahn storyline?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
That wouldn't make nay sense though. Why would King Jerrod want to enact any revenge against anyone? The only motive he would have is that he was brutally murdered because he was too dumb to believe in what Shao Kahn stated. And the fact that Shao Kahn was able to resurrect Jerrod's dead wife and make her alive again AND try to have relations with her is the ONLY angle that could work with. But Kotal's background is that he's aan Aztec god... how does that relate to the Jerrod/Shao Kahn storyline?
Not to mention, Ermac is still alive, so Jerrod's soul still resides in his body.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah exactly so how would that work out in the end?
hum .... there are 2 only options : Jerrod soul still lives inside Ermac, or if Ermac ladder end in MK9 has a minor true aspect, maybe Jerrod went free from Ermac and now is a soul walking without body .... anyway, if Jerrod is not anymore part of Ermac, I cannot see any link of him with Kotal Kahn .... Jerrod is good by nature and as a lone soul , has not interest in doing evil acts; while on Ermac, there, Ermac had some degree of control in the souls that are part of him, so ..... it's weird thinking that Jerrod could be any relation with Kotal Kahn ..... Kotal Kahn seems to be some aztec demi-god that can have some Shao Kahn relation, in blood or spirit way, and none past link with Jerrod ....

I actually think the whole inspiration of Kotal Kahn came from Kratos.. They wanted to have a character so "regal" and ancient like. Even if i'm not a fan of the new idea a very fresh roster, Kotal Kahn seems legit.

Another thing: His fatality is a ritual version of Kano's ICONIC fatality. .. do you think this is a sign that the latter won't be around in mkX?
Yes, in mk9's trailer Scorpion used kano's fatality as well, but not his iconic one..

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Maybe that's his husband. I hear Outworld is very accepting of same sex marriages. They know what's up.
I WISH, too bad there is little chance for a gay male character in this game. BlazBlue is literally the only fighting game to have gay male characters in it(Only 2 though).

max-6186

Noob
Why maybe kotal khan is king jerrod/Sho khan ...Fuke is the 25 years from mk9 ending who know what happen in this 25 years,there Johnny Cage daughter.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interesting...if this is a Kahn/Nightwolf fusion then you can bet your life I will main him