General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn needs BUFFS

Do you think Kotal Kahn need buffs?

• Yes ASAP

• No, he is fine

• No way, he needs nerfs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I dont play blood god. War god has the overhead that leads to sick damage. Every character in the game has a tick throw so i dont see whats so special about kotals. If it did more damage, maybe. It only does 4% more damage maxed out and throws them across the screen. I dont use the health regen ability ever so maybe theres that too

Maybe i have it backwards as i havent played sun god in awhile. Is it b12 blocked makes the command grab whiff? And i could have sworn b14 on oow hit made command grab miss. Ill have to go back into practice later
B12 choke wiffs on block, not on hit.
B14 choke wiffs on hit.

Btw wargods overheadsword is -18 and his variation has the lowest damage.

Im not saying sungod is better then wargod variation but my point is that sungod has no trouble opening up your opponent, only less tools then wargod to do so.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I know that I'm not on your level, but I have a small piece of information that you have overlooked.

Sun God is viable at all levels of this game. Just use chip and armor to get his Sun Throw off on the ground and timed armor to make it dominant anti-air.
Eh, I suck, man. I'm still learning the game like everyone else. If you're on XBL add me and we can get some games. I played Infinisynth's Sun God yesterday, actually. The command throw in Sun God was killing me. I hope to see some more people using Kotal's other variations as the game evolves. For now, I'm sticking with War God.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Eh, I suck, man. I'm still learning the game like everyone else. If you're on XBL add me and we can get some games. I played Infinisynth's Sun God yesterday, actually. The command throw in Sun God was killing me. I hope to see some more people using Kotal's other variations as the game evolves. For now, I'm sticking with War God.
My GT is GAV60. I'm certainly not the best, but I can show you how to get the most out of his command grab.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
My GT is GAV60. I'm certainly not the best, but I can show you how to get the most out of his command grab.
I just want to make sure I have this right. You're using the Sun God Choke for your anti-air?

If this is the case, is it successful versus deep jump in attacks or shallow ones? The main issue I have with anti air throw is jump kicks normally have active boxes much lower than the throw catches their body at, so even the ex trades more often then I feel it should.

If you're able to use the armor from SGC and the throw connects when they land (I've never seen it connect in the air outside of juggle state), that simplifies everything!

I have not seen one of Kotal's variations since I stopped playing blood god, or one of Jason's aside from slasher! Pretty much people are playing with the best variation anyways... Idk if they'll try to fix all the variations but I feel like Kotal would b pretty easy to fix.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I just want to make sure I have this right. You're using the Sun God Choke for your anti-air?

If this is the case, is it successful versus deep jump in attacks or shallow ones? The main issue I have with anti air throw is jump kicks normally have active boxes much lower than the throw catches their body at, so even the ex trades more often then I feel it should.

If you're able to use the armor from SGC and the throw connects when they land (I've never seen it connect in the air outside of juggle state), that simplifies everything!
It's all about timing, since the move tracks. Don't worry about placement as much as timing. It will armor through and connect. The timing is stricter than that for the non-throw ones (like Jason, Jax, and Kano in Commando). Once you get the timing down, it will become routine in matches. I never miss these opportunities any more. If you're trading, you did it just a tiny bit early. You don't want to get hit first, but you can't be on it pre-emptively or its gonna do that.

B12 choke wiffs on block, not on hit.
B14 choke wiffs on hit.

Btw wargods overheadsword is -18 and his variation has the lowest damage.

Im not saying sungod is better then wargod variation but my point is that sungod has no trouble opening up your opponent, only less tools then wargod to do so.
His overhead sword may be -18 but it covers 3/4 of the screen. If you do it from max range or close to it, its not that easy to punish. It dont matter if war god technically has the lowest damage, it can get that damage because then enemy has to respect his overhead and is b14 starter. The great range and armored overhead just make it better

Kotals shit in sun god is fun but its just not as good. You arent going to be landing f2 very often against good oppts to get sun gods massive damage potential. Sun god doesnt have a reliable special cancel for his strings and 114 will whiff alot as a punisher if the oppt low profiles.

War god benefits more from blood offering too. Blood offering then his overhead launcher into f2 is like 32% damage before even completing the combo.

I love sun god man and i think the moon choke brutality is prob the coolest thing in the game, but war god is just better in pretty much every way.

On another note, the in game frame data says basic throw has faster startup and more adv then sun choke

If it were up to me, these are the changes I would make to Kotal Kahn.

Universal
  • 114~exDF1 connects on all opponents. As of now the AA grab whiffs against Ferra/Tor.
  • Increased cancel advantage on F34, allowing
    • AA grab to connect thereafter, and
    • combo to be continued when canceled into Totems and Soul Scorch on a standing opponent.
  • B2
    • ground bounces an airborne opponent a la Aquaman's b2, and
    • creates a stun state on a standing opponent a la Grundy.
  • B14 is 12f hit advantage, up from 5f.
Sun God
  • exDF4 aka God Ray mirrors the frame data of Soul Scorch (and Blood God's totems IIRC) but outputs damage like the regular Sun Ray.
  • Increase the frame advantage of level 3 command throw a la Grundy's ex Corpse Walk. (Sun God is a grappler and yet his grapple leaves the opponent at 3/4 screen. Very silly.)
War God
  • No variation specific changes.
Blood God
  • Normal parry starts up in 4f, down from 8f.
  • New move: ex Blood Offering has armor for the duration of the start-up animation, but otherwise operates exactly like the normal Blood Offering.
Fin.

NHDR

Noob
All I'd like to see is his Air Takedown become a better AA. And maybe some way to use his blood offering and sun ray specials, because they're very scarcely used.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

If your opponent does a jumpkick you're fucked.

If he jips, it's better to do as at nearly max distance so he's fallen by the time the command grab's out. I use it as an anti air that way all the time.