What's new

Kotal Kahn Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I wish his headgear was customizable instead of his totems. Really makes you wonder why they decided against it. :(
feathers on headsets and making sure they look good/shade good/light good etc probably a lot more complex than just here's the static XYZ model. Everyone has like 30-50 options in all the categories and big ornate headdresses probably would just take up a lot more man hours to make sure it looks good vs other stock items.

yeah the numbers on everything look really, really bad. I hope there is something more to be figured out than just whats on paper.
dont worry. the moment when you go through mk 11 movelists and realize theres nothing without a downside is just the moment when you realize how stupid mkx has made you :D.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
dont worry. the moment when you go through mk 11 movelists and realize theres nothing without a downside is just the moment when you realize how stupid mkx has made you :D.
huh? The numbers are out for a lot of other characters, a lot of other get plenty without a downside other than just losing their turn. More than a few have plus strings as well. If everything kotal has for buttons is punishable, then whats the point.

i can just say raiden has sucky framedata too, but he seems to work. just get your hands on the game to see what you can make of the frame data, i feel like you cant interpret these numbers without knowing actual hitboxes, pushback, and animations. those have way more meaning in this game than before.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
who cares about kotal's fatality, when you always watch fatality ON bottom kahn, because his only safe option is default throw

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So apparently Kotal's command grab is a mid. A couple of notable top players are saying that Kotal Kahn is amazing, so there has to be more than just these numbers to go off of.

Here's the updated frame data with both of Kotal's variations thanks to @ShepherdOfFire :

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So apparently Kotal's command grab is a mid. A couple of notable top players are saying that Kotal Kahn is amazing, so there has to be more than just these numbers to go off of.

Here's the updated frame data with both of Kotal's variations thanks to @ShepherdOfFire :

Honestly I’m not surprised, looking in all of these character threads they 75% people acting like their character is the worst in the game because they can’t get away with murder in the neutral on paper, but we don’t actually know how this stuff looks in action.

Even simple stuff like not knowing pushback amounts, which as important as frames because a move being negative isn’t much of a problem if it knocks the opponent about a mile away on block as they recover, is unknown as well as the arcs on his attacks and their hitboxes.

But of course we’ll see on launch day.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm posting this in here because posting it on it's own thread would create so much chaos.... (someone else can if they want to)

People playfully call things broken. This is actually broken. It's an infinite with no way out.

If timed right the opponent:

Can't jump out on hit
Can't jump out on block
Can't poke out on block

The command grab is a mid. It's an option-select so it's impossible to guess incorrectly.
I thought they patched this stuff out in MKX? I thought for sure it would not be in MK11.

@16 Bit @Dizzy

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
That's crazy. So, pre-jump frames aren't throw invincible?
There must be a few pre-jump frames or something. What it boils down to is that there is no escape.

For people who don't know what a command-grab-option-select is, here's a video (it's not too hard with just a bit of practice tbh):

Status
Not open for further replies.