What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Khan : Shao Khan or Relatives?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
yeah ur right :D So he looks great :) Im fan of piercing too :p

Possible main depending on how he will play :p Damn characters in this game look badass :D Only one I dont like is scorpion but its not because how they made him but im just not a fan of this character :D

max-6186

Noob
There fatality for him give his opponents 54 punch in all body that will be badass XD

Last edited:

EGGXI

Scary Bat
He ain't Kahn's son, dude is obviously a part of some kind of Azterc lore, so he's from or around Earthrealm.

He could be a successor of no relation, I could believe that.
Eh I mean who's to say that Aztec culture isn't influenced by Elder Gods/Outworld? He's not necssarily Earthrealm.
I reckon he's just the new Kahn, related or otherwise. It seems like all the new characters are "future"... based on nothing other than Cassie.

There's pictures in another thread, but to go with what another poster said, his sword seems to confirm he's not just aztec themed, but somehow very obviously linked to the aztecs.

With that in mind, i'm thinking elder god, and maybe one that appeared to the aztecs and led to their worshiping methods(all the human sacrifice stuff).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Pretty sure its been said...

Khan is just a title, probably a way to say ruler or give some sort of huge authority.
Ghengis Khan and etc.

Shao was a name brought from Chinese origin, which would explain the commonplace use of characters like ninjas and Liu Kang and such. Likewise the idea of tournaments, the styling of legion warfare, and the focus on traditional weaponry and martial art.

Kotal does seem like a play on Quetzalcoatl, so we may be in for a more savage timeframe, a pull away from the more stylized and legion based combat and story and a focus on sheer brutality and conquest. It would make sense, should Shinnok and Quan return in this game, that a potential fellow "fallen god" who demanded sacrifice be made in his honor would team up with those who collect the dead. Its also pretty obvious that this is much later than the end of MK9, so it could also be a "someone woke up a great and ancient evil" schtick and thats the opening Shinnok and Quan were looking for. We actually don't know how Mortal Kombat occurs after MK9 because Liu Kang is gone and so is Shao, so a conquest of slowly taking victories in parts of the world would tie in decently well.

It would make sense with all the reports of things becoming more dark and brutal, and it could make a sort of timeline:

MK 1-3 -> MK9
v v
MK4 -> MKX
v v
MKDA -> ?
v
MKD
v
MKA -> ^

Now as for characters, theres a few who wouldn't exist and would exist: Reiko, Tanya, Shinnok, Quan Chi are obvious in-candidates because of their alignment, and not having any necessary connections to the now-dead cast, while Noob saibot is unlikely to return on account of I-dont-have-a-soul-itus. However, some characters like Kai wouldn't be in the game because of their necessity on Liu Kang. Jarek would be one of the few due to the survival of Sonya Blade and the death of Kano. Motaro is also seen as being killed, so is Shang Tsung. Without him, Deadly Alliance never happens. That means that Li Mei never ends up a prisoner, she never has a reason to fight in the tournament, and Bo Rai Cho never has reason to emerge since most, if not all, if his students (and future students) are dead. Fujin, should he appear, would die in the first act as Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kai are not around to save him from Shinnok's army.

All things considered, we are likely to see quite a few new characters, and some old ones. Goro and Kintaro are some candidates, with Kintaro being the most likely due to the more primal animalistic feel of it all. Frost is another character we may see, as it would be taking place around that time and she is unaligned. This is all speculation, of course, but it shorts up to "Characters who depend on anyone except Sonya/Cage/Raiden/The Shokan/Netherrealm/Scorp/SZ #3 probably won't be in." Characters like Ermac? Very likely, especially with Shao Khan's death. It should be interesting to see how they handle it. Overthinking concluded, time to sleep.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Does not look anything remotely close to Shao Kahn or a descendant of him.

Hopefully we get some gameplay of him soon. I'm super antsy to see how this character fights.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
If it's anything related to Shao Kahn it would probably be his father as some believe he's one of the Elder Gods (and with his glowing white eyes I find that plausible)...

This would also explain why Shao Kahn is so powerful...
Shinnok is his father...and the Raidens.

Kotal Kahn is probably Shao Kahn that was somehow preserved by Shinnok when the Elder Gods destroyed him at the end of MK9 for breaking the rules. Look at what they did with Cassie Cage, they essentially fused JC and Sonya... Maybe Shinnok uses Shao Kahn's body as a host to enter the realms and compete in Mortal Kombat sort of like how Raiden went into his human form to enter. Kotal Kahn = Shinnok + Shao Kahn.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
As far as I know the title "Kahn" is basically evil, so he is probably on teh forces of darkness side.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Kotal Kahn is probably Shao Kahn that was somehow preserved by Shinnok when the Elder Gods destroyed him at the end of MK9 for breaking the rules. Look at what they did with Cassie Cage, they essentially fused JC and Sonya... Maybe Shinnok uses Shao Kahn's body as a host to enter the realms and compete in Mortal Kombat sort of like how Raiden went into his human form to enter. Kotal Kahn = Shinnok + Shao Kahn.
Boon said himself that Cassie Cage is Johnny's and Sonya's daughter. They are not fused.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler

I don't think shinnok + shao kahn would be one of the first 4 characters revealed lol

Boon said himself that Cassie Cage is Johnny's and Sonya's daughter. They are not fused.
I meant that in terms of play style.
I don't think shinnok + shao kahn would be one of the first 4 characters revealed lol
Surprise, surprise! Lol I have no idea, but they've proven already that we really have no clue what's going on so from now on my guesses will only come from left field.