What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn needs BUFFS

Do you think Kotal Kahn need buffs?

• Yes ASAP

• No, he is fine

• No way, he needs nerfs

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have being playing since day one with him and he is pretty good, however I feel like he is pretty slow when it comes to normals.
When it comes to special moves, I find pretty hard to use the Sun disk and the big flying sword ( at least 10 frames faster ) as for his "war god" variation, I think d,b3 should be at least 5 frame faster since it takes forever to make it go around your head and hit the floor.

"blood sacrifice" : it would be awesome if we could combine it like the "power buff totem" from blood variation ( d,b1), if blood sacrifice was the same startup frames like that, we could pull off a combo like: f1,b2,blood sacrifice,d1,ex grab,f1,b2,grab, that would be great for damage.

Also I was thinking about a faster recovery for "sun beam", it is pretty hard to mix it up sometimes.
finally, the overhead (b2) it is a joke the way they made that, but it also does not work properly, it is slow and we can't surprise the enemy, but what if it is slightly faster and being able to make them enemy bounce once it hits them? I don't know what else to think of, perhaps speed buffs since he is pretty slow with his NORMALS. ( yes I am looking at you f4 and 1.
Finally, f2 and f1,b2 should be at least 2 or 3 frame faster to punish properly everyone and catch them off guard.

anyways, these are my thoughts and I hope to hear from you guys.

PS: NO TROLLING and if you disagree, please give the reasons why ! Thank you

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
For the most part his main issues are that he has useless abilities that don't do anything.

God Ray: Why is this so slow? Like it's insanely slow without a benefit to warrant it, it renders it a gimmick at best that's hard to use. 40 frames should be the maximum total time, odd's are 20 frames would still be fine

Blood Offering: Again too slow to be useful given that you don't have the pressure to either get it out or to use it well when it is. This one 40 frames is probably the maximum speed it should get, but it still needs to be faster then it is.

The rest are mostly bug fixes. But that is all that is explicitly needed in the short term. Anything else can wait till we see how those kinds of changes work.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
He's fine , just lost 3-1 to him one night , hes really tough cause he has hit advantage like a mf , if you use his ability wisely. But the thing i dont like is how you cant punish that unblockable sword swing upclose -_-

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
If it's "unblockable", why would you be able to punish it? :DOGE
Um sir :DOGE
Lmao not to block then punish (cause its unblockable durrrr) , his unblockable has a mid hit ,THEN a unblockable ground pound. I figured you could reverse before the unblockable frame started, ya feel me?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
meanwhile people are winning tournaments all over the world with war god Kotal.

if you think that having the fastest low jab in the game that is safe and has great reach makes you slow then you might just not be as good as you think you are.

regulas

Your Emporer
A variation that can kill you with one combo "needs" a way to get off the ground? Block button is disabled when he gets up?
Because in a tournament you can easily and reliably land that combo right? Or two 50%'s? With blood, without being full combo punished easily?

War god is amazing of course because his new specials specifically compensate for most of his weakness'

meanwhile people are winning tournaments all over the world with war god Kotal.

if you think that having the fastest low jab in the game that is safe and has great reach makes you slow then you might just not be as good as you think you are.
Where? Can you post videos of the stream? Thanks

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm not saying Blood God and Sun God haven't proved to be total butt right now. All I'm saying is War God is definitely an amazing variation that shouldn't be slept in at all.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Imho sun ray needs to be faster. His sun god needs some sort of buff since the concept of the character is built around it.

War god is fine while blood god is technical and would pay off later on i believe.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
A variation that can kill you with one combo "needs" a way to get off the ground? Block button is disabled when he gets up?
No it works perfectly fine. And yea he does. I didn't say it needs to be safe but if u knock him down (especially in the corner) its like game over for him. Just something that knocks the opponents away. He gets zoned out bad so if you're far away from kotal its in the opponents favor at that point

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I would just buff the db3 totem. Would be cool to have a totem making his projectiles faster :p

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I wouldn't mind if the damage on each level of the sun choke was buffed a lil bit but I'm happy with war god for now.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I think hes fine, once again you have a damage buff and a sunbeam that gives you life back as well as hurts the other character. its easy to get either one out as long as you're not trying to just rush someone down with it.

He's fine , just lost 3-1 to him one night , hes really tough cause he has hit advantage like a mf , if you use his ability wisely. But the thing i dont like is how you cant punish that unblockable sword swing upclose -_-
You can neutral jump while he is swinging it over his head, and I believe Kotal is fine the way he is honestly, I never use his blood sacrifice and I don't feel I need it, not trying to sound cocky. I also don't see why his sun beam would need to be faster, I don't see it as something you should do up close or in the middle of a block string. I use it after I've pushed the opponent a good distance away (particularly after a throw) to either heal or to sneak some extra damage.

I will agree that outside of wargod his mixup game is almost non existent, but I suppose that is the risk you take with either blood/sun.

Hes a very strong character IMO and I enjoy him the most out of the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
I think hes fine, once again you have a damage buff and a sunbeam that gives you life back as well as hurts the other character. its easy to get either one out as long as you're not trying to just rush someone down with it.
Both of these abilities can be full punish from fullscreen on reaction by much of the cast unless you are throwing them out at the end of a combo, only you could just add more damage on at the end which as it's guaranteed and often higher anyway is far more useful. For now it's a lot easier cause people don't realise that you have so much recover time. But wait there's more, if you are throwing it at the end of a combo you are loosing out on any and all oki pressure to boot. The buff should be 10-20 frames faster and the beam should be 20-40 frames faster (you can't spam it anyway).

One of the many reasons War God is good is he doesn't need to care about these abilities.